RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading Everything
Load DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Wideners
Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Please show off you're .32's

Boolit Master

Please show off you're .32's

I'm playing with ways to take better gun photos, and I thought I would start with a couple of my .32's. I have others, but these two were handy when I was at the shop the other day.

Please post your .32 photos here, and tell us about the guns. I'll add some more when I have the chance as well.

The first one is a Rossi Model 239. Very few of these were made, this one made it from Brazil to Canada, and then to the US. It's chambered for .32 S&W long, and has proven to be exceptionally accurate with loads that it likes, but very finicky about what it likes. It's showing promise with the 31133, and that's good news for this as a small game gun.

The second gun as a Taurus model 741 stainless in .32 H&R mag. This one was made in '92. I've got some brass for the mag now, but I still haven't loaded any, so the gun has only seen .32 long loads. This is one of the least picky guns I've shot, it shoots everything well at every velocity. It finds it's way with me most every time I'm able to find my way to the woods. My normal load for it is a lyman 313631 over a load of 2.0 grains of tite-group in a 32 long case.

Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Boolit Master
    Gosh, I still love that Rossi. You ever want to part with it, let me know. Here are 4 of mine. Nothing special. Ruger Buckeye 32, NEF R93 snubbie 32 Mag, H&R 732 4" 32 Long, and a Taurus 32 Mag that I think is an early 741 but it isn't marked. Pic isn't very good, just something I took recently. Love the Ruger and Taurus, but the throats are so much larger on the taurus that I gotta size differently for each one. Been shooting Ranchdog's 115 gr 32 mostly, but am working on my NOE 32 Keith HP now.

Lyman 22596,225107,225353,225438,225415,225450,225646, 225462,228367,244203,245496,245497,245498,245499 RCBS 22-55-SP,22-55-FP,243-95-SP,243-100-FP, NEI 100244GC-#14, 55 224 GC-#4,225 45-#3 PB, NOE 22-055 SP,MX2-243,Saeco 221 & 243, RD TLC225-50-RF,Lee 22 Bator 6c & 2c HP. Love casting small boolits, let me know if you have one that I don't that you would part with!

Boolit Master
    BCall,

That's a nice little collection!

I think the Taurus you have is a model 76 or 761 actually. One was the magnum, one the .32 long, but I can't recall which was which. It's about the same as a K-frame right? The 741 that I have is more J-frame sized. I've been on the lookout for one of the tauruses like yours for a while, no luck yet though.

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Boolit Master in Heaven's Range HammerMTB's Avatar
    This is the only .32 in my collection. It is an early Colt 1903. It has some provenance within the family so it will never leave the home, but a .32 ACP seems d@mn near worthless as a firearm anyway. It'd make a puny hammer, but not much more. I took it out to the pit and shot it a bit, and bullets would bounce off a 5 gallon plastic bucket if it hit off to the side.

Boolit Bub
    This is my only one, a 32-20 S&W Model 1905. A neat little gun.

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Boolit Grand Master

I've gone through numerous S&W K frame .32s and when I picked up the Ruger SS .32 H&R Magnum I didn't care for the larger K frames. Kept the M31 J frame and a 10" Contender barrel. Both the Ruger and S&W are excellent "trail guns" for plinking and small game. Many a cow pie and ground squirrel has fallen to both along with an occasional grouse or brush bunny for the pot. The Contender barrel is amazingly accurate.

Larry Gibson
    Last edited by Larry Gibson; 10-25-2011 at 12:44 PM.

Boolit Master
    You guys are posting some really nice guns! Wayne, if you come across another K-32, let me know!

Here's a couple baby Vaq's in 32mag. & a 327 blackhawk. I like the 32's a lot, handload mild to wild. Just wish I had more time to shoot them.

Ruger New Model Single Six in .32 H&R built by Alan Harton of Single Action Service in Houston

Bird's Head gripframe. Grips since changed to custom black micarta. Bisley hammer, Belt Mountain base pin, Smith & Wesson rear sight, Harton built front sight with brass bead. Complete action, trigger and accuracy job. Like every gun I have seen Alan work over it has a trigger that will bring a tear to your eye and is an absolute tack driver and a joy to carry all day in the field carried in an A.E. Nelson crossdraw rig with thumb break:

Boolit Grand Master
    Gotta make some photos of the Mid-Caliber Gunsafe Cotillion.

Don't sell the 32 ACP short as a field caliber for small game and varmints. The caliber is a darn sight more accurate than any 380 ACP, and a good example like my Walther PP (1965) will drive tacks. The sights on those 1903 Colts are pretty primitive, but if they can be mastered the pistols can hit very well.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master

Mine

Last edited by No_1; 06-14-2016 at 04:47 AM.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Master

I ran near 100 rounds through the 3in. nickle Model 30 the other night and it did great!
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Master
    These guns look great!

Markbo, that is a super looking single six. I'm sure it's a great gun in the woods!

Here's my .32 H&R Mag. I see that she is not as rare as I previously thought. I also have a smith top break in .32 short but I don't have a pic of it right now.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0286.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	34621
    Nathan

Casting and reloading novice

Boolit Grand Master

I, too, am a .32 fan. Here's a couple of mine:

This is an S&W 16-4 (6") .32 H&R Mag with a Red Dot sight:

This is a Ruger SP 101 .32 H&R mag (4") with a Red Dot sight:

And finally, this is an S&W Model 631 (4") .32 H&R Mag

I shoot them all and have enjoyed them for many trips in the field as well as to the range.

Dale53

Cute litte I frame looks good enough to eat

Boolit Master
    Dale, That model 16-4 is making me drool a little bit!

I shot a couple of the .32's yesterday, and it does look like the Rossi is liking that 31133. It drops at 108 grains and .313 with my alloy. lubed in a .313 sizing die it just kisses the die as it takes it's lube. The rossi shot it into 2" hand held at 20 yards in an indoor range that was so dark I could barely see my sights. That's somewhat better than I can shoot, so I tried it again, and it did the same. Color me happy with that gun and that bullet.

Boolit Master
    Another of the "cheapie" .32's

Boolit Buddy
    S&W 1 1/2 in 32 S&W. Original nickle finish is about 95%. It looks unfired to me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails test.jpg  

Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast