Snyders JerkyRepackboxTitan ReloadingLee Precision
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Load Data Wideners
Page 52 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 2555

Thread: Loading bench pics

Boolit Buddy
    My new bench is portable. I haven't gotten to load with it yet, but next weekend, I've got plans to load right at the bench. It is still undergoing some improvements, but I'll prob post up a later pic if anyone is interested.

kappy

looks a little like how i started haha

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Net_Ranger101 View Post
    kappy

looks a little like how i started haha
    I hope that's a good thing?

Boolit Bub
    Reloading is a hobby that will grow on you!LOL. Most people wind up with LOT's of toys.I know!

In Remembrance

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by kappy View Post
    I hope that's a good thing?
    It's BETTER than how I started.

I had a RC and Uniflow, some no-brand Ohaus scale type set up, a trickler, a few loading blocks and the powder measure and Rock Chucker were bolted down on this old, flimsy Goodwill coffee table. I had to put weights from my workout bench on the edges of the coffee table to keep it from rocking (too bad) when I was sizing and seating rounds.

BUT. . . it was mine and I was making ammunition with it, and that's all that mattered!

Your setup is slick and I really admire the ingenuity and craftsmanship of your portable bench and storage area. VERY good job and well done!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Recluse View Post
    Your setup is slick and I really admire the ingenuity and craftsmanship of your portable bench and storage area. VERY good job and well done!

Well, thanks!

kappy
    i think the trick is to get buy with what you can afford.
    my fist press was given to me still using it to this day
    your off to a good start

Boolit Buddy
    I should perhaps make it clear that this isn't my first press... I'm not sure where the idea came from... must be a misunderstanding. This is just my first portable press. My garage bench has two progressives and one REALLY OLD RCBS Rockchucker.

Boolit Master

I should perhaps make it clear that this isn't my first press... I'm not sure where the idea came from... must be a misunderstanding. This is just my first portable press. My garage bench has two progressives and one REALLY OLD RCBS Rockchucker.
    Probably because it looks like you have it in front of a living room chair and it appears to be about coffee table size. Maybe people just assumed that you created a reloading bench coffee table for reloading while watching TV? At least that is what *I* assumed from the photo...
    Live fast, die young, leave a cute widow...

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by grumman581 View Post
    Probably because it looks like you have it in front of a living room chair and it appears to be about coffee table size. Maybe people just assumed that you created a reloading bench coffee table for reloading while watching TV? At least that is what *I* assumed from the photo...
    AHA! That makes sense. I wonder if the wife would mind if I reloaded in the living room? I mean... it looks like I might be able to do it cleanly enough.

Of course, I can see my cats eating the powder or something.

Boolit Master

AHA! That makes sense. I wonder if the wife would mind if I reloaded in the living room? I mean... it looks like I might be able to do it cleanly enough.
    Some people have concerns with powder or primers going through vacuum machines... I prefer to reload on more solid type surfaces (tile, stone, wood, etc) instead of carpet...

Of course, I can see my cats eating the powder or something.
    Not being a cat person, I don't see a problem with that... Maybe if you put a bowl of antifreeze out for them, they will leave your powder alone? [evil-grin]

Boolit Buddy

My new reloading bench

So looking through the photos of others benches, and getting my priority straight (limited my number of hobbies to focus on the ones that I have done for most of my life). Decided I would shoot more if I had a dedicated place to reload.

I also bought a new Hornady AP, so that will get used. It is 38" off the floor which, even though I am only 5'8", seems to work for me. I spend most of my time working sitting at a computer and decided I need to spend more time standing doing something.

There is hidden a 3' flourescent lamp under the top lip, to provide light as I work.

It uses 2x8 with three holes drilled in them, to hold the presses, and there is three holes drilled in the top which match the holes in the 2x8.

The top edge has a lip that holds them in place for storage (bottom photo, taken BEFORE I mount it no anti-gravity in effect) along with putting bolt in one of the holes, keeps it secure. Used my Kreg Jig for the first time and can say that made it a lot easier to put this together.

Anyway here are some pictures

Now to get all my dies and other items onto the bench (that is why it looks so clean . . . for now! )

Boolit Buddy
    archmaker: That's thinking outside of the box. Well done.

Isaac.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by grumman581 View Post
    Some people have concerns with powder or primers going through vacuum machines... I prefer to reload on more solid type surfaces (tile, stone, wood, etc) instead of carpet...

Not being a cat person, I don't see a problem with that... Maybe if you put a bowl of antifreeze out for them, they will leave your powder alone? [evil-grin]
    Nah. The cat also plays fetch, farts, snores, etc. It's pretty much a dog, just smarter.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bowhunter View Post

Looks like you have a pretty good assortment of powder... I usually buy it in 8 lb kegs, so I don't have anywhere close to that nice of a powder assortment on hand...

Last edited by bowhunter; 02-06-2012 at 03:10 PM.

well this is my little setup, along with gunsmith bench and star lube sizer.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bowhunter View Post
    well this is my little setup, along with gunsmith bench and star lube sizer.
    Nice little workshop you have there... What size is it?

thank's it is a 12x20

Banned

Bowhunter, I see you have the requisite antique cardboard can of Hercules 2400 in there, no powder magazine is complete without it! Well, that and a steel can of IMR 3031.

Gear

Page 52 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102 ... LastLast