MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyReloading EverythingLee Precision
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLoad Data
Repackbox Wideners

Thread: Savage 19 full stock

Boolit Master

Savage 19 full stock

At the gun shop the other day, the owner handed me what I thought was a romanian 22lr training rifle. Upon closer inspection it is a Savage ful stock model 19 in about 60% condition. I have shot it and it is LASER accurate out to 50 yards. It does not have the peep sights and it does not have a magazine. I think the rifle is one of the cooler ones around and I like the way it shoots. Looks cool next to my 1903-A3. Got the rifle for 75.00.

Anybody have a magazine for it?
    I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I plan to go out the same way.

Try here: http://suburbansportinggoods.com/sav...r-8-19228.html

Or, go directly to Triple K.

Be aware that the mag for the Model 19 is different than the one for the 19-33.

I may be wrong about this but I think the same mag that fits the Savage Model 23A also fits the Model 19. Be certain because they aren't cheap!

Boolit Master
    Well, heck. My magazines just came in from Triple K for a savage 19 and of course, they are wrong. Not that they did anything wrong, I mis-identified the weapon. Come to find out, under the model 19 "banner" they made one year of "1922's" in, you guessed it, 1922. They were made for one year and one year only according to other internet sources. These rifles were military trainers and featured TWO point firing pins firing the primer at 12 o'clock and again at 6 o'clock. Unfortunately, Triple K did not have any of the proper mags for it, but Numerich did. At 41 dollars EACH!!! Well, i guess that's how it goes!
    I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I plan to go out the same way.