MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad DataInline Fabrication
WidenersSnyders JerkyRepackboxRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Reloading Everything

Thread: Loading bench pics

So i went a did it a odd ball way.

Bench top is two 2x8. Side by side.

Then cut a 2x8 into a mounting board.

So press is monutaed to the board and i can swap it out with a different press with out making new holes.

Also 4inchs of wood held down with bolts.

I did this as the lee load master has the worst possible place for mounting holes less the a 1/4 inch from the lip of the bench. This way i used a hole saw and.cut out the ram guide and moved the bolts back.

Next is shelliving and a idea i have for shotgun hulls / wads.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Flyingmonkey35: That is one sturdy bench. I like the use of mounting boards. Well done.

Isaac

Finally got tired of digging through drawers to locate the powder I wanted and built a shelf that puts most of them at arms reach and up off the bench.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by jmorris View Post
    OH MY PRIMERS. Is that about 45,000 primers just sitting on your bench?
    "America: The only country that matters. If you want to experience other "cultures", use an atlas or ham radio" - Ron Swanson

Boolit Buddy

Loading room and new Casting pot Mod

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MC1.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	182376Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MC2.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	182377Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MC3.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	182378Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MC4.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	182379Just getting back in to casting Boolets after years of down time , Bought a Lee 4-20 Pot and built a riser base with a drawer so to get it up so I can see what in doing , My reloading room is divided into two rooms , as soon as I can get the other side arranged my casting will be done there , and before anyone complains , I do have a vent a hood that I will be installing over the Pot. Reloading room needs to be straitened up a bit , but as anyone knows its hard to keep it that way. I casted up 300 or so 380 bullets the other day just to see if I still could and after 30+ years I turned out come real nice 95 g pills in know time so I guess it like riding a bike . when I mounted my pot on the riser I put an On/Off switch also, don't know why Lee doesn't do that .

Boolit Buddy

Sur-shot
    Your loading room is going to be great , just shows that you have way too much time on your hands LOL

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyHev View Post
    OH MY PRIMERS. Is that about 45,000 primers just sitting on your bench?
    If you need primers now is the time to purchase them while there are plenty. He will probably move those. Mine sit directly behind me on a shelf.

Boolit Buddy

Targetshooter my bench usually looks like that , I have to force myself to clean it up sometimes just so I can do simple things, I guess its a man thing LOL
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Wow! I think if I had that much powder and primers on hand I'd be looking for a metal fire resistant cabinet to store it in. But that's just me. Think my home owners insurance would insist also.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by kmw1954 View Post
    Wow! I think if I had that much powder and primers on hand I'd be looking for a metal fire resistant cabinet to store it in. But that's just me. Think my home owners insurance would insist also.
    Wrong cabinet material. They're supposed to be stored in wood crates w/ walls 1" thick.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    Wrong cabinet material. They're supposed to be stored in wood crates w/ walls 1" thick.
    Good on you for pointing that out, dragon. About 15 years ago I salvaged a paint storage cabinet that was being discarded for some reason or another, paint scarred but otherwise perfect. I was going to use it as a powder magazine until someone pointed out the NFPA(?) standards. The cabinet got scrapped out by me. Now I have most of it in two wooden boxes. They don't have 1' walls but I did put some drywall inside to help a little. One inch material is almost unknown around here.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Grand Master

1" is the minimum recommended thickness. Doesn't mean it can't be thicker. Just adds more weight. Two by material will work just fine. It's not like it's going to be air tight anyway. The guidelines are really vague when it comes to construction.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    Suppose that makes more sense. Guess one wouldn't want to make a boomba. Then I've never faced that issue with that amount of material.
    All I can say is I wouldn't want to be in the area if there were a fire.

Boolit Master
    Minimum 1" thick wood was called out because the wood can be procured just about anywhere and the goal is to create a thermal barrier.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

They don't seem to transport them or keep them in any "special" containers when they are shipped to me or at any of the stores I have been to in the last 30 + years. Sometimes not even out of Jr's reach or safe from someone running into the end of isle display knocking them onto the floor (out of original shipping carton).

Boolit Master
    Requirements for storage in a residential setting are different than those for commercial storage.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Quote Originally Posted by smokeywolf View Post
    Minimum 1" thick wood was called out because the wood can be procured just about anywhere and the goal is to create a thermal barrier.
    That's more like I was thinking. But I guess storing any large quantity of volatile material is inherently dangerous.
    The idea of reducing the exposure time of the material to open flame was my concern. In a large fire eventually the heat exposure will reach a point that could cause self combustion.

Again, I have never had those quantities on hand that it became an issue that concerned me. Maybe we should start a new discussion on this topic?

Quote Originally Posted by smokeywolf View Post
    Requirements for storage in a residential setting are different than those for commercial storage.
    I don't believe most of us live in a commercial setting so what are the liabilities and responsibilities of a home owner? Especially in the case of a fire, heaven forbid it happens.

Boolit Master

Don't ask your homeowner's insurance company. They may cancel your policy. The FFL I have used for many years recently told me they had to stop taking deliveries because their insurance carrier cancelled their policy. Since they are a good sized retail business(hardware & lumber) they can't operate without insurance and the handling of firearms transactions was just a service to customers.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Grand Master

Although I don't have extreme quantities of powder, they are stored in an old refrigerator with only a magnetic seal for a latch.
    With the door closed there is no air transfer and the temp is relatively stable. It takes less than 1 lb of internal air pressure to force the door open.
    The refrig sits in a corner of my basement away from any flammable solvents, heat or ignition source. While not meeting the letter of the rules, I think it surpasses the intent.
    At any rate, I figure the ammo stored in ammo cans to be a bigger risk.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Page 109 of 128 FirstFirst ... 95999100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119 ... LastLast