WidenersSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Repackbox
Page 21 of 128 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Loading bench pics

Arrow Absolutely no holes in my reloading bench top

I am a no holes person as far as the my reloading bench or work benchs goes. It took a few months to figure this reloading bench out so there are absolutly no holes to be drilled to mount my press.

I did some swappin with Gussy to get some bowling alley for the bench surface. This reloading bench took me about 3 months to make you know a few hours here and a few hours there. Still with the "no holes" that I wanted and many sleepless nites of wondering how to do this with out HOLES and the cost of trying not to spend an arm and leg.

At the start of building this bench I thought I could build this under $100.00 boy was I wrong!! The bench top was a lot of work and $$$$ to get it look like it is now. It has been planed, glued, sanded on top and bottom and 3 lenghts of all thread holding 2 pieces of about 12 inch wide by 48 inches long alley together.

Well here it is and in the work surface and a press is mounted at the corner of the bench. After all the items are off the bench it comes apart in 3 pieces (in about 10 minutes) for ease moving up or down stairs.

The extra clamp on wood press stand helps with the help of not having to swap dies all the time.

Sorry for the red rag my mounting system is in the works for a patent ..... hopes are high.

Notice the yellow haired troll hanging from the light its to keep the reloading gremlins away and doing bad things like seating a primers upside down or something not working right.

Hey you guys and gals show us your pics of your reloading benches.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1292.jpg   IMG_1296.jpg   IMG_1297.jpg   IMG_1298.jpg  
    Last edited by beanflip; 11-01-2009 at 03:41 PM. Reason: opps
    I SHOOT MORE FOR LESS

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible,With Liberty and Justice for all.

Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid."
    -John Wayne

GAS--> $1.55--1-18-09

Boolit Grand Master

beanflip;
    Quite the nice set up.

Congratulations on a well thought out and well done project.

Dale53

Boolit Mold
    targetshootr
    Now I could feel at Home there, My little shared room gets rather cramped also.
    Best wishes
    Rugg_Ed
    Last edited by Rugg_Ed; 11-03-2009 at 12:08 PM. Reason: lost word
    The "Second Amendment" . . . AMERICA 'S ORIGINAL HOMELAND SECURITY!
    Going to the POLLS ! Smile on my Face,
    HIT list in my Hand, RETALIATION on my Mind!

Boolit Mold

New benches

Things were getting slow in here, so I thought I would post a couple pics of new benches, old setup is a few pages back. Need to add a progressive press yet. Probably the Hornady.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SSCN0003[1].jpg   SSCN0004[2].jpg  

Boolit Grand Master

Rifleman;
    Nice work!

Dale53

Really nice looking set up KTW. Right now I have to cast and load out on the screened in back porch........Colder that hell out there. Going to have to be real nice to the little women...maybe I can set-up in the spare bedroom. And cast out on the porch. Hmmmm.
    ooooooow! I hate earth wobble...

Boolit Bub
    My two newest additions:

Boolit Grand Master

I have had the original Dillon large vibratory tumbler and the media separator for many, many years. It is the best, bar none!

Dale53

Well I had the kid take a couple of pics as I don't have a camera. They didn't come out great, I apologize for the fuzziness. I had one corner of my garage to use so external dimensions are 6'x10' and the finished size is dimensionally smaller. "Cozy" quarters and I was grousing about how much room I had at my last house where I was set up but I realized in unpacking things that I had a bunch of junk and stuff I didn't need. So this has made me efficient. All my casting gear is in the garage since it doesn't need to be kept warm.

Nice stash Reverend....................Creeker

Boolit Bub
    What size are the akro bins in the background of the first pic?

I'm a total newby to this forum...but I've been reloading for over 15 years.

Here's my office reloading bench.

In Christ: Raymond

I'm working on some better pics of the reloading setup.

The akro bins in the first pic are from Dillon and they are the second largest bins they sell.

I use old coffee cans from most of my brass as is shown in the picture of the shelves. However I think I'm going to start investing in akro bins and cutting down on the varieties of brass I keep in the reloading room as it is so small. I have quite a bit of storage in the over-sized garage that this all sits in so I'm thinking I would have more room for powder and bullets and such if I cut down on brass I keep readily available.

Raymond, I like the setup. The box underneath the shotgun reloader for an ammo drop is genius.

However, I see Raymond and others have no single stage press evident. No way I could live without mine.

In fact I'm replacing my trusty old Herters 2-hole press with a C-H three hole "H" press. The Herters will be relegated to bullet swaging on a bench in the garage once I am able to swing the $ for dies.

Boolit Grand Master

The Akro bins are often available from the big box home supply stores (Home Depot and Lowes).

Here is the Akro home page:

http://www.akro-mils.com/industrial/...splay.asp?ID=3

FWIW
    Dale53

Boolit Master

MSC and Enco also carry them if you happen to be ordering from them. Harbor freight also carries an off brand bin...Ray
    Proud member in the basket of deplorables.

I've got the itch, but don't got the scratch.

Wink

Here are a couple pictures of my reloading room . Not as tidy as some I see here on this thread but I know where everthing is located.

RR
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01177.jpg   DSC01178.jpg   DSC01180.jpg   DSC01181.jpg  
    PRACTICE DOES NOT MAKE PERFECT !!! PERFECT PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT !!!!!!
    HOME OF THE 500 MAGNUM TYRANNOSAURUS THUMPER'S.........

USS SARATOGA CV-60

Boolit Master

Mighty nice primer stash RR...Ray
    Proud member in the basket of deplorables.

I've got the itch, but don't got the scratch.

My mancave.....built this in a corner of my barn. This was shortly after I finished it about 5 years ago. I've added a couple more machines to the bench and a ton more clutter. Maybe when I finish a few projects I'll snap some new pictures.

Bench

Ammo and brass storage

Out Practicing
    “I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.”
    ― Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged.

Raymond, I like the setup. The box underneath the shotgun reloader for an ammo drop is genius. However, I see Raymond and others have no single stage press evident. No way I could live without mine.

Thanks, Dan.

I am currently reloading "en mass" for 10mm, .45 ACP, .223, and shotshell. (For over 15 years). I am still pretty new at reloading for .223, and I am also considering .308...but have not committed to it yet.

I am new to this forum, as I have just committed myself to cast my own Lyman 525-grain sabot slugs. (I'm excited, and awaiting my order - Lyman slug mold and Lee Pro 4-20 furnace).

I shoot USPSA pistol matches, and am getting head-over-heels into 3-gunning. Hence the sabot slugs are a must. (This is where the big savings in casting comes in).

Thanks again.

In Christ: Raymond

Page 21 of 128 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171121 ... LastLast