Load DataLee PrecisionWidenersReloading Everything
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Repackbox Titan Reloading

Thread: Hee Hee. Ruger #3 in .44 Magnum

Hee Hee. Ruger #3 in .44 Magnum

Only problem is, girlfriend has decided it is "hers".

You need to load up some Buffalo Bore type loads to shake her of that.

I had one of those back in the day. It never shot for beans, but now I know a lot more than I did then. Wish I had it back to play with!

-Nobade

Boolit Master
    That, I believe, is the rarest caliber in #3's.
    Founder of the Single Shot section.

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have.

8 in the 10 ring, then I get a PING. Love my Garand.

Cast Boolits Owner

I currently have #3's in 44 Mag, 375 Winchester and 45-70. First one I bought was a 30-40 Krag and like a dummy sold it to a member here to finance another project. Dad has one in 22 Hornet which will be mine eventually. Only need a 223 and another 30-40 Krag to finish the #3 collection.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master
    I have one in Hornet. I am tempted to convert it to a more useful .357 magnum. I have a barrel blank already laying around.

Boolit Master
    OK, I'll play along.

I have #2s (#3 with #1 wood) in 223, 30-40, 375, and 45-70.
    Last edited by cabezaverde; 03-05-2013 at 08:02 PM.
    Founder of the Single Shot section.

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have.

8 in the 10 ring, then I get a PING. Love my Garand.

Cast Boolits Owner

I thought this was about #3's but since we are also talking #1's I will admit to having 2 of those: 45-70 and 357 Magnum (Highway Patrolman Special). All are nice, all are keepers.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Bub
    Maybe find the girl friend a .357 1892, would be lighter in weight, a bit less recoil, she can crank the lever n' keep right on firing. Of course you can put into the contract she will have visitation rights to 'your' #3 .44 magnum now n' then. A win-win situation!! hehe Then you can 'borrow' her .357 1892, to sight it in, check the sights now n' then, make sure it's still working ok, etc. Or it it does wind up being a 'hers', then you should have visitation rights, taking it for a walk in the woods right, and allowed to hug it now n' then...

Boolit Bub
    On a more serious side, your girlfriend will be forever grateful you parted with such a fine carbine 'just for her'. Rather nice you've a partner who enjoys shooting. Good for you both.
    Presently have a few #3, they are dearly appreciated - my being a dedicated carbine user. Have: .30-40 (someone had drilled/taped for a receiver sight); .45-70; .257 Roberts (having been rebored from .223 in 1982 by PO Ackley's shop, was my caribou hunting iron for many years in Alaska); a .308 WCF (a rebore by Cut Rifle in 2005);
    6mmBR (rebarreled/restocked from a .375 Win that had the chamber redone to .378 GNR). Yup, there's jus' sumthun 'bout a #3 . . .

I kept #3's in 223 and 375 BigBore
    the 45-70 was too much of a good thing - prices have gone way beyond my budget now a days.

Well, she's never fired it with full bore loads. I crank out a plinkin/cowboy load by the coffe-can full consisting of 240gr RNFP and 7.0 gr of Unique. Dirty, but the Ruger and my 1894 Marlin will both cluster it into one ragged hole at 25 yds. I let her & her daughter shoot the 1984 and my 1894CL 357 Sunday and they had a ball with them. I think I'm already going to be down one Sig P-6. (have 3 of those, tho)