Inline FabricationWidenersLee PrecisionLoad Data
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackbox
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 98 of 128 FirstFirst ... 48888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 2559

Thread: Loading bench pics

Boolit Mold
    If I am not mistaking, I think that is an annealing machine you got hidden in the corner there. Is that the one that I saw a video of working or did you make a carbon-copy? Nice setup for a small space. Kudos!

Boolit Master
    Still evolving my setup but setup works well for me. Additional bench space to the left for my Gunsmithing efforts.

RickF & Stu - tell me more about your "blue machines" .... The model and options and calipers you use it for. About to order one myself. Thanks
    Last edited by Sam Casey; 02-11-2016 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Typo

From the pictures, both machines are XL650's. RickF has the strong mount, case collator, bullet tray with mounting bracket and the powder check system. Looks like Stu has a base model with powder check system added and the low powder alarm option with after market led lights.

I have an XL650 with case collator on an inline fabrication ultramount with an inline fabrication ergo roller handle and a Mr Bullet feeder collator and feed dies. I haven't found the need for the powder check system which I can't use since the bullet feed die takes up station 3. I also haven't found a need for the low powder alarm as it is easy enough to see the powder level left in the hopper since it is right there in my face. I use it for 9mm, 357 mag, 45acp and 223 Remington. I have had Dillon send me free of charge several replacement parts due to getting worn out. One part was broken due to my mistake and I told Dillon that and they still sent a replacement free of charge
    Last edited by VHoward; 02-12-2016 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ovationdave View Post
    If I am not mistaking, I think that is an annealing machine you got hidden in the corner there. Is that the one that I saw a video of working or did you make a carbon-copy? Nice setup for a small space. Kudos!
    Ovationdave thats a Giroud annealer and trimmer in the corner, I was thinking about making one myself but if it would have went like most of my other 'save money' projects I probably could have bought two of the Giroud annealers by the time I built my own. Thanks for the compliments!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Casey View Post
    RickF & Stu - tell me more about your "blue machines" .... The model and options and calipers you use it for. About to order one myself. Thanks
    Sam my 650 is set up just as VHoward describes and the calibers I have different toolheads for are .380, .38/.357, 9mm, .40 S&W, .45 ACP, .223 and 308.

Boolit Master

Loading bench pics

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Casey View Post
    Like Howard mentioned I have a base unit Dillon 650XL. I opted to not get the case feed at this time as I don't need that kind of throughput currently and liked saving the money. Currently I have quick change setups for 45 ACP, 38/357, 40 S&W and 380 ACP. If you go the Dillon route the quick change kits are worth the investment to make things easy.

I do have the Powder Cop on station 3 as I like the security it offers with my reloads but is in no means needed if you wanted to get a bullet feeder. The low powder sensor is unneeded, I ordered it with my base kit and use it cause I have it but wouldn't spend the money again.

The lights Howard pointed out are some IKEA LEDs I picked up for $5.

Feel free to PM me if you have additional questions.

Here is my little spot. It is definitely a work in progress. I screwed it to the wall and it is very solid. Does not move at all.

That is awesome.

Boolit Master
    Looks great. I too prefer to stand while running a press. Over the years I have not been kind to my back and sitting down working the ram on a press just kills me.

Quote Originally Posted by Amiaji View Post
    Here is my little spot. It is definitely a work in progress. I screwed it to the wall and it is very solid. Does not move at all.
    Nothing like bolting them to the wall.

Boolit Buddy
    OS OK: That's a neat idea. It has the wheels turning. Good job. Thanks for sharing.

Isaac

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rockchucker View Post
    I have to much crammed into a small space but its all the room I have.
    Awesome set up. Love the drapes. I think it makes the room don't you?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post
    I put a seperate pole up through the middle to mount that 'finiky' auto powder dispenser and digital scale on so I could work while waiting on a charge to dispense without disturbing it's already slow delivery.
    With the base of the pole apparently made from the disc brake rotor from a car. I've used that to make a free standing hat / coat rack. I used four pieces of 1/2" square tubing for the vertical pieces and the horizontal perimeter pieces to give it something of a "metal mission style" furniture look. The tubing ends were welded shut and ground down so that they looked like solid pieces of metal, but without the extra weight (and top heaviness) that solid steel would have entailed.

Unless I brought something made from Oak from the shop, it wouldn't be allowed to stay in the house. My metal creations were too much for my wife's sensibilities.
    Doesn't matter how functional it was it always had to match her other stuff.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Well, I have posted on this thread three different times I think. Each time right after I moved. This time its taken a while because I bought this house and I wanted to wait until the reloading room was done so I could boast an awesome set-up like a most of you guys have. That my friends is not likely to happen any time son. I have made progress but everything else seems to take priority with a new house. I will get there and have a BA setup, next step is to pull it all out and paint.. Right now I am just glad to be able to have a bullet prep bench and a reloading bench. It's been a slow progression of tools and facilities since I started reloading about a decade ago with a LEE challenger setup. Thank you guys for all of your help and patience.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0102.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	163495Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0103.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	163496
    Nathan

Casting and reloading novice

Boolit Master
    Its not much but its mine. Its not finished I work on the bench when I get time from reloading.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01437.jpg  

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by drklynoon View Post
    Well, I have posted on this thread three different times I think. Each time right after I moved. This time its taken a while because I bought this house and I wanted to wait until the reloading room was done so I could boast an awesome set-up like a most of you guys have. That my friends is not likely to happen any time son. I have made progress but everything else seems to take priority with a new house. I will get there and have a BA setup, next step is to pull it all out and paint.. Right now I am just glad to be able to have a bullet prep bench and a reloading bench. It's been a slow progression of tools and facilities since I started reloading about a decade ago with a LEE challenger setup. Thank you guys for all of your help and patience.
    Love the old radio! Is it a Zenith with tubes?

NC, it's a GE tube radio. its still hanging in there.
    Nathan

Casting and reloading novice

Quote Originally Posted by Outer Rondacker View Post
    Its not much but its mine. Its not finished I work on the bench when I get time from reloading.
    Nothing wrong with that set up.