Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingRepackboxWidenersSnyders Jerky
Load Data Reloading Everything
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Review of 22LR to 224 Kaine Dies by DanR

Boolit Buddy
    Dan no problem I can provide the contact to you but as you know it won't be reliable according it is all around the world.
    I bought 27kg of lead wire in about 100$.

Banned
    sorry i do use a spell check win it works but even with it it some times will not give me the right words

Banned
    and i need to not post win im in need of sleep or tiring to do it fast

and like i post be for my spelling suck so drop it i know so let sleeping dogs lie
    Last edited by xfoxofshogo; 12-29-2011 at 07:19 PM.

Boolit Mold
    I have a lyman t-mag press (the one with the manual turret head, not a progressive). I was wondering i this would be strong enough to swage 22lr jackets?

Boolit Buddy
    I would not recommend but it is possible.
    If you are working with raw lead and easy to be derimmed cases than without any issue.

Quote Originally Posted by sly mantis View Post
    I have a lyman t-mag press (the one with the manual turret head, not a progressive). I was wondering i this would be strong enough to swage 22lr jackets?
    In my experience the force to create a 22 cal bullet from a 22 rim fire or from a commercial jacket is no greater than full length sizing a large rifle cartridge. For me, the most force is required in the derim process. The actual bullet forming is easier. different die sets will require different amounts of force so you are really dealing in generalities here. If you are sufficiently interested that you will invest in a set of dies, it should be no great effort to pick up a suitable used press if the Lyman does not perform to your satisfaction.
    "let's go. He ain't hittin' nothin'.".... "You IDIOT, he's hit everything he's aimed at!"

Boolit Buddy

55gr hollow points

Playin around and made this balistic tip with a soft air BB

Boolit Bub
    That looks so cool. Will the BB keep its shape over extended storage time, like 1 year?

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by gabe123 View Post
    That looks so cool. Will the BB keep its shape over extended storage time, like 1 year?
    I'm not sure but it should those BB's are hard and if you try to cut it it shatters

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by newcastter View Post
    I'm not sure but it should those BB's are hard and if you try to cut it it shatters
    they work better if you heat them ... but IMO they are still a poor option My avitar is .224s I swaged there is a better option than air soft.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Reload3006 View Post
    they work better if you heat them ... but IMO they are still a poor option My avitar is .224s I swaged there is a better option than air soft.
    So what is better to use in swaging a balistic tip? I was just messin around but if there is something better to use I would like to know what it is.

Boolit Master

ski binding plugs but they are really soft and damage easy.

Banned
    i been playing with plastic air soft bb and some plastic welding rod for fixing car bumbers i need to make a mold but i have found the air soft to be really hard and brake off ez the welding rod stuff is polyurthaing i think thats how you spell it and a ABC plastic its not hard but its not to soft but still deforms if drop

Boolit Buddy

I honestly like the soft air bb's cuz there hard yet formable, ever feel an actual ballistic tip its hard and not going to get damaged by dropping it having said that I do not believe a soft air bb is a "poor option" but I willl load them and shoot to see what happens.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by newcastter View Post
    I honestly like the soft air bb's cuz there hard yet formable, ever feel an actual ballistic tip its hard and not going to get damaged by dropping it having said that I do not believe a soft air bb is a "poor option" but I willl load them and shoot to see what happens.
    yes i to like how hard they are but the ones i have use brake if they fall off a table
    im tiring to see if a poly mix or ABC with them will make them hard and brake less or just ABC be good or PVC even.

if they are to soft the hi speed of rpm s a lone will mess with them

which bb are you using i was tiring the glow in the dark ones mabe what you have is a better plastic

i do have some biodegradable one i have not tired melting yet they do not seem to brake up like the other ones win i crush them
    o look my 9mm air soft glow in the dark built
    yes i was bored lol

Boolit Buddy

I'm using crossman .224 cal soft air yellow BB's. I did drop it on the floor a few times to check because I was concerned if it would break when chambering in my AR. I dont heat them or anything just drop a 45gr core seat it then a bb and seat it then point form and presto its done. I am looking forward to the point uniform punch/die to really finish these bullets off.
    Last edited by newcastter; 01-06-2012 at 12:06 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    Mine creation of 61.6gr with a slight boat tail just for easier placing before seeding.

You have to buy and try Dan's BOAT TAIL punch

PS the used case was made by REX (13.32gr, 15.616mm) which caused bending my press handle
    Last edited by rasto; 01-07-2012 at 06:49 AM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by rasto View Post
    Mine creation of 61.6gr with a slight boat tail just for easier placing before seeding.

You have to buy and try Dan's BOAT TAIL punch

PS the used case was made by REX (13.32gr, 15.616mm) which caused bending my press handle
    Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't that canalure (probly spelled that wrong), a little high?? Other than that great looking round.
    "The right of the people to keep and bear...arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country..." (James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434 [June 8, 1789])

Once the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.
    Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Buddy
    Yes it is, but that kind of cannelure is left-over the 22LR case.
    Previous crimp of 22LR bullet.

Boolit Buddy

I was told that punch was not available yet...