Load DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Wideners

Thread: .455 Webley

.455 Webley

I have a set of RCBS .455 Colt dies. Unfortunately I also have a supply of .455 Webley cases that of course are shorter than the .455 Colt cases. With the set I have I cannot crimp the cases. Lee indicates they have a crimping die for the .455 Webley BUT the part is also for the .45ACP which lead me to believe it won't work. Have any of you guys loaded these cases and either no where a guy can pick up a crimping die for the .455 Webley case or of a work around?

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by robertbank
    I have a set of RCBS .455 Colt dies. Unfortunately I also have a supply of .455 Webley cases that of course are shorter than the .455 Colt cases. With the set I have I cannot crimp the cases. Lee indicates they have a crimping die for the .455 Webley BUT the part is also for the .45ACP which lead me to believe it won't work. Have any of you guys loaded these cases and either no where a guy can pick up a crimping die for the .455 Webley case or of a work around?
    The LEE Carbide Factory crimp die for the 45 Colt works fine here. For the short 455 Webley case, you probably will have to make a solid spacer that goes between the crimping sleeve and the adjustment screw to get the crimping sleeve low enough in the die. A soft bolt the diameter of the crimping sleeve can be cut and filed easily for this.

Boolit Grand Master

Take your 45 colt seat crimp die to your local machinest and have him trim it down. I use Lee dies and charge $5 for trimming them. I have made them for 45 Sch. (befroe it was popular) 455 Webley, 45 Belgian and a couple of more I forget right off hand. I can't get rid of any of mine as I may need them again. I pick up old dies and mismatches at gun shows and make them into something I can use. You can also taper crimp the shells with a 45 acp seating die.

Kcso

Thanks for the reply. I am going to get some Lee .455 Webley dies and be done with it. Tried taper crimping the rouds with my .45acp taper crimp without sucess.

Stay Safe

I would spend the $35.00 and get a set of Lee .455 Colt/Webley/Eley dies with a factory crimp die and be done with it.