Thread: Re Re Re... Rerun of Miha 9mm 125gn HP mold

Boolit Buddy
    Winchester, VA, but I'm from the better Virginia...WEST Virginia

Accuracy is better than I am of course.
    It's only 8yds rested, I need to work on my trigger pull
    Titegroup 3.3grs
    sized .357
    5 shots

and the bonus of shooting hollowpoints, there are bullets just laying on the ground behind my target when I'm done ready to be recycled! Saving the environment one hp at a time

Boolit Buddy
    I saw that, and didn't even think twice about it. I will give 'er a try. Got a chainsaw file that will work great.

Thanks Christorbust.

Man, I love this site. Saved me years of frustration already.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Young kid to old vet: "How do I know when it's time to take up arms?"

Old vet: "Well, you grab your rifle, load 'er up and go outside........ if you're the only one, it ain't time yet!"

Boolit Master

Received mine last week, cast about 200 for practice since I have never used a brass mould. WOW! Super consistent, easy release once the mould warmed up, the hollow point pins are a neat design. Flat point boolits are 122 gr +- 0.5gr with my mix, HP are 5 grains less and all mic at 0.3588 +-0.002. I put an H&G handle on it for practice but they are loose so I have to buy a set of Lyman handles. Both types of pins included and 2 snap rings for each pin. I also received a small bottle of sprue lube. Somehow, I missed Mihla was located in Croatia, though that would not have changed my participation in this GB. Thanks Dannix.

DRNurse1

Education is one thing you can give away freely while suffering no personal loss and likely increasing one's own knowledge.

Properly vetted source information prevents GIGO, the scourge of the internet.

Boolit Buddy
    Finally got a chance to run 50 of these through a 9mm. Put 25 through a 357 as well. Used 45/45/10 tumble lube for both. A mid range load of WSF got the nod in the 9. Some old W571 (HS7) fueled the 357.

Both shot as well as anything I've loaded up for those 2 platforms. Accuracy hung right in there on the 9 through the full 50 rounds, so if there is any leading it did not affect results. Feeding was flawless.

It is sure nice when a plan comes together. Altogether, a promising start from another Mihec mold...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNurse1 View Post
    I put an H&G handle on it for practice but they are loose so I have to buy a set of Lyman handles.
    I don't think the Lyman handles will work. I'm pretty sure the 2 cavity are too short and the 4 cavity are the 'nutcracker' style that aren't suitable for these molds. You need the Lee 6 cavity handles or similar.

FYI his location overseas is why the shipping is just a bit more than other vendors. This is my third MP mold and I've never had a problem with shipping...and the molds are all magnificent works of functional art.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Boolit Buddy
    Someone PM'd for the data on my 9mm load. Since 9mm can be troublesome I'm posting a detailed response here hoping it helps someone else. The usual caveats apply about this report representing only my results, your results may vary, work up safely, etc.

- Win brass, expanded with a custom m-die to ensure the .3585 bullet is not sized down after seating.
    - Fed 100 primer
    - 4.5 grains WSF, which is a mid range load per the Hodgdon load data center for a lead bullet
    - Miha 359-125 with round HP pins, air cooled wheel weights
    - Tumble lubed twice with 45/45/10, once before push through sizing to .3585, and again after sizing
    - Seated to 1.100 OAL, with a taper crimp that just straightens the bell on the case.

Accurate to the limits of my ability. Zero leading after 50 rounds. A little powder and lube residue pushed out with a single patch of Eds Red and a couple dry patches. Feeding was flawless.

Two comments:
    - Fit is king. Sizing .3585 just allows the loaded cartridge to chamber. The custom m-die made this possible, though others have used 38 special expanders, etc.
    - Powder burn rate seems touchier in the 9mm than in other cartridges. WSF burns slow enough to avoid stripping while using ACWW. A fast burn to bump up is not needed when bullet fit is correct.

BeeMan

Boolit Man
    Have these molds shipped already? I was on the list, but I never received a request for funds. Is it too late to send the money in?

Thanks,
    Tim

No longer living in the High Country, Australia, a lowlander now.
    Quote Originally Posted by h1tdk00 View Post
    Have these molds shipped already? I was on the list, but I never received a request for funds. Is it too late to send the money in?

Thanks,
    Tim
    Shipped & delivered a month back, Mihec's July listing shows heaps available.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ighlight=Mihec

I'd get a email to him straight up as why you were missed.

Boolit Man
    Thanks, contacted MiHec, he has some left.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021