Load DataWidenersRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 14 of 128 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Loading bench pics

Gave me alot of new Ideas , Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Quality NUt View Post
    if you run a wood stove it requires WOOD.
    I feel your pain...........Creeker

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mold maker View Post
    You guys are WAY TOO NEAT. If I didn't cause an avalanche the first time I pulled the handle I'd think my stuff got stolen. I've got way too much stuff, but I can't help it.
    Or do I just need more room?????
    You know I come back to this sticky to see what new ideas, I can gleen from the posts and pictures, but the mental picture provided by "mold maker" had me rolling on the floor.

Thanks for the belly laugh!

Edd
    Charter member Michigan liars club!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Beware of man who types much, but says nothing.

Boolit Mold
    Creeker,
    How MANY wood stoves are you FEEDING???
    Back on topic....
    My reloading / casting / workshop area wouldn't be feasible w/o the stove. Propane heat is what I used previously and it got pricey. (Converted old house)
    Best part about the change over was the little cash required; less than $100. Dad donated the stove & wood on the half, Granny the chainsaw and a REAL buddy lent me his wood splitter.
    God Guns Guts Give us revival
    QN

Boolit Buddy

I heat my house exclusively with wood.
    Burn about 6-8 cords a winter.
    Costs me about 8 bucks a month.
    Heat my water with a 40ft+ copper coil on the top of stove into an aux water heater that feeds into the cold side of the electric heater.
    Power bill drops 35 dollars a month in winter so I actually come out ahead.
    HiJack over
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."
    -James Madison, 3rd Congress 1794

"The 9mm may properly expand, but the 45 will never shrink"

Creeker,
    How MANY wood stoves are you FEEDING???
    HEE HEE, I feed several I guess. I sell over & above I use. Dry Creek Bullet Works has a sister company, Dry Creek Firewood. I cut this yesterday but the cold rain/freezing rain/sleet prevented splitting today..........Lynn

Banned

Information overload.... (that's a GOOD thing for us addicts)
    I keep coming back to this thread looking for more ideas.
    Very cool stand for your LEE presss QN ...

Banned

One side benefit of owning a sawmill is the mill ends (round sides) make great sap filled firewood.

I have a large neat stack that keeps growing at the left side of the mill, and for firewood you just cut to length. Ended the need to go out into the woods.

Packs in tight and burns long and hot.
    Last edited by PatMarlin; 01-27-2009 at 10:04 PM.

Boolit Mold
    Pat, sorry about the inconclusive picture. The press on the stand is a Hornady progressive. I quit buying Lee a LONG time ago. The few Lee products I have were acquired in one purchase.

No flames intended. I know alot of Boolit shooters have had great service from Lee products.

Sawmill, eh? You really like to stay busy....

Happy shootin', ya'll
    God Guns Guts Give us revival
    QN

Quote Originally Posted by PatMarlin View Post
    One side benefit of owning a sawmill is the mill ends (round sides) make great sap filled firewood.

I have a large neat stack that keeps growing at the left side of the mill, and for firewood you just cut to length. Ended the need to go out into the woods.

Packs in tight and burns long and hot.
    What kind of mill you running Pat?

Banned

It's a 1995 Woodmizer LT40 HD that I rebuilt, rewired, added new machine upgrades, and replaced the old Onan 24hp with a 27hp liquid cooled Kawasaki engine.

Now known as the "Kawamizer".
    Last edited by PatMarlin; 06-29-2009 at 11:41 PM.

Nice mill. A fellow employee is given all our pine. He has a Hudson of some kind or other. I'm more into firewood processors than saw mills but enjoy most things concerning wood........Creeker

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range 2010

Mounting

Mounting presses
    Last edited by TAWILDCATT; 05-24-2009 at 09:14 AM.
    WILDCATT

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range 2010

the other part
    Last edited by TAWILDCATT; 05-24-2009 at 09:14 AM.
    WILDCATT

Smile my little piece of heaevn

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reloading bench.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	116.8 KB 
ID:	11260
    FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
    SEMPER FI

If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Master on Heaven's Range
    I finally went upstairs tonight and took a few pictures. This is in a 10X11 bedroom thats been vacant for years (My daughters are all grown and have their own places). I know the press (picture 1)doesn't look very sturdy, but it's actually bolted to one the welded steel brackets which are screwed to wall studs and doesn't flex a bit(pic.2). Opposite corner is casting and workbench (pic.3) I put the sliding closet doors in the attic and put in some steel closet shelving (pic. 4) and put in a TV for something to ignore while casting(pic.5). The fan over the Lee pot can be directed out the window with the 4" flex duct in the closet. Last picture is an old hutch which (after jigsaw) holds rifles(3),shotguns(2) and handguns(5) as well as the radio on top and bookshelves to the right. I have the old semi-retired computer to the right of that,the chair is partly blocking the view of the bookshelf. I keep powder and primers above the press, boolits and cases below, and the floor under the press holds ingots. Under the casting bench is a small air comp. piped to the bench end near the mini drill press and belt/disc sander to theright in pic.5. I think I squeezed a lot into a small room and am pleased with the results.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DCFC0023.jpg   DCFC0025.jpg   DCFC0026.jpg   DCFC0029.jpg   DCFC0030.jpg  

DCFC0027.jpg  
    "HMMMM.........It wasn't spos'ta do THAT!"

WOW! You guys are all so neat and have such efficient designs!

I'm embarrased to post pics of my loading room now.
    “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life” – John 3:16

That still amazes me…I don’t care who you are or how much I care about you, I would never let you kill my son. I can’t even begin to understand how much He loves us.

Boolit Buddy
    Now back living in the Uk after 10 glorious years living in France

Small.....

....but perfectly formed!....

...it's not on an 'industrial' scale like some of you guy's but it 'feeds' everything I own.....I cast out in the barn.....SWMBO tolerates my set up in a corner of the bedroom but casting indoors would never get sanctioned!......

....years ago, when I was back in the UK and following my divorce, I did used to cast in the kitchen......'she' used to come round from time to time to feed 'her' cats......one day she found me casting in the kitchen......she screamed at me...

...'What the @*+k do you think you are doing?....... doing that in here and stinking out my kitchen?'...

...I just looked up and smiled and said....'Darling, it's MY kitchen now....close the door on your way out'.....and carried on casting!

Safe shooting,

Limey
    .......never mind Quigley's gun....I just wish I had his eyesight!!!!

Boolit Master

Finally got my bench cleaned up to a point where I'm not embarrassed to show it.

And around the corner is storage for empty brass and ammo cans full of...what else?...more loaded ammo!

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Master

Casting set up

Some pages back I posted pics of the man lair. Here's my casting set up. After seeing some of the others, I went to the habitat for humanity re-store and bought a nice range hood with squirrel cage blower and floresent light. An old road sign is the bottem surface. Now it's cluttered enough to look used.
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Page 14 of 128 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast