WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad Data
Titan ReloadingRepackboxReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819

Thread: Please show off you're .32's

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Thanks. I have a Kel-Tec and have been thinking about trying a high sectional density boolit at modest velocity in it, basically .32 S&W Long performance.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    Why would you want to duplicate 32 long load for 32 acp to reduce recoil. The acp is hotter than any 32 long. I also have a keltec and had to lighten my loads as the cases had extreme buldges in them. When using the 10 round mag the little pistol is a lot easier to control.

Boolit Grand Master
    Well, because the formula of heavier bullet at lower but still very adequate velocity does whatever a 32 can do. There really is no application for one cartridge that the other cannot do about as well.

Well, with maybe one exception.

Only one of the two cartridges gets regularly used in super accurate pistols in the Olympics.

I would sure stay away from loading cases to where they bulge myself. Hot ridding a Kel Tec 32 means the pistol is not going to last for a lot of shooting, for sure.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RED BEAR View Post
    Why would you want to duplicate 32 long load for 32 acp to reduce recoil. The acp is hotter than any 32 long. I also have a keltec and had to lighten my loads as the cases had extreme buldges in them. When using the 10 round mag the little pistol is a lot easier to control.
    Most .32 Auto factory ammo and load data produces less energy than the .32 S&W Long, especially when used in short barrels such as the Kel-Tec. To really get the .32 Auto moving, you have to use the hotter European 7.65 Browning, which is really hard on such small guns. On the other hand, I wouldn't think it to be such a big deal to squirt a 90-100 grain slug out at 750 fps or so. Should be accurate and penetrate well, which is what you should be striving for with this cartridge.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    Ok my bad i do use european ammo and load according. I have had to down load for my kel tec vs my European guns. I have no problem carrying either 32 for defence.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by AndyB1 View Post
    The rarest Colt OMM in 32 S&W. It was not cheap, but now I have all 3 plus a NS Match in 45 Colt.

"Manufactured in 1941, this revolver was part of a shipment of 49 addressed to the State Quartermaster of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts on May 10, 1941, with the grips "Not Listed" and other features verified. Elevation adjustable front blade and windage adjustable rear notch sights, flat top frame, un-shrouded ejector rod and checkered trigger and hammer spur. The barrel has the two-line address/patent dates on top and the Officer's Model Heavy Barrel legend on the left side. The Rampant Colt appears on the left side plate. Fitted with checkered Colt medallion grips. With a brown leather flap holster and factory box renumbered to the gun.

Class: Curio & Relic Handgun

Excellent. The revolver retains 97% plus original blue finish showing some light spotting on the trigger guard, right rear frame and front strap and a few minor handling marks. The grips are excellent with a short white streak on the bottom and overall crisp checkering. The trigger is slow to return to the ready position after pulled; otherwise, the action functions properly. The holster is fine showing some flex wear and minor handling/storage marks with tight stitching. The box is fine showing some dings, scratches and scattered wear. Most of the labels remain."

Once cleaned, the trigger works fine.

:

Unbelievable! That's one nice Roscoe.
    So many guns, so little time

You must pay for everything in this life - nothing is free, except for the grace of God.

"Free cheese only comes in a mousetrap"

Boolit Grand Master
    I can’t believe I’ve gone this long without posting a picture of my two bespoke S&W K-frames in 32. The blue version is my homage to the Model 16-3, built with an original barrel with a rebored K-22 cylinder all installed on a 14-3 donor gun. The stainless “Model 616” has a rebored Model 617 barrel and cylinder on a Model 66 no dash. If you can’t find what you want, build it!

Since this picture was taken, the K-32 has gotten a set of Altamont Roper style grips, and the rear sight on the 616 is now one from Austin Behlert.

Froggie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4E527E07-02FD-4DF4-98F3-89FB8A1044D2.jpg  
    Last edited by Green Frog; 01-26-2019 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Correct typo
    "It aint easy being green!"

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819