RotoMetals2Load DataWidenersSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackboxReloading Everything
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 93 of 128 FirstFirst ... 438384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 2555

Thread: Loading bench pics

Boolit Master

but imitatable, including bulking up the bench for press usage.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Glassman66 View Post
    http://www.theoriginalscrapbox.com/p...he-workbox-2-0

This is not a reloading bench, but it sure looks like it could be!!
    Definitely overpriced, but more importantly, not nearly strong enough for a REAL reloading bench.

Seems Like the more I try to De clutter the worst it gets in a few more days or Weeks.....lol....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ReloadBench1.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	152557

Name:	ReloadBench2.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	152558
    ............(Lông Trắng)............
    (si vis pacem, para bellum)

This is where it happens at my house. Approximate room size is 11' x 14'. Tape measure is some where in there, yep right there hanging above the window in picture #2. I do know where the important stuff is located. The crosscut saws are ones we use for trail cleanups in the wilderness. I have restored and sharpened them to really cut. The deserve to be inside. I don't do much shotgun shooting but have found that the components take up lots of space. I have an antique metal lock box 15" x 15" x 24" filled with bags of shot in the living room that I dare people to pick up. I am kind of worried about the weight on the floor being on a raised foundation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails loading room 001.JPG   loading room 002.JPG   loading room 003.JPG   loading room 004.JPG   loading room 005.jpg  

loading room 006.JPG   desk 001.JPG  

Banned

Posts 1844 and 1845 looking real good there. Thanks for sharing.

Boolit Grand Master

That last one would drive me completely nuts. It looks like some of my former coworkers work vans. I don't know how you guys can work like that. If you know where everything is then more power to you

Boolit Master
    Don't get me wrong ........ I am a confirmed pack rat myself but there comes a time where I had to compartmentalize my Man Cave.

We've begun by building a large cabinent to move large quantities of brass, shot gun hulls etc. out into the larger barn area. It's going to take more of them however ..... LOL!

Best regards and thanks for sharing!

Three 44s

Boolit Master
    I recently bought a Redding Big Boss II to supplement my older single stage press. I didn't really have any room for it on my bench so I decided to build a second reloading space directly behind my old bench. Because the Redding is such a beefy chunk of iron I wanted to create a really sturdy platform for it.

I'm calling this a stand because it isn't easily movable like a real bench. The "legs" go all the way to the joists above and are connected with hurricane ties and deck screws. They are attached to the concrete floor with L brackets and Tapcon screws. The surface is made of sandwiched 2X4s compressed with 1/2" allthread through the uprights. It also has about 100 pounds of cast bullets stacked on top now.

It's pretty sturdy.

NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    That last one would drive me completely nuts . . . I don't know how you guys can work like that.
    i agree that i'd probably fail to get much done in a room like pete501's (#1845) . . .

but boy oh boy who wouldn't LOVE to give it a try?!?!

as much excitement as i thought i had going on in my "safe space", pete's pics make my room look mind-numbingly bland.

guess i gotta get busy!

thanks for sharing.

J the D
    "Sometimes a society becomes too stupid to survive." Mark Steyn

Banned

"The "legs" go all the way to the joists above and are connected with hurricane ties and deck screws. They are attached to the concrete floor with L brackets and Tapcon screws."

That is a great design. Essentially no movement. The Big Boss is rock solid.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jmort View Post
    "The "legs" go all the way to the joists above and are connected with hurricane ties and deck screws. They are attached to the concrete floor with L brackets and Tapcon screws."

That is a great design. Essentially no movement. The Big Boss is rock solid.
    Thanks. I'm eventually going to add at least one layer of shelving above and below the surface. That will add cross bracing and even more mass, because I'm sure I will use it to store boolits.
    NRA Endowment Member

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Elkins45 View Post
    Thanks. I'm eventually going to add at least one layer of shelving above and below the surface. That will add cross bracing and even more mass, because I'm sure I will use it to store boolits.
    If the shelves are attached in the same manner, that will not add any cross bracing. For cross bracing, you need diagonal support elements.

If you are using a single bolt at each attachment point, with proper cross bracing, it will be sturdy even if the bolts are loose. Without proper cross bracing, it will fold in on itself. You are not seeing that in your design because you have attached it to the ceiling and the floor, which hides it inherent structural weakness in the attachment design you are using for the actual shelves / work surfaces.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by pete501 View Post
    This is where it happens at my house. Approximate room size is 11' x 14'. Tape measure is some where in there, yep right there hanging above the window in picture #2. I do know where the important stuff is located. The crosscut saws are ones we use for trail cleanups in the wilderness. I have restored and sharpened them to really cut. The deserve to be inside. I don't do much shotgun shooting but have found that the components take up lots of space. I have an antique metal lock box 15" x 15" x 24" filled with bags of shot in the living room that I dare people to pick up. I am kind of worried about the weight on the floor being on a raised foundation.
    You need to clean up some of the black in that sea of green. I'll take off your hands that ugly looking black contraption on the left in the last pic.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyVet1959 View Post
    If the shelves are attached in the same manner, that will not add any cross bracing. For cross bracing, you need diagonal support elements.

If you are using a single bolt at each attachment point, with proper cross bracing, it will be sturdy even if the bolts are loose. Without proper cross bracing, it will fold in on itself. You are not seeing that in your design because you have attached it to the ceiling and the floor, which hides it inherent structural weakness in the attachment design you are using for the actual shelves / work surfaces.
    How do you keep stuff from sliding off of the diagonal shelves?

Seriously, though I'm going to add OSB sides on the upper part so things don't fall off. Those will effectively serve the same function of preventing racking. I was smart enough to position it directly under the overhead light fixture so it won't get too dark on the back of the shelves in the basement.
    NRA Endowment Member

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyTheDentist View Post
    i agree that i'd probably fail to get much done in a room like pete501's (#1845) . . .

but boy oh boy who wouldn't LOVE to give it a try?!?!
    I wouldn't mind going through it in an estate type situation. I've done it w/ family members before. Unfortunately most of it ends up in the garbage due to poor condition. But that was w/ regular tools. I'm sure if it was reloading tools most of it would come home w/ me

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    I wouldn't mind going through it in an estate type situation. I've done it w/ family members before. Unfortunately most of it ends up in the garbage due to poor condition. But that was w/ regular tools. I'm sure if it was reloading tools most of it would come home w/ me
    Sometimes scrubbing rust doesn't seem to be a chore at all!

Boolit Master

Hey guys, I have an unrelated but related question: Shop layout, specifically corner management. I want to consolidate my metal machines into one corner of the shop. That's a benchtop lathe on a 4' long 2' wide table, and a benchtop mill also on a 4'x2' table (takes up less space than 4' though). I also have a vertical bandsaw (that I don;t have to plan for right now) and two grinders (that I DO). Placement that would work would be to put each machine on a different wall but that would enclose the corner which is kinda where the grinders would go. I could try to cram the machines side by side but they might cramp each other when running through the headstock or running the mill table all the way to the side. Putting one machine on wheels might work, but then I lose stability, is that an issue? Maybe it's an issue that needs to be seen?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Whiterabbit View Post
    Hey guys, I have an unrelated but related question: Shop layout, specifically corner management. I want to consolidate my metal machines into one corner of the shop. That's a benchtop lathe on a 4' long 2' wide table, and a benchtop mill also on a 4'x2' table (takes up less space than 4' though). I also have a vertical bandsaw (that I don;t have to plan for right now) and two grinders (that I DO). Placement that would work would be to put each machine on a different wall but that would enclose the corner which is kinda where the grinders would go. I could try to cram the machines side by side but they might cramp each other when running through the headstock or running the mill table all the way to the side. Putting one machine on wheels might work, but then I lose stability, is that an issue? Maybe it's an issue that needs to be seen?
    Regardless of what you choose, eventually you will encounter a situation where it won't work for you.

Boolit Buddy
    Can't believe I hadn't read this thread before! Some amazing rooms and benches. If I bring my own components can I just load at your guys houses? Please?
    I have a small bench for actual loading, and I move it in from the cold shop to the nice warm game room for the winter. It is small but ergonomically designed. No clutter, just assigned work space. I keep the often used tools and press parts onboard and the remainder of my gear stays on the shop shelves. I have my Star set back to drop boolits through a hole in the deck into a bin underneath. Keeps the handle back as far as possible. In line with the Dillons it doesn't get walked into as often.

Name:	20151106_182434_resized.jpg 
Views:	1154 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	152748

Name:	20151106_182757_resized.jpg 
Views:	1146 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	152749

Name:	20151106_183001_resized.jpg 
Views:	1144 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	152750
    Last edited by therealhitman; 12-25-2015 at 02:33 AM.
    What is best in life?
    1. Crush your enemies
    2. See them driven before you
    3. Hear the lamentations of their women

I have to much crammed into a small space but its all the room I have.
    NRA Life Member

Page 93 of 128 FirstFirst ... 438384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103 ... LastLast