Lee PrecisionInline FabricationLoad DataRepackbox
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Wideners
Page 3 of 128 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Loading bench pics

One of my reloading tables...

hotguns is that one of midways lube heaters under your sizer. if it is that screw on top does that adjust the heat on it. ive had one for a couple of years with my casting junk and never used it. i got it out the other day and hooked my sizer to it, it got real hot. (i lost the paper work to it).

Cast Boolits Owner

On my midway lube heater the screw adjust the heat level.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by stumpjumper View Post
    hotguns is that one of midways lube heaters under your sizer. if it is that screw on top does that adjust the heat on it. ive had one for a couple of years with my casting junk and never used it. i got it out the other day and hooked my sizer to it, it got real hot. (i lost the paper work to it).
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master
    My Midway heater doesn't have any adjustment screw on top but mine is only the flat unit that fits under the luber. Perhaps they sold several different styles?

Yes sir it is.
    Its fairly sensitive too.

I had it turned up all the way for some Thompson Blue Angle and it worked great. I got some other red stuff off of ebay that had a lower tempature and the tempature was hot enough that it basically liquified it and it made a heck of a mess. I tuned it all the way down and then up just a hair and now it is perfect for that lube.

If you dont have a tempature adjustment on it, I could see where it might be too hot for one lube or too cold for another.

After doing some informal testing with hot lubed bullets vs. regular lubed bullets, I became a big beleiver in using the hot lubes. They stay on better and the lube is hard enough after it cools that it dosent collect grit or grime. Seems to work better too.

hotguns clockwise turn it up and counter clockwise turn it down. thanks

Stumpjumper...Im not sure.

I think that its the other way around...but I wouldnt bet on it.

thank you anyway i guess ill figure it out the hard way

Boolit Mold
    My reloading bench with my boolit sizer. I spend many happy hours here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Bench.jpg  

I guess I have the same kind of organization as most, looks as if a grenade went off , I actually did have a weird exper ience I reached down to get something under the bench and out came a huge black snake, I had the bilko door open to the basement and I guess he came down looking for a critter. I had to check my underwear after that one . Now I always look before reaching and also do not open that door for long .

Boolit Mold

clean bench

Hotgun; You probably heard it before, a clean neat bench is a sign of a sick mind

In Remembrance
    Like some others have mentioned, I also took a lot of time to clean up my loading area enough to feel somewhat good about posting photos. We have an old smaller house and I'm lucky my wife is OK with this. Emery

NRA Life
    NMLRA Life
    F&AM

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range jawjaboy's Avatar
    My humble little nook!

Boolit Master

jawjaboy, your humble little nook brings tears to my eyes (see above post).Welcome to the site. A lot of very decent folk here...Ray
    Proud member in the basket of deplorables.

I've got the itch, but don't got the scratch.

When I posted my pics I never thought I'd get to see so many other peoples benches. I've got so many new ideas for expanding my setup now....My wife's gonna kill me! haha
    Thanks Guys for the creative ideas! I hope this thread continues!
    I only hope that someday I can be half the Man that my Dogs already think I am!

Load bench...

I've had this load bench for quite a long while now. It's 3" wide 2 by lumber...5' long and 24 " wide. I glued the 3" boards together and planed them flat....added formica on top and put trim around it to keep things from rolling off.(ya the bench is 3" thick) The legs are strut used in construction with flanges up and down, so I could fasten the whole thing to the floor. A shelf below is 1.5" thick to store boolits. I added two 3/4" plates on top, drilled and tapped for any and all reload equipment I have, so that I could mount stuff at either end of the bench. The shelf unit at back of bench, I made, to accommadate primers and other small items and parts. I have another bench opposite this one that has 2 shotshell presses set up...one for 12 and one for 20 ga., made from a solid core door from a school/hospital...very sturdy with strut for legs. All this resides in one corner of my garage. Once I finish the walls and add a door, I can have a/c and heat and will be able to use it year round....always a work in progress it seems...
    boB...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails formore45s.jpg   relbnch1.jpg  
    Last edited by vmt_hntr; 02-16-2007 at 07:18 PM. Reason: add thumbnail
    When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.
    Life Member NRA
    VHA #26779
    NRA Certified Metallic and shotshell Reloading Instr.
    NRA and 4-H Beginning Shotgun Instr.

Boolit Buddy
    Not trying to hijack this old post, but I need some help. I reload out in the shed out back of the house,which is usually cold and draughty. Wife not a great fan of shooting clutter. Daughter started shooting recently and now suddenly its politically OK to bring pistols and reloading jobs into the house!! So, to push the envelope a little more, I would like to know if anyone out there has a fold-out reloading seat cum table that I could set-up quickly for reloading in the warmth of the house. I envisage something that I can simply clamp a press or lube sizer or case trimmer onto the small table using my body weight as the counter to the press leverage. I know I saw a plan some years ago from some guy living in a small apartment who whelled ir out of the closet everytime he needed to reload.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Cheers, Peter.

I use a Black and Decker Workmate with a larger piece of wood bolted to the top. I have two Square deals that I use. The table top will hold a scale, bullets, a pail of brass, a Square Deal and a few other things. I then move it out of the way when it is not in use.

The top is about the size of the footprint of the legs. It works very well. I keep the componets in another area and just bring out what I need for the project at hand. I have a lot of room in my garage, but this keeps me in the A/C and it also puts me in close contact with the wife so we can do life together.

Crabo

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by crabo View Post
    I use a Black and Decker Workmate with a larger piece of wood bolted to the top. I have two Square deals that I use. The table top will hold a scale, bullets, a pail of brass, a Square Deal and a few other things. I then move it out of the way when it is not in use.

The top is about the size of the footprint of the legs. It works very well. I keep the componets in another area and just bring out what I need for the project at hand. I have a lot of room in my garage, but this keeps me in the A/C and it also puts me in close contact with the wife so we can do life together.

Crabo
    Crabo, Doesn't the workmate tip when you use your press? Have one of those but dismissed the idea as I assume the bench will tip if a load goes on the press. Peter.

In Remebrance

That apartment style setup may have been in Maj George Nonte's Reloading book, one of the NRA reloading books or maybe in Monte Burch's book called "The HAndy Sportsman" or "The Sportsmans Workshop", something like that. Thinking on it I'm pretty sure it was The NRA book. I've seen the set up, or something similar, several times through the years.

Page 3 of 128 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast