Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingWidenersSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad Data
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Please show off you're .32's

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Quote Originally Posted by tejano View Post
    Here is one of mine. Attachment 169868
    Is that one of the new re-issues, or a vintage gun? Nice!
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Grand Master
    Brother Crank,

The Femaru 32 cap made for the Nazi occupation was a winner, unfortunately the collectors all seem to think so too. I've got a pre-War example in 38 Kurz (380 acp) but unfortunately that version lacks the thumb safety found on the wartime version. Otherwise I really like it.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Outpost75 View Post
    Is that one of the new re-issues, or a vintage gun? Nice!
    It is a vintage piece and marked as government property. Been meaning to try to get a Colt letter on it but retirement keeps me too busy.

Froggie,
    Never heard of such a critter, not finding it on the interwebs either. Please edumacate me.

Mark

Boolit Grand Master
    The Femaru 37 was the issue side arm of the Hungarian army starting in 1938. Designed by Rudolph Frommer, or Frommer Stop fame, it was originally chambered in 9 mm kurz/.380 for the Hungarians without a safety catch for whom it was the m1937. During WWII, the Germans ordered well over 100,000(some say as many as 300,000) in 32 ACP with a safety catch and issued them to air crew, police and other rear echelon types. The Germans called it the P37(u) in their service. They externally resemble a midget Browning 1911 somewhat, but are simple blowback weapons.
    I had a 380 version briefly, but the mediocre accuracy and lack of a safety made me send it on down the highway. They used to be relatively common bring backs, widely seen at gun shows but not so much any more.
    Last edited by rintinglen; 06-11-2016 at 11:15 AM.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

I was wondering about that. I had never heard of a carbine from them, so I was puzzled, I thought you were referencing some ultra-rare rifle. I have handled plenty of the 37's.

Mark

I just recently picked up a Ruger Single Six .32 mag with the 9 1/2 inch barrel. It dates from around 1985 or so when Ruger first made them. It was bought by a neighbour's wife when she worked at an "Outdoor Store" in the vicinity with her employee's discount. It hasn't been fired since it left the factory and I'm still debating if I will. I've liked that gun for years, since the first day I saw it. My neighbour decided she didn't want it anymore and offered it to me. I almost broke my arm grabbing for my wallet. I also just received an Alpha Projects 6 inch revolver and have been loading up some wad cutter ammo (Starline cases, Magtech 98 grain HBWC, Winchester SP primer, and 1.7 grains AA#2, velocity 700 fps +/- 25 fps by chronograph) for it's first range day. The target in the case demonstrates a group size that I can no longer make myself due to my old eyes, but I intend on using it for my clubs monthly bullseye matches.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP0055.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	110.9 KB 
ID:	176991

Edit: Actually the Ruger dates to late 1984. The 3,003 pistol made.
    Last edited by eb in oregon; 10-06-2016 at 04:54 PM.

My favorites were a 4-5/8" Single Six Magnum and an FN 1922 .32acp. Too bad I let them go for who knows what.....Best, Thomas.

Boolit Master
    One of my favorite .32's is a H&R revolver in .32 H&R Mag. It has the uncommon long 7.5 inch barrel length. I still have a cute little .32 Rimfire revolver as well. I also have a Dryse and a Kel Tec Semi-auto in .32 ACP too.

Attachment 177190

Attachment 177191

Do .32-20s count?

Attachment 177201

Boolit Master

recently bought a hand ejector in 32-20 just like this one on gunjoker for $149 bid plus costs, in similar condx. still some deals out there to be had.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat74 View Post
    Intersting critter .. double stack, double feed 6 round magazine, straight blowback, striker fired. The blocky thing on top is the "slide".

Attachment 169841 Attachment 169842

Later!
    so we start with a Hi-Point and a 2X4...

I have three, a 32 H&R Vaquero, a Colt Police Positive 32-20, and a IJ break top 32 S&W. The break top is not shot, it is in the curio as a display piece. I believe I only have an image of the Ruger. Might try to load some of the other two later.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    If you have a Beretta Tomcat, pop the tip-up barrel open and inspect the frame rail on the right side (muzzle pointing away from you) and see if you have a CRACK above the trigger pivot hole, that looks like this!

Attachment 177211

Mine went about 2000 rounds of CIP-Euro ball and heavy bullet handloads before failing. Beretta no longer fixes or replaces these, so if you ignore the factory warnings about avoiding ammo producing above 130-ft.-lbs. factory rating (like the Buffalo Bore), then you are on your own nickel.

For the curious, my new "Church Gun" is a Ruger LCP in .380, which is a locked breech and mine has so far run 1000 rounds with no drips, runs or errors.
    Last edited by Outpost75; 09-22-2016 at 01:56 PM.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Master
    Some guns that I have or did have in .32 that never made it into the thread:

S&W Model 30:

H&R Young America:

NEF R73 Ultra:

H&R 504:

Taurus Model 74:

Ruger Single Six:

I'll add some more as I get the chance...
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Quote Originally Posted by Outpost75 View Post
    If you have a Beretta Tomcat, pop the tip-up barrel open and inspect the frame rail on the right side (muzzle pointing away from you) and see if you have a CRACK above the trigger pivot hole, that looks like this!

Attachment 177211

Mine went about 2000 rounds of CIP-Euro ball and heavy bullet handloads before failing. Beretta no longer fixes or replaces these, so if you ignore the factory warnings about avoiding ammo producing above 130-ft.-lbs. factory rating (like the Buffalo Bore), then you are on your own nickel.

For the curious, my new "Church Gun" is a Ruger LCP in .380, which is a locked breech and mine has so far run 1000 rounds with no drips, runs or errors.

There is a reason for a manufacturers disclaimers. Violating said disclaimers is on the head of those doing so. Why should any manufacturer be held responsible for one using any product outside of designed limits? Welcome to modern America where that no longer means a thing.

Here's one of my favorite .32s

Early Steel Stock panels Savage, and it is a little sweetie, too. It was totally gummed up and had a broken Recoil Spring in it when I got it, so, I dismantled and cleaned things and got fresh lube in it, and I put in some new Wolf Springs and it runs really nice with any of the peppier Cartridges.

Stove pipes 100 percent of the time with the box of Winchester 'Silvertips' I tried, but Sellier & Belloit and Magtech and Lapua I think, they all run perfectly.

I might ust get into loading for it one of these days.

Hosted on Fotki

Old worn ( but not too brutal ) reblue, Model 1899 S & W K Frame in .32 20.

I am reloading for this one presently ( with Black Powder, just for fun, and just to see what they clock at ) but have not got out to the Range yet to try it out yet.

Hosted on Fotki

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S&W .32s 9-22-16.jpg 
Views:	391 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	177254

My .32 assortment.

One more...

'Iver Johnson', 3rd Model, 'Bicycle Gun'

Hosted on Fotki

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast