Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRepackbox
WidenersRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 105 of 128 FirstFirst ... 5559596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 2555

Thread: Loading bench pics

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyVet1959 View Post
    You need to quadruple your desktop space...

"Why?", you may ask...

Well, it's one of the constants in life... You *always* need 4 times the desktop space that you currently have...
    and 4x the storage space . I need another shelving unit.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Quote Originally Posted by NavyVet1959 View Post
    You need to quadruple your desktop space...

"Why?", you may ask...

Well, it's one of the constants in life... You *always* need 4 times the desktop space that you currently have...
    A couple years ago I added a separate work bench just for my casting supplies and sizer, as well as, my gun cleaning. Ended up turning a 10-gun rifle safe into a ammo locker. You're right though, can never seem to have enough work/storage area.
    My Feedback, (did I buy or sell to you? Please add your Comments)
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...hlight=novalty

Escapee from The People's Republik of Kalifornia - Now in AZ, "Where Free Men Live!"
    Ha! I used to have a 4x8 sheet of plywood with 2x6 rails all around, ribs underneath on sawhorses. That was my only bench. I now have THREE benches, two very large, and YOU CAN NEVER FIND A CLEAN HORIZONTAL SPACE TO PUT SOMETHING DOWN.

All the space has made me sloppy, sloppy, sloppy. Complicating factor is 3 or 4 simultaneous projects, ongoing.

Boolit Master

A new bench in my gun room...

OK, I admit it... I'm on a quest for the perfect reloading bench... Thought I'd found it a couple of benches ago with an idea I got from this thread... Maybe 5 years ago... But I moved on, had another great idea, spent too much time and money building it, but never got 'exactly' what I wanted...

So I've built another bench and I think I'm pretty dang close with this one... What I gain over previous benches: it's bigger (yeah, I read the previous posts), it's over 3 inches thick, and it's not gonna move when I pull a handle. It's not finished yet, but the bones are there... have a look...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6871.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	178430

Man, I look forward to using this bench...

StratsMan, Looks very nice. One thing that helped me was locking down the bench at the wall and floor with some home made brackets.. Really Lock it down and I think you'll be Happy with your Bench... I know, I Know, If your Like me you hate drilling in to the floor and wall...... BUT, You will be happy once you do. and all the moving will stop...My Biggest problem now is I don't have the Wall Space like you and others have. My Reloading Room is in the upstairs of a Barn Unit and my wall's are Octagon shaped...Just another problem to solve....lol... Good Luck on this one...Bill
    Last edited by Weaponologist; 10-08-2016 at 11:27 PM.
    ............(Lông Trắng)............
    (si vis pacem, para bellum)

I doubt there's any such thing as "the perfect bench" (there's always something we could have done differently ) but yours is looking pretty good, StratsMan.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dikman View Post
    I doubt there's any such thing as "the perfect bench" (there's always something we could have done differently ) but yours is looking pretty good, StratsMan.
    And then someone is going to come along and say that you really should have made the table top out of 3" thick steel and tapped holes in it so that the presses could be bolted directly to it.

Here is my build.

I feel like i cheated on mine a little bit. The frame is a battery rack I salvaged and the supports for the shelf are lightning arresters, also salvaged. They weigh around 50 to 60 pounds each I'd guess, was a pain getting them in place. Turned out exactly like I envisioned it though. This thing is solid, no movement whatsoever.
    The dry erase board is to write the charge that is in the powder thrower, got into a bad habit and decided to fix the problem it creates rather than fight the habit.
    Hope I motivated someone to be a creative repurposer like I was. Feel like it gives it character.
    Last edited by BrutalAB; 10-21-2016 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Fixed image

Boolit Bub
    I really like that whiteboard idea. I've used post-it notes to put on the powder hopper, but they fall off and are more trouble than they're worth. I'm getting a whiteboard, thanks for the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by StratsMan View Post
    OK, I admit it... I'm on a quest for the perfect reloading bench... Thought I'd found it a couple of benches ago with an idea I got from this thread... Maybe 5 years ago... But I moved on, had another great idea, spent too much time and money building it, but never got 'exactly' what I wanted...

So I've built another bench and I think I'm pretty dang close with this one... What I gain over previous benches: it's bigger (yeah, I read the previous posts), it's over 3 inches thick, and it's not gonna move when I pull a handle. It's not finished yet, but the bones are there... have a look...

Name:	IMG_6871.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	178430

Man, I look forward to using this bench...
    A friend of mine used large glue lams like that to build his bench, thinned some black paint and used it like a stain then clear coated with urethane and it looks and works awesome.
    On the left side of yours he came out with another bench that made it a horseshoe shape, on that one you can work both sides...it's awesome.
    Like the fella above said, lock it down tight...if you use any digital scales or throw and they get vibrations, they will stutter until vibes stop.
    You are going to be satisfied with that.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Parker View Post
    I really like that whiteboard idea. I've used post-it notes to put on the powder hopper, but they fall off and are more trouble than they're worth. I'm getting a whiteboard, thanks for the idea.
    I just use a sheet of glass and a grease pencil by every powder measure / reloading press.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Parker View Post
    Thats exactly what i tried before this and had exactly the same problem with post it notes falling/blowing off. When i told a buddy about this he said he uses masking tape. I felt like i overlooked the obvious answer.

Boolit Buddy
    When I found out how well the Lee auto disk worked and I settled on a load I simply got one for each caliber and put a label on and sealed with scotch tape.

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	179420
    Here is my tiny looking bench. What I love is the dual 72"x48"x24" welded steel cabinets behind me that hold all the supplies. I can't recommend the Pat Marlin rock dock enough. I have about 10 different presses, measures, trimmers, sizers, etc that I can slide in and out on the left.
    Visit my page at www.echoarms.com for casting, reloading, and firearms accessories as well as FFL services in Southern California.

Like my Facebook page: Echo Arms

Boolit Master

Recently built new bench.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161004_150834.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	179499

8'x4' and it beats the 2"x10"x5' shelf I used for the last 10 years.

Well built bench Moonie. That's some heavy duty hardware you've used there.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Recently built new bench.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161004_150834.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	179499

8'x4' and it beats the 2"x10"x5' shelf I used for the last 10 years.
    Mooney can you send a link for hardware.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Boolit Bub
    I believe it is a kit that is made by a company called 2 x 4 Basics

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by flyingmonkey35 View Post
    Mooney can you send a link for hardware.
    Looks like he used this:

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...6224_200226224

Interestingly, even in their ad they show it being used as a reloading bench.

Since those legs and connectors are made from resin / plastic, does that mean that it is only useful when you need to reload for Glocks and other tuperware firearms?
    Last edited by NavyVet1959; 10-27-2016 at 09:52 AM.

Thanks all

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Page 105 of 128 FirstFirst ... 5559596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115 ... LastLast