Lee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
WidenersSnyders JerkyRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading

Thread: RCBS Summit Arbor Die Conversion

Boolit Master

RCBS Summit Arbor Die Conversion

Anyone have a Summit press? I had one previously and regrettably sold it here. I missed having one and picked up another last year.

I got my teenage son a new rifle in 7mm-08 and needed dies. I've long been interested in Wilson chamber dies, but lack an arbor press. Then it occured to me that RCBS offers a conversion kit for the Summit. So I ordered a Wilaon micrometer chamber seating die and conversion kit.

Easy retrofit. Simply remove the bushing and one 3/4" nut to remove the shell holder thing. Works great.

Loaded 50 rounds to get my son acclimated to the rifle, eye relief, zero, etc. Not chasing groups yet. But surprisingly the 3 rounds I shot went into .311". Promising!

"There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something."
    ~Thorin Oakenshield

I have one and even converted Lee APP parts to allow an electric case feeder, but tho tempted to buy them, I never did buy the arbor press parts. Just never have competed benchrest. The Summit is certainly beefy enough to use it Arbor-style. If you're ever curious about adding a feeder, check out this THR thread:

https://www.thehighroad.org/index.ph...e-last.909232/

Boolit Master

Pretty cool GWS. Thanks foe the link!
    ~Thorin Oakenshield

Boolit Grand Master

I believe the same process could be used on most presses to convert. A round plate to fit the shell holder cut and a 1 1/4"12 threaded replacement bushing for the top or 7/8 14 for the top, on some presses you may be tight on room. I have loaded with the wilson straight line dies this could also work with the lee loaders

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    I believe the same process could be used on most presses to convert. A round plate to fit the shell holder cut and a 1 1/4"12 threaded replacement bushing for the top or 7/8 14 for the top, on some presses you may be tight on room. I have loaded with the wilson straight line dies this could also work with the lee loaders
    Great point.

Many of us have the RCBS primer pocket swage die. The case stripper on that could stand in for a flat base base over the ram. Would just need a flat surface for the top, and the arbor die conversion would work for the top end. So the Rock Chucker could convert to use chamber dies.
    ~Thorin Oakenshield