Snyders JerkyRepackboxTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: Loading bench pics

Quote Originally Posted by glaciers View Post
    Propane infrared heaters give off moisture. you need to use a vented heater of some kind.
    Even with a dehumidifier? What kind of vented heater ?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Any heater that has a chimney is a vented heater. Plastic [high efficient] or metal 80%er. I would not use an unvented heater any where. They are not even legal a lot of places.For the record I do plumbing and heater for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by tinsnips View Post
    Any heater that has a chimney is a vented heater. Plastic [high efficient] or metal 80%er. I would not use an unvented heater any where. They are not even legal a lot of places.For the record I do plumbing and heater for a living.
    They are legal here,I live out in country. I am not trying to spend a small fortune on my reloading area.

Boolit Buddy
    Ha. I am spending a small fortune on my man cave. I’m more worried about AC than heat here in south Alabama. I’m insulating with 2.75” of styrofoam (2” of it free) in the walls and R19 in the ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by n10sivern View Post
    Ha. I am spending a small fortune on my man cave. I’m more worried about AC than heat here in south Alabama. I’m insulating with 2.75” of styrofoam (2” of it free) in the walls and R19 in the ceiling.
    I live in n.w. PA, heat is a must. I dont want to use electric for heat, to expensive. So propane is it. I'm only heating and cooling 10 x12 area max.

As you say, only a 10X12 area, well insulated, why not an oil filled electric radiator with a thermostat? I use one in an unheated attic and it works well. Unless you want to heat the area enough to sit in shorts!

As you say, only a 10X12 area, well insulated, why not an oil filled electric radiator with a thermostat? I use one in an unheated attic and it works well. Unless you want to heat the area enough to sit in shorts!
    Probably the best option. Un-vented propane will cause tons of wet.

The real problem is relative humidity, temperature change and condensation. Bring in cold damp air, heat it up along with everything else and then cool it all down. Condensation. The air cools faster than everything else in the room.

Boolit Master

remember the ventless heaters will burn up the oxygen in a small room and the safety will cut it off, it really does not cost much more to do it right.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Master
    JReaper get a little wall mount direct vent [straight out the back off the unit] heater. Not expensive to buy an real easy to install. You can have rust problems with the no vent heaters,not to mention all the combustion byproducts end up in the room .

Quote Originally Posted by tinsnips View Post
    JReaper get a little wall mount direct vent [straight out the back off the unit] heater. Not expensive to buy an real easy to install. You can have rust problems with the no vent heaters,not to mention all the combustion byproducts end up in the room .
    I will look into the direct vent heater. See what is involved. Thanks guys for the input.

Banned

Boolit Buddy
    So lemme see some benches with cabinets underneath. Getting ready to build my new bench

Boolit Master

Who uses T nuts on their bench? Who uses a rail?
    Mine has threaded brass inserts. They accomplish the same thing as tee nuts. I’ve installed a gazillion tee nuts in model airplanes and getting them to stay in place can be challenging. The brass inserts stay put. If I built a new bench from scratch I would seriously consider rails.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JReaper9178 View Post
    Hi, guys I have a few questions? I am thinking that my current loading area is to wet. (My dies are getting rust on them) So my thought is, I have a 10 x 12
    Shed on my property not being used for anything, I want to heat it with a propane 12000 btu infrared wall unit and cool it with same btu window air conditioner . Can anyone see any problem with this setup.

No idea what part of the country you’re in so no idea how much heat you need. I’ve heated my reloading rooms with oil filled electric radiator heaters. They don’t have anything exposed for an ignition source, make no sound (maybe a relay clicking on some models) and the heat is dry. I’m about to build another shop and will use the same heater in it.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by David2011 View Post
    Mine has threaded brass inserts. They accomplish the same thing as tee nuts. I’ve installed a gazillion tee nuts in model airplanes and getting them to stay in place can be challenging. The brass inserts stay put. If I built a new bench from scratch I would seriously consider rails.
    These stay in place.
    https://www.rockler.com/screw-on-tee...se-size-thread
    I initially wanted to do rails but I’ve seen some videos of people reloading on rails and their presses seemed to have too much play in my opinion.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bench1.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	248841 My bench at a less messy time

Boolit Master

These stay in place.
    https://www.rockler.com/screw-on-tee...se-size-thread
    I initially wanted to do rails but I’ve seen some videos of people reloading on rails and their presses seemed to have too much play in my opinion.
    Those are awesome but way too big and heavy for most model airplanes.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by David2011 View Post
    Those are awesome but way too big and heavy for most model airplanes.
    I was just showing those as a way to keep Tee nuts in place on a bench.

Boolit Buddy

T Tracks for accessories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 119 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1969109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128 LastLast