Titan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load DataInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky
Page 79 of 128 FirstFirst ... 29697071727374757677787980818283848586878889 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 2555

Thread: Loading bench pics

Boolit Mold
    What kind of sizer is that on your bench, if I may be so bold as to ask ......

Miker

Quote Originally Posted by MDF99 View Post
    Here's my garage casting setup.

Quote Originally Posted by miker557 View Post
    What kind of sizer is that on your bench, if I may be so bold as to ask ......

Miker
    It's a Ballisticast and still is working well.

Quote Originally Posted by MDF99 View Post
    It's a Ballisticast and still is working well.
    And will be when yer a 100.

Boolit Bub
    Well, once again I enjoy the 'bench' photos. Some great ideas.. How ever I also enjoy what I see in the back ground !! Calender photos, saved targets, tool related to other things, flags , posters, stuff hanging from rafters, logo coffee cups game heads/hides, heaps of stacked ingots on floor or shelves, buckets of brass or shotgun hulls . . . . . . all interesting and I think they tell a little more about the 'loader person' !! Working on my new bench. Will post when done.
    Sgt. Red Leg
    NRA Benefactor #17260151
    SASS Life #5906
    R.A.T.S. #381
    G.A.F. #685
    Ruger Collector #9142
    M1 Garand Collecter #21959
    California Rifle & Pistol Association Life #16436

Boolit Buddy
    I don't have any place for a dedicated bench yet and even if I did I'm to new to know exactly how I'd want it set up. Found the plans for this online and after modifying them a bit I built this. After letting a few coats of Danish Oil dry I tried a wax finish that I didnt like at all so I scraped it off and touched up the oil finish. Just finished everything up this afternoon. It's make from 1" thick oak stair tread (not my idea I found it online).

Boolit Buddy
    My new bench started life as a leftover length of 2x12 that I was going to cut to fit my B&D Workmate that I had been using for a loading bench. After cutting the 2x12 in half it just seemed like a waste to put it on the workmate so...

I picked up another 2x12, two 2x8's and two 2x4 studs. The sides are 2x8's with a bottom shelf made from the studs for rigidity.

I will be adding a mid level shelf once I use it for a while and decide where to put it.

The feet are cut from 2x12 and extend out slightly past the edge of the top to aid in stability. With the heavy lumber and weight of the bullets (going to stack some lead ingots there as well when my back decides to forgive me) this beast is solid as a boulder.

Almost forgot I took what 2x12 I had left and cut two pieces to length and put them on the underside of the top for added rigidity.

Dimensions
    Top - 33 1/2" wide by 22 1/2" deep.
    Height - 33"
    Shelf - 31" wide by 17 1/2" deep
    Feet - 38" long
    Fast is fine but accuracy is final.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tx308 View Post
    My new bench started life as a leftover length of 2x12 that I was going to cut to fit my B&D Workmate that I had been using for a loading bench. After cutting the 2x12 in half it just seemed like a waste to put it on the workmate so...

I picked up another 2x12, two 2x8's and two 2x4 studs. The sides are 2x8's with a bottom shelf made from the studs for rigidity.

I will be adding a mid level shelf once I use it for a while and decide where to put it.

The feet are cut from 2x12 and extend out slightly past the edge of the top to aid in stability. With the heavy lumber and weight of the bullets (going to stack some lead ingots there as well when my back decides to forgive me) this beast is solid as a boulder.

Almost forgot I took what 2x12 I had left and cut two pieces to length and put them on the underside of the top for added rigidity.

Dimensions
    Top - 33 1/2" wide by 22 1/2" deep.
    Height - 33"
    Shelf - 31" wide by 17 1/2" deep
    Feet - 38" long
    Man, I LIKE it! If you don't mind I'm gonna take the idea and run with it.
    So many guns, so little time

You must pay for everything in this life - nothing is free, except for the grace of God.

"Free cheese only comes in a mousetrap"

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by mac60 View Post
    Man, I LIKE it! If you don't mind I'm gonna take the idea and run with it.
    Go for it mac60! But you gotta share the end result with us.

Forgot to mention that I cut an inlet in the edge of the top to inset the ram of the Loadmaster. Also cut a 3 3/4" wide by 1" deep inlet to set back the Classic Turret.

It only took an afternoon to 'design' and assemble. I'm debating a shelf on the back side but I really think that I'll use it more like an island. By that I mean put one of the sides against the wall and have access to both long sides of the top. That would let me permanently mount my single stage and lube sizer.
    If I do go with a shelf instead I can throw together a smaller version of this bench for the other equipment.
    Fast is fine but accuracy is final.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by HawkCreek View Post
    I don't have any place for a dedicated bench yet and even if I did I'm to new to know exactly how I'd want it set up. Found the plans for this online and after modifying them a bit I built this. After letting a few coats of Danish Oil dry I tried a wax finish that I didnt like at all so I scraped it off and touched up the oil finish. Just finished everything up this afternoon. It's make from 1" thick oak stair tread (not my idea I found it online).

Hay HawkC, that's a great looking piece!! When you do make a reloading bench, I'm sure it will be a work of art!!
    May all your bullets find the Bullseye.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinne View Post
    Hay HawkC, that's a great looking piece!! When you do make a reloading bench, I'm sure it will be a work of art!!
    Well I don't think I'm that good of a woodworker but thank you!

Boolit Buddy
    Sawhorses, steel door blank and my Lee automated lubrisizer.

"Failure to prepare is preparing to fail" - Benjamin Franklin

oh love that hot plate and shield for your mold yea !!
    "Make things as simple as possible, but no simpler" Albert Einstien

thanks,it is minimal for sure. I now have 2 more adjustable and removable lights over head and when Im done I cover he press with a shortened camp chair nylon bag. I only do 45 acp so this is enough for now. my powder, tumbler and other supplies are stored else where and I have about 10,000 once fired 45 brass in protein powder cans in another cabinet.
    "Make things as simple as possible, but no simpler" Albert Einstien

Boolit Bub
    psychicrhino , I love the automated sizing motor !!!! Two kid power

Boolit Buddy
    Here's my setup, needs to be cleaned and organized. Again.

Two Star sizers, one for smokeless lube and one for black powder lube, a Lee Loadmaster, Pro1000, 4 hole turret press and shot shell loader, along with various stuff.

Love the bench, got the plans off the net, apparently it was posted in a rifleman? magazine. Only change was I made it shorter so I could sit at a chair and reload vs. standing up.

The stand for the sizers was a bathroom sink counter that I'd bought while I was building my house and I decided on another style so I reinforced with 2x4's and put a plywood top on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0508.jpg   IMG_0510.jpg   IMG_0511.jpg  

Boolit Bub
    Here is my reloading bench I have 2 presses a old Bonanza Co-Ax I got a deal on that was in bad shape that I rebuilt and a Hollywood SR Turret that I got in great shape.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C0-Ax_0012.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	103870Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C0-Ax_0011.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	103871Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C0-Ax_0019.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	103872Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hollywood_0022.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	103873

That looks good in silver.
    Visit my page at www.echoarms.com for casting, reloading, and firearms accessories as well as FFL services in Southern California.

Like my Facebook page: Echo Arms

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by thehouseproduct View Post
    That looks good in silver.
    Thanks I didnt want to repaint it in boring Bonanza red so I used Rustoleum silver hammered engine paint and Rustoleum Cclean engine paint 2 coats each touched up the Bonanza lettering in black before applying clear coats figured that would be a good durable finish.I wish I had used regular gray hammered paint on looking back would of liked it closer in tone with the Hollywood

Boolit Master
    MD, nice clean setup! As well as your presses.

Of course I especially like that nice new looking Hollywood Senior Turret!
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Page 79 of 128 FirstFirst ... 29697071727374757677787980818283848586878889 ... LastLast