WidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Repackbox RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another 6mm to discuss, MX3-245-EX

Another 6mm to discuss, MX3-245-EX

I've another 6mm bullet to discuss with you all. I read the comment wherein Swede said that the 6mm bullet Blammer is now honchoing the group buy of, was made using tooling for a 22 bullet. So I had to ask about using the tooling for yet another 22 bullet to make a 6mm bullet. Don Eagan never got around to making this one to my knowledge, guess he had other things to do and places to go before he got a chance. I know for sure that I want one. Though the illustration Swede provided shows the bullet in the 6x45 seated below the case/shoulder junction, measurements indicate that the base would be right at said junction, the nose would be in the rifling, and it would be below max magazine length, IN MY AR. Though I have a similar Eagan bullet, I had to enlarge the nose so I'm casting with a single cavity. For anyone interested in seeing what my modified Eagan will do in the 6x45, look here: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=121224 I'm confident that what Swede has drawn up will work even better for me. Although willing to discuss this bullet, I am not willing to be a honcho as I may be moving before it could get on NOE's schedule.

Last edited by madsenshooter; 08-06-2011 at 04:00 PM.
    "If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master
    If Swede can do it with those dimensions from the 22 cal reamer, and I don't see why not, I would be in for one. If it is like the other 6mm buy, it could be done as a small group buy, making it more likely to get on schedule. If there is enough interest and Swede says it can be done, I'm in. I'd even honco if one is needed.
    Lyman 22596,225107,225353,225438,225415,225450,225646, 225462,228367,244203,245496,245497,245498,245499 RCBS 22-55-SP,22-55-FP,243-95-SP,243-100-FP, NEI 100244GC-#14, 55 224 GC-#4,225 45-#3 PB, NOE 22-055 SP,MX2-243,Saeco 221 & 243, RD TLC225-50-RF,Lee 22 Bator 6c & 2c HP. Love casting small boolits, let me know if you have one that I don't that you would part with!

Boolit Master
    I'm in. Make mine a 5 cavity. Drill for probe.

Tony
    Last edited by tonyjones; 08-15-2011 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Provide new info

Billy, you're thinking in terms of a cherry, NOE molds are lathe bored, so it's pretty much a matter of adjusting the cuts with the tooling that you have. I think. I guess I should let those with more understanding of machining answer that. Thanks for the offer to honcho, we're already at 3, so only 2 to go for a small group buy. I wonder if this bullet could be done on the small blocks that the 22s are done on? I know my Eagan takes a lot of heat done in BaBore's 2 cavity blocks.
    "If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

Made in U.S.A.
    madsenshooter

What we do is kind of a cross between lathe boring and a cherry.
    All done on a CNC mill.
    And yes we would cut this one on our small blocks.
    1 and 2 cavity on a 1 cavity block
    3 cavity on a 2 cavity block
    4 cavity on a 3 cavity block
    5 cavity on a 4 cavity block

Swede Nelson
    The expectation of evil is more bitter than the suffering -OR-
    More people die from worrying about getting ate by a bear then get ate by a bear.

Ah, combined technologies. Oops gotta watch that, I see red everytime I say that. That was my idea, as was the Ballistic Silvertip, and all Bob Nosler gave me was a hat!

-Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Buddy
    I would like a 2 cavity

Kirb

Boolit Mold
    I would like a 2 cavity. What size is the gas check shank? I hope it's not a big as the MX2-243 Eagan.

I hear you on that dogtired. I'm dogtired of tapping them on! Even the gators are a tight fight! I'm sure Swede's got it down though. Since I have the MX2-243 cherry, I know what it cuts. Swede, we have enough for small group buy, I'll let you take it from here!

-Thomas Jefferson

Gentlemen, I heard from Swede today, he'll be putting this in the active group buy section soon. Anyone else that has interest, look for it there, we are done talking about it!

-Thomas Jefferson

Swede's busy with tooling problems on a big run, he should hire a fulltime computer person. Hmm, I'm looking for a job, gotta pay for these toys! Thus far we have:

1. madsenshooter 3Cw/HP
    2. dogtired 2C
    3. kirb 2C
    4. tonyjones 5C drill for probe
    5. BCall 2C w/HP
    6. dromia 4C drill for probe
    7. castblaster 5C
    8. DragoonDrake 5C

If anyone else wishes to be added, just chime in and I'll keep the list updated.
    Last edited by madsenshooter; 02-28-2012 at 04:42 PM.

-Thomas Jefferson

Moderator Emeritus
    Four cavity drill for probe please.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Boolit Man
    Castblaster 5c GC

I am in for a 5 cav all GC

Any updates on this one?

Presently on the schedule for the first week in Feb. I'm on the group buy for the parent boolit, so I'll be sure to jog Swede's memory sometime before then.

-Thomas Jefferson

Bump, getting buried deep. NOTE: Now scheduled to run in mid-March.
    Last edited by madsenshooter; 12-21-2011 at 12:11 AM.

-Thomas Jefferson

Moderator Emeritus
    Bump!

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

This isn't really a 6mm Rem boolit, correct?

MJ

It would work as such, about as well as any other, if not better. It would probably seat out very well in the long necked 6mm Rem. Want one?

-Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast