Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackbox
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline FabricationLee Precision
RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 32 S&W(short) load data and bullet molds

Once upon a time my sister and I were shooting Remington factory loads in a S&W hammerless with the squeeze safety on the back of the grip.
    The pop can being used for a target tipped over when shot and the next shot was captured by the formed rim on the can's bottom, the light weight can flipping through the air in response to absorbing the boolit's energy. Those were probably 88 grain, a standard swaged Remington boolit back then.

Ah ha, found the picture was looking for... used to shoot these in a 1849 Colt.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31s.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	231558

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Back in the day my brother and I made .32 revolver bullets using a home-made hammer swage, using a piece of 1/4" boiler plate bolted to the bench top through which we had drilled a 5/16" hole through the boiler plate, chamfering the leading edge well with a countersink, then polishing the hole with 240-grit emery cloth wrapped around a spike, matching the sizing die hole with a larger 3/8" hole drilled through the wooden bench top. The little "bullets" came out about .315".

Lay a piece of 00 buckshot over the countersunk hole. Smack buckshot flush to plate with a hammer. Then drive rest of the way through the hole with a 1/4" punch. Catch your "bullets" on a folded towel placed inside a paint can. Then slide the folded towel out and tumble-lube your "bullets" with JPW or Glo-Coat floor wax, sloshing them around in the paint can. A 5 lb. bag of hardware store buckshot lasted us all through high school in the 1960s on our trap line.

We decapped fired cases with a nail and mallet, no need to resize. Reprimed cases on a steel plate with same hammer and 1/4" brass rod. Used a .22 short case as a dip measure for 1.2-1.5 grains of Bullseye. Push bullets flush to case mouth. Roll crimp by placing case mouth over our bullet sizing plate and tapping GENTLY with the rawhide mallet just a wee bit.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    Needs must Outpost, great times.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Master
    I tried the traditional powders that work in the 32 short. Trailboss got the best velocity. 1.5gr behind a lee 90gr. Only mold I have that works, dont shoot it enough to invest in another mold.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Four Fingers of Death View Post
    I just bought an Astra 32S& W Revolver (Spanish made). I swapped it for a lever rifle I haven't used in many years (and have two of). It came with Lee dies, 1000 commercial wadcutters, 450 loaded rounds (my friend who is a reliable reloader) and 400 new brass cases. I will have to grind off that raised bit on the trigger guard, it whacks the tripe out of my knuckle (big hands, little gun). I'm looking forward to lots of economical target shooting.

Looks like you're set!
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Picked up a new in the box Uberti 1849 a couple few months back.
    Just found out I can get a conversion cylinder for it... now wouldn't that just be the cat's meow.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    It would make a dandy little gun Good Cheer.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Mold

Got 2 H&R topbreaks one a premier the other hammerless. Both are from around the 20's and in great shape. This was just the thread I was looking for to see what mold people were using. I plan on using the same mold for my 32 autos and if my cz52 slugs right that as well. Most of my casting will be for these cartridges though I do have a 230gr 45 mold and will eventually find one for the rest of my calibers.

Boolit Master
    Fired both my 32 S & W's today. Was checking here for powder charges to load more ammo. A new model 1 1/2 and a fourth Model double action. I am suggesting to my wife to use the Fourth Model instead of her Walther P22.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123