MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2WidenersLoad Data
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading Everything
Repackbox

Thread: Loading bench pics

Boolit Master

Yep, I use a harbor freight grinder stand NEXT to my loading bench to hold my two chargemasters so they don't get bumped by bench activities.

As to your lazy susan, why build if you can buy at half the price.

http://www.harborfreight.com/12-inch...bin-94050.html

Boolit Bub
    It's not much, but it was built to test the insert idea. It works great.
    It's been added on to a few times. But everything was scrap free wood. Dresser was next to the dumpster.
    Each tool goes on a insert and slides in the bench top. Small screwdriver to keep them in place.
    I will be rebuilding it soon with good plywood. And going a little larger.

Boolit Bub
    I am in the process of moving into a new house and completely unfinished basement. Thanks for the inspiration!

Boolit Master
    Destruction Dan,

I think you missed on your handle here at boolits!

Should have been Construction Dan! Good on the repurposing/salvaging!

Best regards

Three44s

Destruction D do you have your wife's permission to use the washing machine for brass? ;-}
    "An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out." Will Rogers

Boolit Buddy

Combination casting and radio room is separate from the loading room, radios have kind of taken my spare time here in the last month or so
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	casting room.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	196898
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by kmrra View Post
    Combination casting and radio room is separate from the loading room, radios have kind of taken my spare time here in the last month or so

Name:	casting room.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	196898
    I spot the holy grail "whataburger cup" nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy

.....lol....
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Boolit Master

I was checking out Craigslist this morning and stumbled across a company giving away some old lab table tops made from Corian. They were 9'x4' (plus a couple of inches each way). When I drove over there earlier today, they were quite heavy, but I figured I could get them into the back of my pickup with a high-lift type jack and a bit of effort. As it turned out, that "bit of effort" translated into "nearly heat stroke". Damn, it was hot today!

I originally had thought that they would make for a large reloading bench, but right now, I'm thinking outdoor kitchen would be a better solution. I have two of them and there's a third that he'll give me a shout when it's ready. Need to sand them down a bit and refinish them, but they sure do beat having to try to pour a horizontal piece of concrete countertop.
    Last edited by NavyVet1959; 07-02-2017 at 05:59 AM.

Hey Navy...gettin old sucks huh? There was a day we could manage this with no issue...where did those days go?
    I think I'll take the old Dad's advice from about 1965..."Go a little easier on yourself or you'll regret it when your older!"

Pretty smart fella...my Dad! He wasn't near as stupid as I thought back then!
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post
    Hey Navy...gettin old sucks huh? There was a day we could manage this with no issue...where did those days go?
    I think I'll take the old Dad's advice from about 1965..."Go a little easier on yourself or you'll regret it when your older!"

Pretty smart fella...my Dad! He wasn't near as stupid as I thought back then!
    Yeah, it sucks... As they say, "Youth is wasted on the young"...

This wouldn't have been so bad with two people -- grab one end, put it on the tailgate of the truck, pick up the other end, slide it all the way forward, repeat for the next piece. Doing it by myself with no help and as hot and humid as it was kind of sucked though. Had to get in the truck, start it up, and turn the A/C on a couple of times to cool down. I really should have brought a big jug of ice water with me. The fact that it was so large and bulky didn't help either. It looks at least 1" thick plus the thicker edge pieces, so that would put it at a bit over 316 lbs per sheet.

Boolit Buddy
    New year, New house, New Bench.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20170709_151723 small.jpg  
    Quickshot

Nice and tidy.

Boolit Buddy
    for now.
    Quickshot

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by quickshot View Post
    for now.
    yup, they dont tend to stay tidy for long.

Boolit Mold

Here's my addition to a messy reloading area.

Name:	IMG_0161.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	199776Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0166.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	199777

No interest in casting but 40 years of reloading rifle, pistol and shotgun.

I'm planning on adding a 2' x 8' bench in the center and moving the two existing tables. What I need is a bigger room.

Boolit Grand Master

Thats a nice set-up. I guess we all need bigger rooms? I just thankful that I have always had a space in the house that is temperature controlled and secure.

Boolit Master

absolutely , we all need more room.

South GA redneck reloading setup

I do my casting outside & normally in the fall or winter. Lately, I've been casting early in the AM before the gnats get too bad & the temp. too high. The gnat line is south of Atlanta.

1. The pickup truck is a staple down here & mostly Fords since the "bail out".

2. Details of my primitive casting arrangement.

3. Reloading bench. This was once a corner of the master BR, but after the kids got married & left home, my wife & I converted it into a project room (it's messy, but serves our purpose).

4. The Star & the Ultra Mag share the same space. They're mounted on wooden squares (one from Midway) & secured by lag bolts & wing nuts (quick to change out). I don't use the Ultra Mag very much any more since my shooting eye was compromised following glaucoma surgery & that cramped my rifle shooting ability. I can shoot the handguns with my left eye OK & I'm fortunate to have my own range to do so.

5. Opposite corner is the work bench (also gets to hold some reloading stuff most of the time)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MVC-020S.JPG   MVC-021S.JPG   MVC-022S.JPG   MVC-024S.JPG   MVC-023S.JPG  

Boolit Master
    Well the gnats would provide some carbon for a bit of fluxing?

Three44s

Page 111 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1161101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121 ... LastLast