Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading

Thread: Ruger GP100

Boolit Master

Ruger GP100

Saw a new blued 6" one today without the full length underlug.
    Wish i had not just purchased a new Smith in a way.

Boolit Master
    You need to go get that GP100. Shoot it side by side with your new Smith. Pick the winner and trade the other. I have a fairly new GP100 4 inch stainless. Love it. I also have some old Smiths love them too. I don't have any new Smiths, but I do have 4 new Rugers.
    "Time and money don't do you a bit of good until you spend them." - My Dad

Boolit Master

Been shooting GPs & Redhawks since they came out , almost everything in the safe has a pheinox on it now !
    GP100man

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dwight hardy View Post
    Saw a new blued 6" one today without the full length underlug.
    Wish i had not just purchased a new Smith in a way.
    Unless I'm mistaken those have not been made for quite a few years without the lug. I bought mine in the early 90's cause I did not want the extra weight hanging out front. Excellent shooter with cast!
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

I have a six inch with the lug and am working on a job now that payment is another six inch with lug. I can not tell you how much I love the GP-100. Easy to work on and with, and so far mine is not to picky about load just bullet diameter.

Adam

Boolit Buddy
    I recently acquired a GPNY 4" full underlug. Once I did away with what felt like a 25# hammer spring and replaced it with a 9# I was amazed at what a nice shooter it turned out to be. Look like I found a new field gun for hunting season.

Boolit Master
    The only handguns I have that don't have a Pheonix on them it is my T/C Contender.Love but brands
    I'm the King of my castle---anytime my wife's not around
    Life NRA member

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"
    Thomas Jefferson

LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSIUT OF THOSE WHO TREATEN US

Boolit Master

People will argue on triggers on rugers .

They CAN be made as smooth as any ,but Ruger DA revolvers have always had a long pull (by design) & stack slightly (which I prefer)

All my GPs are with servicable triggers now & if I got back into the games I would probably build 1 just for that reason.
    GP100man

Boolit Master
    My GP100 full lug blued was the last year they made them, new enough to come with the Hogue grips. It is the only Ruger I have that hasn't needed trigger work, in fact no work on this was done, it prefers .358 sized boolits, checked or not matters none and has never seen a jacketed bullet and shoots great.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by GP100man View Post
    People will argue on triggers on rugers .

They CAN be made as smooth as any ,but Ruger DA revolvers have always had a long pull (by design) & stack slightly (which I prefer)

All my GPs are with servicable triggers now & if I got back into the games I would probably build 1 just for that reason.
    I'll agree with that. My 686 has a shorter double action trigger pull by at least a third of the length. The trigger pull length makes Rugers difficult to compete with in any competition that requires speed, but overall I'm very impressed with the one I have.

I made IDPA Sharpshooter in both SSR and ESR with my Ruger GP-100. When the buzzer goes off what trigger pull? Mine is very accurate with both .38spl & .357mag cartridges.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Love Life
    I had a S&W 327 performance center (8 shot 38/357) that I thought would be the bees knees. After several thousand rounds of 38 special +p the gun got out of time so the gun went out the door. I still have my trusty old beat up GP100.