WidenersTitan ReloadingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Repackbox
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 122 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2272112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128 LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 2554

Thread: Loading bench pics

Quote Originally Posted by monkey wrangler View Post
    This is my work in progress. Added the louvered panels to the wall to use Akro style bins and make a few custom tool holders that will fit the pattern. I also use the Inline Fab mount and move my presses around when needed. The toolbox under the bench is a old one IAttachment 267830Attachment 267831 had around already and helps me keep the bench top manageable. Finally tasted the blue Koolaid this could get expensive but I am saving money right.
    No telling how much money you'll be saving.......
    Neat setup.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shawlerbrook View Post
    This is my little ammo making corner.
    Attachment 263127
    Nice ECHO
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Mold
    this was my reloading shop until I turned it into a machine shop, how IClick image for larger version. 

Name:	reloading shop.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	270256Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reloading shop.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	270256 miss it

Such a sad place. If reloading components were contagious this is what our rooms would look like.

Adding another bench, 4th purpose built one in 40 years. Still using two of the first ones but they were modified for the plate and socket mounts.
    I'll add pics later
    Last edited by Blindshooter; 11-20-2020 at 11:43 AM.

Coming along. I'm old and slow and definitely not a carpenter as is painfully obvious.

Boolit Master

Added a case feeder to the Dillon 750, and 37mm AT round to the display on top.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bench2020.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	271859
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

Boolit Buddy
    Moving into new house -- has a nice shop, a portion of which was heated / cooled / insulated wood shop. It's being converted to reloading room / weight room. This an existing cabinet -- I'm thinking of making it my reloading bench -- it's solid and attached to the wall. I'm a huge fan of putting T-track on the reloading bench. Seeking input on:

1) Putting t track directly into the laminate countertop
    2)overlaying double laminated 3/4 in plywood on it and putting T-Track in that -- that's what my previous bench was (stand alone bench, not attached to the wall, so it has some wobble to it)

I still have my old standalone bench, so I can use it until I figure out if / how to use this as the primary bench. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1400.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	271882

Old bench (has doors on it now)

Name:	IMG_0982.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	271887
    Last edited by 0802; 11-21-2020 at 08:19 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 0802 View Post
    Moving into new house -- has a nice shop, a portion of which was heated / cooled / insulated wood shop. It's being converted to reloading room / weight room. This an existing cabinet -- I'm thinking of making it my reloading bench -- it's solid and attached to the wall. I'm a huge fan of putting T-track on the reloading bench. Seeking input on:

1) Putting t track directly into the laminate countertop
    2)overlaying double laminated 3/4 in plywood on it and putting T-Track in that -- that's what my previous bench was (stand alone bench, not attached to the wall, so it has some wobble to it)

I still have my old standalone bench, so I can use it until I figure out if / how to use this as the primary bench. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1400.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	271882

Old bench (has doors on it now)

Name:	IMG_0982.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	271887
    Your JD safe is awesome! I saw one that was white with gold outline/lettering at a JD dealership when I was in high school. It was some special edition and Ive never seen one since. Just bought a Liberty, haven't even got it into the house yet.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Rohrer View Post
    Added a case feeder to the Dillon 750, and 37mm AT round to the display on top.

Name:	Bench2020.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	271859
    I see you have two JDS Quick Measures on the top shelf. How do you like them?
    Thanks

This is the most "Bench" I'm going to get for a while. Still, I've got to start somewhere.

Name:	20201123_045400978_iOS.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	273310

Except for the desk light, everything I have fits in two half-sized Rubbermaid Roughneck boxes. Wax paper does a great job of keeping the powder off of the apartment's carpet.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by wsl View Post
    I see you have two JDS Quick Measures on the top shelf. How do you like them?
    Thanks
    I actually have four of them. The two at the top of the pic are black powder. The one on the left is for my cannon (it has the largest drop tube Q-M makes), and the other is for my BP guns. On the left side of the pic is one attached to my P-W Metallic II. The fourth one (out-of-picture) has a really tall reservoir tube and I use it for rifle calibers. The company owner is responsive and will work w/ you to give you want you want.

I have been using them for 10-years and like them a lot. They meter to within .1gr w/o a problem and are basically a semi-automatic version of the B&M, which I also use.

They are pricey and additional tubes are $5 each. I bought a bunch of different-length tubes as the company owner is getting older and I do not know how long the company will be around. I think they are worth the investment, especially if you do a lot of rifle caliber reloading.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

Boolit Master

Just added an M6 57mm AT round to the bench courtesy of a tag-sale. A separate solid-shot warhead is on its left. They are to the top of the pic, right side, to the right of my white hat.

That is the round our airborne forces used in their AT guns from 1944. The puny little 37mm AT to its right is what we started WW2 with.

Name:	ReloadingBenchLate2020.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	273323
    Last edited by Kevin Rohrer; 12-20-2020 at 10:06 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by VariableRecall View Post
    This is the most "Bench" I'm going to get for a while. Still, I've got to start somewhere.

Name:	20201123_045400978_iOS.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	273310

Except for the desk light, everything I have fits in two half-sized Rubbermaid Roughneck boxes. Wax paper does a great job of keeping the powder off of the apartment's carpet.
    That'll work just fine until you can expand. Many reloaders started out using limited space. I began in a corner of a walk in closet on a homemade shelve about 3'x3' with mine and my wife's clothes beside and behind me.

Isaac

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    That'll work just fine until you can expand. Many reloaders started out using limited space. I began in a corner of a walk in closet on a homemade shelve about 3'x3' with mine and my wife's clothes beside and behind me.

Isaac
    It's doing just fine in satisfying my reloading needs. It's sped up a lot since I got the Powder Measure. I can reload about 25 an hour if I've started from deprimed brass. I can boost that to about 50 an hour when I'm using primed, expanded, and sized brass that I keep handy in my reloading tubs.

Considering that the largest volume I've shot so far in a single session is 100 rounds, this relatively slow speed is perfectly acceptable.

Love how much reloading equipment, everyone seems to have. I think I have enough to take care of my needs until I pass on.. but again I only need to load up a couple times a month if that. Great photos guys.
    Last edited by Deakota57; 12-17-2020 at 02:54 PM.
    It takes more than just reading, to prepare a young soldier for battle.
    Your experience means the world to the young.

jr545 Oh my, nice. My barn has a dirt floor, I got part of a room in my house to reload.
    Last edited by Deakota57; 12-17-2020 at 03:09 PM.

Name:	DA2BA426-007A-44D5-B687-3060B98AC407.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	74.0 KB 
ID:	273405Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D79BB4B6-FF58-4D0C-A506-FBED2002E251.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	273406Click image for larger version. 

Name:	36FE295C-537B-42C5-A8E4-D71AC21F61C2.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	273407.
    I don’t know why the photo’s went side ways.
    Last edited by Deakota57; 12-17-2020 at 03:29 PM.

People get more Reloading Equipment s time goes by due to the the idea that it makes them better loaders. You can load perfect ammo with a Lee Classic Loader and a Plastic Mallet. I do recommend some kind of scale to weigh powder charges and a different priming tool.

When I got my first Lee Loader in 1971 I went back the next day and bought a Lee Priming Tool, and then the next week I bought a Redding Powder Scale. By this time I'm into this hobby about $25 and I'm loading .243 Winchester for my Sako Rifle and I'm getting quarter sized Groups at 100 yards with my own ammo. I was loading at a desk in my room in the barracks at Randolph AFB... I needed nothing more and could easily go right back today.

Of course now I have my BPM Hand Press which is a cut above a Lee Loader but my space requirements are the same as I load mostly at my dinner table.

After I advanced to a Rock Chucker after I got a .44 Magnum Pistol in 1978 and needed a higher output, I then built my first bench. A 2x3' piece of 3/4" plywood clamped in a B&D Workmate which I still have and my Bro In Law has the plywood mounted on his Workmate with his Rock Chucker and D550B bolted to it.

I have a nice dedicated Loading Bench in my shop with my Rock Chucker mounted along with a C&H 444 and a Lyman Boolit Sizer. It has drawers in a column down the center of the bench that contain all my Reloading Tools I have accumulated over the last 50 years including that first Lee Loader. I use it mainly for assembling Specialty Shotshell Loads.

I load mainly at the Kitchen Table now. Using my BPM Hand Press. And everything I need fits in a tool bag.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master

I always thought those holywoods were big but when you see them next to a regular press they really stand out
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Page 122 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2272112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128 LastLast