Reloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Load Data Titan Reloading
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ballisti-Cast Equipment Modifications

What price do you want to see our molds at? Would $150 for a 4 cavity cause less sticker shock? We are looking into trying to cut our production costs by becoming more efficient where ever possible. However, having a premium quality mold is of utmost importance to us and there is only so much that can be done to cut prices without sacrificing quality.

Moderator Emeritus
    Lets ease off a bit here no need to start getting personal.

Every one is entitled to an opininion although here on Cast Boolits we think it courteous to just walk away if you think somethings price doesn't suit you.

All of us will have different views on the value of things and providers have to sell at a price point that people will find value in.

That is the spirit of free enterprise and ultimately the market place decides the value or otherwise in a product.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Boolit Buddy
    I'm a firm believer in "you get what you pay for". I have a couple of original H&G molds, a Ballisti-Cast 668, a host of Ideal/Lyman molds, a few RCBS molds, as well as a couple from Mihec and one from NOE. So far, other than my aluminum Mihec 68 clone that came to me warped and a couple of Lyman molds that were undersized, I've had pretty good results with them all. But, that being said, I have never had to tinker with the H&G and Ballisti-Cast molds to get them to cast well. Or for that matter, my NOE mold, which has been great as well.

But, again, you get what you pay for. I would rather spend once and pay more, then have to spend time tinkering with a mold to get it to work right. Personally, I think it's worth the extra cost to get the size and weight I want, using my alloy, for something that will last longer than I will. Plus, I know my money's staying here in the USA supporting American jobs.

And as others have said, if someone doesn't want to pay the asking price, there are plenty of other options.

Boolit Master
    I own eight of the Ballisti-Cast 4-cavity molds along with many other custom molds from the various quality makers. Seven of those from B-C are the best casting molds I own ! Although my Ballisti-Cast molds come from the previous owners it looks like the current owner is trying his best to not only maintain quality but is asking for suggestions to improve !

The spru plate on the Ballisti-Cast 4-cavity molds is the VERY best there is... period!

I would suggest that the mold catalog be improved !!!! The drawings are terrible and have been for many years !!!!

Jerry

Ballisti-Cast 4-cavity

S&W .38/44 Outdoorsman Accumulator

Love Life
    First off I want to apologize to Finishman2000 for my childish and ******* comment. It was uncalled for.

Second off I want to apologize to Ballisti-Cast for bringing that garbage into their thread.

To answer post #61 by Ballisti-Cast:
    Yes $150 for a 4 cavity mould would be much better. I understand that your company is the top of the line for boolit moulds, but it is hard for someone to even try one of your moulds at the current price points, and impossible at H&G price points.

Boolit Buddy
    No hard feeling. This site is truely more friendly than say ar15.com. here opinions are welcomed and that is how it should be.
    nothing starts trouble like talking about money/cost of things. one mans deal breaker is anothers value. i don't like aluminum molds at all, anybodies. i will always pay more for a premium product that i expect to last longer than me. customer service also is important and i will pay a little more to the company that gives it.
    anyway, you show that you're a "good guy" who just gets caught up in the moment, it happens to all of us at times. take care.

Boolit Master

I am glad BC is back under new management. A fresh start by someone with a vision might keep us from losing the H&G tradition of quality. Good Luck in your endeavors...............
    JMHO-YMMV
    dd884
    gary@2texastrucks.com
    Gary D. Peek

Boolit Buddy
    I have several H&G molds and was very happy to pay up for the quality. I just ordered and paid for a Ballisti-Cast and feel the same way................Keep the price as high as needed to produce at a rate that won't result in lower quality.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234