Inline FabricationLoad DataLee PrecisionWideners
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 9 of 128 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Loading bench pics

Wow

Quote Originally Posted by IQ45 View Post
    Chrisx1,
    Wow! Looks like the place where I buy my stuff!
    Regards,
    IQ45
    I totally agree,
    I have seen Gun stores with less stuff.

Looks great!!!

Clint
    FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
    SEMPER FI

If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by chrisx1 View Post
    As for the wooden "reload", I've been meaning to figure out what it is....some sort of dummy practice round, but for what, I don't know. It must have a metal core, because it sure is heavy. Maybe someone knows an appropriate place to ask? Maybe another forum that would know?
    Chris -
    It must be in the Hornady manual !!

Nice shop area. Congrats on the organization.
    Old and Wobbly !!

But it sure beats the other option!

Here's one end of my little piece of heaven....

That's not the whole thing, just some photos I had handy. No internet, no toilet, no 12 pack of Sam Adams, no window to an outdoor range, just peace and quite.
    Old and Wobbly !!

But it sure beats the other option!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TDB9901 View Post
    Don't it make ya' wonder how some of these guys get anything done with so much open space showing??? I haven't seen a bench top in decades.

Ain't you noticed the date on my picture?
    It was done that way so my wife would really believe that I have one.....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Here is my modest set up http://www.texrebel.com/reload.html and yes it is a page from my web site, scroll down and you will find a link to here as well, thank all of you for helping me answer a lot of casting questions, this is a great site
    TexRebel

"A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master, and deserves one."
    Alexander Hamilton

Boolit Buddy

Loading Bench Pics

Gentlemen:

I posted this question elsewhere, but was told I was in the wrong forum - duhhhh! I hate it when I do that!

Thirty years ago, when my wife and kids and I lived way up in the wilderness Alaska Range, I handloaded smokeless powder cartridges for my then .460 Weatherby Magnum. But I barely knew what I was doing, and now I've even forgotten what little I did know.

But I want to get into some really serious black powder cartridge reloading for a Sharps 50/90, and would greatly appreciate it if one of you experts would tell me the name of a book or two which I need to study for this purpose.

Thank you very much!

Gene

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RFWobbly View Post
    Here's one end of my little piece of heaven....

That's not the whole thing, just some photos I had handy. No internet, no toilet, no 12 pack of Sam Adams, no window to an outdoor range, just peace and quite.
    Hey RFW... how do you like that RCBS case machine contraption? I need a few of those RCBS powder stands.

Many excellent benches and reloading rooms shown. Impressive!

One end of my man cave:

Two dovetail slots (middle, left) for swapping presses in and out, with dovetail storagage slots on the top shelf for presses not in use. The Lee Classic Turret is bolted in on the right side.

The laptop, a well travelled Compaq, is on a slide-out keyboard tray. Used for accessing my reloading spreadsheet records, and, of course, finding answers to important reloading and casting questions on this site.

The latest addition is a work-in-progress: A finished round counter, mounted on the front edge of the bench, sitting over one of the poly bins on the front edge of bench. Actuated by pushing a finished round through a trap door, after which it falls into the poly bin below. I'll post some additional pics when it's finished.

Boolit Master

Very, very nice. i can just hear the peaceful sigh as you step in there...(followed by the sudden inspiration to make another addition).

Shops like those shown here are acts of craftsmanship, just like good boolits.

Mark

Boolit Master at Heavens Range

What's with you guys and neatness? How do you expect to find something?

Quote Originally Posted by Junior1942 View Post
    What's with you guys and neatness? How do you expect to find something?
    Took me an hour to clean up the bench for that picture. And another half an hour after the picture to scatter everything about again.

I tend to clean my bench after I load a batch of ammo. Even if its 50 rounds I still seem to have more brass, dies, bullets/boolits, boxes etc etc out than I need. Although my bench is very small compared to what some of you have.
    My firearms project blog

Boolit Bub
    Finally got the bench cleaned up and presentable. My little slice of heaven that is a *** compaired to some of ya'lls

NRA Life & TSRA Life
    Life's Better Outdoors

Don't be so hard on yourself Mr Talley. As long as it gets the job done your good to go. That is a fine set-up sir. At least your casting and reloading.

Boolit Master

Wherever they hire Philosophers & Misanthropes...
    Quote Originally Posted by RFWobbly View Post
    ...That's not the whole thing, just some photos I had handy. No internet, no toilet, no 12 pack of Sam Adams, no window to an outdoor range, just peace and quite.
    Um... where did you get the peace and quiet? I need to buy a case or three....
    A Democrat that owns Guns is like a Vegan that owns Cats...
    C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
    Gott und Gewehr mit uns!...
    Death is only The End if you assume the Story is about You.
    1.618034 Fnord
    מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין - Daniel 5:25-28 - Got 7.62?

Quote Originally Posted by dtalley View Post
    My little slice of heaven that is a *** compaired to some of ya'lls
    I don't think how much you own is all that important. It's what you've learned to do with what you do have that is important. Focus on learning new skills, not just accumulating more stuff.

-ktw

Boolit Buddy

My home away from home

My reloading shack is a 1850's log cabin. Its 2 rooms and 15X17. As you walk in there's the work benches for cleaning and scope mounting and general repair. All the benches fold down to make room for the poker table. Then in the back room is all the loading equipment. Upstairs is for storing wads,hulls, and all the extras for this type of operation. The casting and smelting operation is in the barn. To bad its overcast today to the left of the cabin is the Big Horn Mts. Snow covered and full of elk.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MVC-915S.JPG   MVC-914S.JPG   MVC-912S.JPG   MVC-913S.JPG   MVC-911S.JPG  

What night is poker night ??? Do you play for reloading supplys Ill see your 500 primers and raise you 200 lswc .45
    Ill be as nice as you let me and as mean as you make me, your Choice

Quote Originally Posted by jackley View Post
    My reloading shack is a 1850's log cabin. Its 2 rooms and 15X17. As you walk in there's the work benches for cleaning and scope mounting and general repair. All the benches fold down to make room for the poker table. Then in the back room is all the loading equipment. Upstairs is for storing wads,hulls, and all the extras for this type of operation. The casting and smelting operation is in the barn. To bad its overcast today to the left of the cabin is the Big Horn Mts. Snow covered and full of elk.

jackley you are a lucky man cause that is a little slice of heaven you got there! :-D
    "A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys." ~ Charlton Heston, 1997

Page 9 of 128 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast