MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingWidenersTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2RepackboxLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Load Data Inline Fabrication
Page 7 of 128 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Loading bench pics

Banned

You're a genious F n' H. That's what I need in my life right about now...

Boolit Master

Some good rooms and ideas. Maybe this winter I'll get a start on some organizing but the real problem is that it takes too much time away from the real fun of loading.

There are some fantastic bench pictures at http://accuratereloading.com/

They also have a funny video of a really big gun on youtube this is a must see if you haven't yet.

http://youtube.com/results?search_qu...&search=Search

Here's mine

tom

Banned

My bench is getting way overgrown but you got me beat..

Thanks for making me feel a little better.

Boolit Master

Here's my man cave

This sits in a locking room in my basement. The RCBS Ammomaster Auto is the only thing permanently mounted, as it does 90% of my reloading. Just behind that, mounted on the wall at eye level, is the covered shelf that holds my loading scale. The bench top is made from 4 layers of plywood. The next shot:

shows the two removable "insert boards" that are like inverted "T"s in the bench face. All of my other goodies (The Rockchucker/Piggyback press, the Orange Crusher single stage, shotshell presses, trimer, lubesizers, etc. are all mounted to these. They are installed /removed as needed. BTW, I stole that idea from Wiley Clapp in an old article he wrote for some book back in the 80s. In fact, I built this bench in 1988 right after I graduated from undergrad school. The shelves below are filled with shot and bullets, so this bench ain't going anywhere. This final shot

shows some of the storage that is behind me as I sit at the bench. The large black cabinet has all of my powder and primers (divided compartments.) On top are my various shotshell loaders, mounted on those insert boards, and the shelves below are filled mostly with empty shotshell hulls. The gun safe would be to the right, just out of the photo, and a cabinet to the right of that holds all of my loaded ammo. There is a shelf unit at the far left end of the loading bench, also out of view of the picture, where I store empty boxes, wads, and misc stuff. I will try to add another picture later. And of course, just above the three drawer tool box is the single most important item in any reloading room; the Dillon calendar.

Here is another picture I just added, this time of the left end of the bench.

A 20 ga shotshell press is installed in one of the insert slots. You can see the storage shelf at the end in the corner. My other 2 metallic presses are stored C clamped to that end of the bench (behind the red tool box.) They are a Rockchucker/Piggyback, and a Lyman Orange Crusher. When I need them I have an insert board with holes drilled in it, and there are holes right thru the bottom of the bench. Two carriage bolts go all the way thru and I'm in business. Also, the all important Dillon calendar, with 2008 on deck and ready to go!
    Last edited by Patrick L; 12-31-2007 at 01:14 AM.

Boolit Master

Recognized the Wiley Clapp trick right off. How does it work?

Boolit Master

It works great! On low stress tools like the shotshell presses or a case trimmer the insert is plenty strong enough, so those tools are permanently mounted to inserts. When I mount a metallic press I use an insert board with holes that mate with holes in the bottom two layers of the bench and pass a pair of 4 inch bolts all the way thru, in effect bolting the press down like a permanent installation. Of course, the blank inserts cover the holes up when the press is removed and stored.

Banned

Hmmm... that looks an awful lot like a RCBS microphone base setting on the bench shelf....

Boolit Master

It is a microphone base (don't know what make.) I "liberated" it and most of the telescoping vertical tube part from the trash at work. I was toying with the idea of jury-rigging a spotting scope stand out of it. That base is solid cast iron and should be heavy enough.

Yet another project for a crowded back burner!

Banned

I've still got a few of those laying around exactly like that one. Very prominent in the 70's.

They do make good bases. Just remembered those are the "Atlas" brand. My lord those were some old brain cells churned up..

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

this should be a sticky

Here's my bench from a few years ago. I had just upgraded to it after salvaging some cabinets and a counter top from my folks house from when they remodeled their kitchen. I'm in the process of adding casting equipment now.

Hello all,
    Long time lurker here. I unlurked/introduced myself last week with this post .

It's been interesting watching this loading bench thread grow the past few months. I don't have anything to contribute to the forum in the casting arena yet. Thought I could do my part and add some color to this thread.

Biggest challenge with this setup is keeping folks from hanging damp laundry on my presses. Maybe time to get some covers sewn up.

Hopefully, I've got this embedded image drill figured out...

cheers,
    dw
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bench rightview.jpg   bench leftview.jpg  

Boolit Master
    Edmond, Oklahoma - that's N. of the Red River
    Cudos on the tractor seat. I love em.

Dave

Wish I had a tractor to put under it.

That seat was a gift from my wife -- first time she's acknowledged my shooting or reloading anyway in the affirmative.

Living with a German builds character.

Boolit Master SPRINGFIELDM141972's Avatar
    Living with the Germans didn't help the French build much character

Regards
    Everett

Boolit Master

The French building character is a contradiction in terms.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Actually, that wisecrack was on a T-shirt I saw at an Oktoberfest. My son and I about fell over laughing. My wife/his mother is a wonderful woman and we are blessed by her -- but she is DEFINITELY German in both ancestry and in disposition.

But never one to pass up a straight line:
    I'd say the character of the French Underground was commendable. Look what's come of them since Jerry went home.

on a more serious note, maybe the Underground is still there -- underground, reloading, casting and thinking about when/where/how to deal with rioting, carburning youths of jihadi persuasion.

We can only hope...

Boolit Man

bench pic

my hideout
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture_016.jpg  

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by joejr View Post
    my hideout
    Now I like that setup. Load bench, computer, looks like your bed's right there even.

It's got all the makings of a serious Castbooliteer..

Page 7 of 128 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast