MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWidenersTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingLoad DataLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

Thread: I did it......................

Boolit Man

I did it......................

Yep, I called Shiloh yesterday and bought one the the rifles they had in stock.

A Hartford in .45-70, plain wood, Metal shotgun buttstock and a 30" heavy octagon barrel. No cheekpiece, double set triggers. Exactly what I wanted. I got the #130 MVA elevation/windage hunting sport aperature and the flip up front sight with the blade and small hooded pin. Something that looks real good, but not fancy enough to be a safe queen. I don't own any of those. Everything I have has spent a lot of time in the field or in my arms going through the woods. I wanted something that brought me a big smile everytime I picked it up but wouldn't bring me down if a nick showed up somewhere.

I can't remember being this enthused about anything in a long time. They're shipping it Monday. It's going to be hot here this weekend, so it looks like a good time to sit upstairs at the reloading bench and roll a bunch of BP loads. Whooppeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought quite a bit about the sights before I picked them, but I wanted good hunters along with quite a bit of informal target shooting. If I choose in the future I can always get something more refined. The rifle will certainly be up for it.

I've worked for over 50 years now, and feel like cashing in a little.

Sheez, even at my age, waiting is a chore.
    de k8bor

dave

Congratulations k8bor------------------i'm trying to wear out a Shiloh as well ---------- have fun and watch your case length ----- the Shiloh chamber sometimes needs a bit longer than standard brass to prevent lead rings-----fire form them and check the lengths before doing any trimming

keep on havin fun

dave

Boolit Man
    Congratulations indeed. When the Quigley shoot got rained out, we had some extra time so we went to Big Timber and Bob gave us a super tour. Great products and really nice people. I started shooting BPCR a couple of years ago and it is for sure the most fun you can with your clothes on. Good luck with yours and post when you get to shoot it. Good luck and have lots of fun, Mike

Good stuff mate!

Look forward to your pics and adventures with this fine rifle.

I just ordered a Pedersoli Quigley in 45-120, on lay by though, it will take me a few months to pay it off.

As they say though, 'there are no pockets in a coffin!'

Mike

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by k8bor View Post

Sheez, even at my age, waiting is a chore.
    No mate, that is what destinguishes you (and me/us) from the rich guy!
    The thrill that kids have just before xmas.
    The same thrill that you have just after you have made a good kill and is waiting to pick it up.

If you loose that feeling then you're turly dead on the inside!!!

well said chicken thief...that thrill and butterfly in the belly is what drives us to stay off the beatin path of life....otherwise it would be jacketed and smokless...or just store bought...yuk !!!