Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyLoad DataReloading EverythingRepackbox
Wideners RotoMetals2
Page 45 of 128 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595 ... LastLast

Thread: Loading bench pics

Quote Originally Posted by Trey45 View Post
    Ya'll can start a car picture thread down in off topic if you guys want, this thread is for loading bench pctures. I'm digging the car pictures, but not everyone is (yes, we actually got a complaint).
    I started it. My bad!

I'm gonna start a car thread...and then post loading bench photos there! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Smile

The pictures are a pleasure. No complaints here.

From my younger days, I kept my best gal, the best of my tools, best of my guns, and fond memories of tracking racing street legal,
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
    --Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Buddy
    Here is a couple angles

Longwood
    Quote Originally Posted by beanflip View Post
    After the reloading on the bench this is used to haul the guns and ammo to the shooting range.
    I like how you did the powder measures. It would be possible to mount three on one stand.
    One for 4895, one for WC860 and one for Cream of Wheat.

Longwood
    Quote Originally Posted by beanflip View Post
    After the reloading on the bench this is used to haul the guns and ammo to the shooting range.
    Did you shoot that Ity Bity deer with that Ity Bity rifle?

Boolit Mold

Boolit Master

The presses are where I want them, and the shelves are filled with all-manner of reloading books.

Left side of bench:

Right side of bench:

Next came organizing the bits.

The drop tubes for my Quick-Measure and B&M powder measures went on one board, while the Quick-Measure powder funnels and attachments, as well as my RCBS collet bullet puller went on a teacup rack:

I still have to organize my Dillon primer tubes. I need a 1x4 board for that.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

Boolit Master

Happy fourth of july!

Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

rebuilt (i placed this in a nother thread too)
    my son helping me decapp/resize on the old bench

2x4 basics package

All set - 3/4"MDF reinforce underneath with a 2x6 plank under the presses for added strength
    The light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by perimedik View Post
    I saw that particular workbench leg kit on the NorthernTool site for sale.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...6224_200226224

Interestingly, their official photo for it is one of its use as a reloading bench...

It looked good, but I just wasn't so sure about the strength of it since it uses resin (plastic) legs. I've built similar design workbench tables and built L-shaped legs made out of a 2x4 and a 2x6 connected along their length with glue and lag bolts. This is very sturdy, but sticks out a bit more than I suspect that the plastic legs do -- basically a 3x6 table top would take 3'3"x6'3".

Another design that I've done is to use a 4x4 for the legs and build the 2x4 table top supports on the outside of the legs. This requires you to cut out the portion of the table top that overlaps the 4x4 legs, so it's a lot more work, plus you need to put some support pieces under the table top around the inside sections of the 4x4s due to the weakening of the cutouts. It works ok, but it's not a design that I use anymore.

I think that the next time that I create a workbench like this, I'll use some 6"x6" angle iron for the legs and then weld some 1.5" angle iron for shelf supports on the inside of the legs. Basically creating the legs from the kit that you bought, but in 1/8" thick steel. A bit more trouble than the kit that you bought, but something that I would not be concerned in the least about its weight capacity.

Anything worth engineering is worth OVER-engineering...
    Live fast, die young, leave a cute widow...

The Kit is a good kit. It works well and suits my needs. Did a bunch or research before buying. It is pretty sturdy. More than I thought it would be. Should last me a very very long time. Easily adjustablr/expandable too.
    The light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash

Boolit Master

Plastic don't mean weak, not anymore. Pretty sure they're making guns out of it nowadays . . .

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Catshooter View Post
    Plastic don't mean weak, not anymore. Pretty sure they're making guns out of it nowadays . . .
    Not for any structurally significant portion of it... When they make the barrels of a .50 BMG out of it, *then* I'll trust it...
    Live fast, die young, leave a cute widow...

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by grumman581 View Post
    Not for any structurally significant portion of it... When they make the barrels of a .50 BMG out of it, *then* I'll trust it...
    Yea, that day may be awhile comin' . . .

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Here's my take on the portable reloading bench plans based off of a B&D Workmate:

IM READY TO GO!!!

BoomerShooter.com
    Oklahoma's Premier site for Competition,
    Tactical Training, and Firearm discussion.

www.BoomerShooter.com

USPSA - A69309

Perimediks workbench is also on sale at "The Sportsmans Guide". I ordered one for myself as I have outgrown my Craftsman workbench. I have started casting my own Boolits, so need more space.

Quote Originally Posted by perimedik View Post
    my son helping me decapp/resize on the old bench

2x4 basics package

All set - 3/4"MDF reinforce underneath with a 2x6 plank under the presses for added strength
    NRA Life Member
    NAHC Life Member

And when the Persian said their arrows would "block out the sun" The Spartans said "Then we will have our battle in the shade!"

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by cardonasharp View Post

its not pink
    new reloading room is now down stairs. no more pink walls they are blue now. when I remember how to down load pics I will

Quote Originally Posted by quietmike View Post
    Here's mine.

I'm guessing that you store your powder in the cabinet marked "Flammable" ? I see a lot of pics here with powder and primers right next to each other. Mine are apart and the powder is in a locking metal cabinet with a "Danger-Explosives Inside" sticker. This was after a visit from my insurance agent to check the installation of my wood stove. He noticed all the reloading equipment in my room downstairs where the stove was located. I didn't have to pay more for my policy,but he said it had to be stored and marked in case of an accident or fire.
    My new place has propane heat so he didn't even come in the house. And now my reloading room is out in my 30x40 shop. I added a sticker to my gun safe also just to be safe as I store ammo inside it too.
    NRA Life Member
    NAHC Life Member

And when the Persian said their arrows would "block out the sun" The Spartans said "Then we will have our battle in the shade!"

Boolit Mold
    Here is my little bench

Page 45 of 128 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595 ... LastLast