Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad Data
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingWideners
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 86 of 128 FirstFirst ... 36767778798081828384858687888990919293949596 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 2555

Thread: Loading bench pics

Boolit Bub
    My compact bench bought from Cabela's on sale and finally set up. It fits the bill for me because I did not have much space available. At least my wife is happy that I've moved reloading out of the kitchen.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141230_170422.jpg 
Views:	341 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	125944

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by rogerstg View Post
    My compact bench bought from Cabela's on sale and finally set up. It fits the bill for me because I did not have much space available. At least my wife is happy that I've moved reloading out of the kitchen.

Very nice! Everything right at your fingertips. It looks like you're pretty well stocked up on brass too!
    So many guns, so little time

You must pay for everything in this life - nothing is free, except for the grace of God.

"Free cheese only comes in a mousetrap"

Boolit Master

Loading bench pics

Here is mine, a work in progress. I still need to do some staining, trim and flooring. This room is 8'-0"x12'-0" inside. The workbench is 1-1/2" quarter sawn white oak biscuited and glued, screw holes plugged with mahogany plugs.

Very Nice Labradigger1. Wish my woodworking skills went beyond nailing 2 boards together.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerstg View Post

I bought a similar bench at my local Bi-Mart for $80. It looks exactly like that except it has 2 drawers. The display bench that was set up at the store wobbled, so I thought I was going to have to fasten it to the wall to stabilize it. When I assembled mine and put it in it's final position, there was absolutely no wobble. I could not get it to move except to scoot it. After I mounted my press and loaded all the supplies on it, it really became solid. Best $80 I spent on a workbench. Stack On is the brand name.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by VHoward View Post
    Very Nice Labradigger1. Wish my woodworking skills went beyond nailing 2 boards together.
    Sounds like you have even more skills than the workers who framed my house. If you want to see the quality of workmanship that went into your house, don't look at the finished walls, look in the attic. That is where the attention to detail shows. Are nails sticking out all over everywhere? Are the cross braces between the rafters level? Is the ductwork laid out in an orderly fashion or does it feel like a limbo competition just to move through the attic? Is the electrical and phone wiring organized or does it just go randomly throughout the attic trying to either strangle or trip you?

Just got down from my attic and was impaled by some framing nails that the idiot builders left sticking out and I'm a bit pissed. No pride in workmanship these days.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyVet1959 View Post
    Sounds like you have even more skills than the workers who framed my house. If you want to see the quality of workmanship that went into your house, don't look at the finished walls, look in the attic. That is where the attention to detail shows. Are nails sticking out all over everywhere? Are the cross braces between the rafters level? Is the ductwork laid out in an orderly fashion or does it feel like a limbo competition just to move through the attic? Is the electrical and phone wiring organized or does it just go randomly throughout the attic trying to either strangle or trip you?

Just got down from my attic and was impaled by some framing nails that the idiot builders left sticking out and I'm a bit pissed. No pride in workmanship these days.
    Navyvet, I built my own home 15 years ago, I take a lot of pride in my work. No ductwork in my home. Heat with wood and home is insulated with 22" in the attic, r19 in the walls and r38 in the floors. It usually stays cool inside the home. I am a carpenter by trade and have always worked with wood and metal lathe work.
    Lab

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by labradigger1 View Post
    Navyvet, I built my own home 15 years ago, I take a lot of pride in my work. No ductwork in my home. Heat with wood and home is insulated with 22" in the attic, r19 in the walls and r38 in the floors. It usually stays cool inside the home. I am a carpenter by trade and have always worked with wood and metal lathe work.
    Actually, I was commenting about *VHoward's* skills (i.e. being able to nail two boards together) being better than the idiots who built my house. Difficult to type with a nail hole in the hand though. It's bad enough that the roof decking is so thin that the roofing nails go through the decking and impale your head if you are up there, but why in the world you you have large framing nails sticking out of the boards all over everywhere? I probably should just get off my *** and take an air cutoff tool up there and spend the day cutting all the nails that are sticking out.

Boolit Buddy

My home built Dillon toolhead stand.

Holds 8 toolheads and only cost me about $12 to build. That's about $150 savings from the Dillon price.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1421801397272.jpg  

Name:	bench2.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	128130Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bench 1.jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	128129

Quote Originally Posted by NavyVet1959 View Post
    .. I probably should just get off my *** and take an air cutoff tool up there and spend the day cutting all the nails that are sticking out.
    This is one of my favorite threads and always come back to check new things out.
    NavyVet, I've known of quite a few structures catching fire from thrown sparks etc. (I'm in the trades) that'll smolder for a long time and then catch.
    I'm very leery of throwing sparks, especially up in an attic. To fix those pesky nails, I'd not grind them, I'd use some good end nippers. If they're 16 penny you'll probably want some with like 8"+ handles or so just to make the chore easy. They work like a charm.

Name:	409-D232-8.eps.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	7.7 KB 
ID:	128156
    Sent from my computer using my fingers.

Boolit Buddy
    What Certaindeaf said, out in a shop it's not that bad, down here with humidity anyway. Up in the attic it's bone dry and often pretty warm too boot.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by rhino2700 View Post

Name:	bench2.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	128130Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bench 1.jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	128129
    Awesome bench and first post. Welcome to the forum.

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Irag: 91,03,04,05,06,08,09',15', 16',22-23'
    Afghanistan: 09,10,11',14',17'-21'

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Certaindeaf View Post
    This is one of my favorite threads and always come back to check new things out.
    NavyVet, I've known of quite a few structures catching fire from thrown sparks etc. (I'm in the trades) that'll smolder for a long time and then catch.
    I'm very leery of throwing sparks, especially up in an attic. To fix those pesky nails, I'd not grind them, I'd use some good end nippers. If they're 16 penny you'll probably want some with like 8"+ handles or so just to make the chore easy. They work like a charm.
    Thanks for the suggestion... I have an electric angle grinder, but I was hesitant to use it since the blade is so thick that it would put out so much more sparks than the thinner bladed air cutoff tool. Probably worth buying an end nipper just to keep from having to run a bunch of air hoses from the garage to the attic.

I went from this

to a little moving around and added a desk to this

after moving the desk which belong to my wife's Grandad we found these little jewels under the bottom right drawer!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 39duck View Post
    I went from this

to a little moving around and added a desk to this

after moving the desk which belong to my wife's Grandad we found these little jewels under the bottom right drawer!
    Nice! Love the little surprises, like this big Akro bins too, they are very handy.
    Lab
    Last edited by labradigger1; 01-23-2015 at 07:09 AM.

They are both old H&R's and Im guessing worth basically nothing but to find those put a great big smile on my face. He was a WW2 vet and died about 5 years ago, knew him longer than I knew my own grandparents!

I am stuck at home on crutches with busted knee so I took some new pics today. I have re-arranged presses and benches in the reloading shop in order to mount 2 Dillon 550s side by side. There is an RCBS JR, 2 550s, Lyman Turret, RCBS bench primer and Herter's #3 on the left hand bench. Above end window are several shotgun presses, 12 ga Texan sizer, Texan turret, Hollywood SR, and PW. These are bolted to solid wood bases and used on the bench to the right with clamps when used. There are 2 Texan shotgun presses that do not show up in any picture. You can also see the casting bench with 2 lube sizers--bench with aluminum top. There is still a 9 x 36 lathe in the corner that will probably get moved to the adjacent shop when I get I bunch of young bucks over to move it to door where I can get to it with forks on skid loader or backhoe. I do have one bench grinder on movable base and a combination buffer, wire wheel motor on another portable base, as well as a floor drill press. I use a roll about cart to put brass, bullets ect on when working on either bench. The white cabinet next to the casting setup is a home built tool cabinet with 8 drawers to store molds and milling cutters right now. Strange thing is I built a bench in the back right corner that has nothing on it right now. Do no worry, a vacume is soon filled.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rl-1.JPG   rl-2.JPG   rl-3.JPG   rl-4.JPG   rl-5.JPG  

"A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does,he needs it very badly!" Sir Winston Churchill

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by bear67 View Post
    i am stuck at home on crutches with busted knee so i took some new pics today. I have re-arranged presses and benches in the reloading shop in order to mount 2 dillon 550s side by side. There is an rcbs jr, 2 550s, lyman turret, rcbs bench primer and herter's #3 on the left hand bench. Above end window are several shotgun presses, 12 ga texan sizer, texan turret, hollywood sr, and pw. These are bolted to solid wood bases and used on the bench to the right with clamps when used. There are 2 texan shotgun presses that do not show up in any picture. You can also see the casting bench with 2 lube sizers--bench with aluminum top. There is still a 9 x 36 lathe in the corner that will probably get moved to the adjacent shop when i get i bunch of young bucks over to move it to door where i can get to it with forks on skid loader or backhoe. I do have one bench grinder on movable base and a combination buffer, wire wheel motor on another portable base, as well as a floor drill press. I use a roll about cart to put brass, bullets ect on when working on either bench. The white cabinet next to the casting setup is a home built tool cabinet with 8 drawers to store molds and milling cutters right now. Strange thing is i built a bench in the back right corner that has nothing on it right now. Do no worry, a vacume is soon filled.
    very nice

Quote Originally Posted by enloe View Post
    very nice
    Nice indeed.

Page 86 of 128 FirstFirst ... 36767778798081828384858687888990919293949596 ... LastLast