Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading Everything
Inline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Wideners Repackbox
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pat's 45 PB GC Maker.

Pat's 45 PB GC Maker.

Has anyone recieved a 45 PB gas check maker from Pat? I know he is busy and dont want to bother him. I had mine on order since January.

Not a 45, but I have a .30 on order but it's only been a little over a month. I thought he was shipping all of the .30 cal orders but haven't seen it yet. It's kinda like ordering from the CMP and waiting for the little truck.....
    314th Air Divsion
    20th Tactical Air Support Squadron
    RVN 67-68 & 68-69

Personal and Up "Close Air Support"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pistolman44 View Post
    Has anyone recieved a 45 PB gas check maker from Pat? I know he is busy and dont want to bother him. I had mine on order since January.
    Last I knew Pat is machining the parts for the 45 Cal dies but doesn't have them all put together yet. With him having two machines dedicated and running for dies at the present time I hope it's not much longer............I'm eager too. He did say he would post when he's ready to ship but I can't remember what thread it is with production progress.

Moderator Emeritus

I know in my heart that Pat is doin' the best he can to get perfectly working tools finished and shipped out. I have had a 44PB checkmaker die on a prepaid order since Jan 2011 and I'll wait til it is done, It's the best checkmaker tool out there...worth the wait. I have a couple other checkmakers I bought from Pat last summer...They are awesome tools.

IIRC, He had a Mass update in June, saying he was running some parts for 45 and 44 and others all at the same time. I know he has a large backlog and I assume he runs many similar parts for different calibers at the same time...So I further assume there will be a deluge of finished checkmakers in the near future and alot of happy customers.

the last Mass update Pat had was 4th of July
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=121098

Good Luck Pat,
    we're pullin' for you
    Jon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Buddy
    I can only say this. I will patiently wait for Pat to get caught up on his work. I have never been burned before on anything I've purchased on line. I believe that is cause for faith on my part. I figure that it will be a lot less stressful for Pat, and me as well, to just be patient.

I am not telling anyone else that is what they should do, but that is what I will do. If receiving a 45 PB Checkmaker and being able to enjoy it after it arrives is not your goal then I would simply inquire of Pat about a refund.

I have a friend, who I respect, but who if he doesn't receive a part in 3 days that was supposed to be shipped immediately he goes off the chart making calls and raising hell.

I'd hate to get so worked up that when the checkmaker arrived I got mad every time I looked at it. Some will understand what I'm saying. Others won't....Mike

I understand exactly what you're saying, Mike. And I couldn't agree more.

I've been attending the SHOT Show every year it's been in Las Vegas since 1991. People would be amazed at how many known names in the firearms business are one man shops. Some of the "larger names" are no more than a couple of people working in a small shop in either a garage or small industrial complex. I've called some of the known name brand products companies and in one instance the owner's wife answered and said he had gone to the bank and would be back in about an hour. The conversation was complete with a baby crying in the background.... I later talked to him at the next SHOT Show and we both laughed about it.

My point is, a person can only produce so much work. It's sometime right at the point where one person can't handle it, but it's not enough to justify hiring another person, with the associated headaches of being an "employer". The work will get done, but not today, and probably not tomorrow, but it will get done and we'll get our product. The end result will be worth the wait. The other two Checkmakers I've purchased from Pat have lived up to my expectations, as will the one I'm waiting patiently for now.......

Hope this helps.

Fred

Boolit Master
    I've had a 338 checkmaker on order prepaid since 11-2-10. I have no doubt he will get it done, as I've done business with him before. Since the 338 is a low demand size, I expect to be on back burner, but yeah, I sure hope he gets things sorted out soon. My only real worry is if my paper work gets lost, how would I know?
    I managed to scrounge 1K Hornady 338 checks a while a go, so I'm good for a bit. And I'm not gonna allow myself to lose sleep over 80 bucks.
    Dutch

"The future ain't what it used to be".
    -Yogi Berra.

Boolit Master
    Pat,

I've had no dealings with you but know of you by reputation---I hope you don't let one customer upset you too much, as such things often happen when dealing with the public.

You make a valuable product at a decent cost that many enjoy useing... Success often creates logistical problems not anticipated or expected... I wish you all the best...don't let it get you down.

Banned

Thank you for the kind word Wally. We had posted nearly the same time.

Banned

For folks who have no idea what I go through here's an example..

I just destroyed a boring bar from a programming error. Destroyed a 5C collet and stock as well. I just learned I do not have a back up bar. That was the backup bar, and I forgot to reorder,.

What makes this a relatively big deal is the nearest city is 3 hour drive one way. That city does not have the boring bars I use. So that means I have to order one here online from back east. Being it's Thursday, this means it won't be here until next week. There is no overnight service here (you can pay for it, but you won't get it).

So all the die parts I'm running with that bar has stopped. We have to drive 40 miles round trip just to pick up the bar when it arrives. There are no services here no mail delivery. Try building a business under those conditions. Walk in my shoes for a day.

I apologize for the delays this will cause.

Pat

Super Moderator

............Heck, buy a lathe for $4,500, a milling machine for $9,000 (both manual), then tool'em up to get started for another $3 -4 grand, stock several hundred bucks in materials and you're off to the races my friend! ANYONE can do it Of course life has a tendency to intervene, eh? We watch our 16 month old grand daughter 2 days/1 night every other week, and 1 day the other weeks. Then the MIL isn't doing too well so Visiting Angels come 4 days a week but I spend 1 night a week there, the wife 2, and the brother and sister in law pick up the other 4.

Of course now, busting tools due to improper programing is the programer's fault, and I'd make HIM pay for the tool and down time. Oh, that's right! It's YOU! Bummer dude! Just be thankfull and remember, all that stuff is pretty cheap and available at any WalMart or the corner hardware store.

.............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master

hey Lee is set up and they take 6 months. If you want it next day place order 2 yrs back and when you get it open the NEXT day

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    ............Heck, buy a lathe for $4,500, a milling machine for $9,000 (both manual), then tool'em up to get started for another $3 -4 grand, stock several hundred bucks in materials and you're off to the races my friend! ANYONE can do it Of course life has a tendency to intervene, eh? We watch our 16 month old grand daughter 2 days/1 night every other week, and 1 day the other weeks. Then the MIL isn't doing too well so Visiting Angels come 4 days a week but I spend 1 night a week there, the wife 2, and the brother and sister in law pick up the other 4.

Of course now, busting tools due to improper programing is the programer's fault, and I'd make HIM pay for the tool and down time. Oh, that's right! It's YOU! Bummer dude! Just be thankfull and remember, all that stuff is pretty cheap and available at any WalMart or the corner hardware store.

.............Buckshot
    HEHE!! LOL. My kind of sarcasm Buckshot. Always like to see someone who can see humor in most anything. Even the dark side. We need to not let this situation Pat is facing divide us. Bearing with him will ultimately reap rewards for us here at castboolits, and understanding why is key.
    Dutch

"The future ain't what it used to be".
    -Yogi Berra.

Banned

Yep- I really need to fire that programmer!

Hang in folks- 45 is coming, along with Dutch's 338 that would have went out today cept for that darn programmer. No kiddn'- that run was 45 and 338 fem dies including dutch's female die!

In Remembrance

Suppliers

Quote Originally Posted by PatMarlin View Post
    For folks who have no idea what I go through here's an example..

I just destroyed a boring bar from a programming error. Destroyed a 5C collet and stock as well. I just learned I do not have a back up bar. That was the backup bar, and I forgot to reorder,.

What makes this a relatively big deal is the nearest city is 3 hour drive one way. That city does not have the boring bars I use. So that means I have to order one here online from back east. Being it's Thursday, this means it won't be here until next week. There is no overnight service here (you can pay for it, but you won't get it).

So all the die parts I'm running with that bar has stopped. We have to drive 40 miles round trip just to pick up the bar when it arrives. There are no services here no mail delivery. Try building a business under those conditions. Walk in my shoes for a day.

I apologize for the delays this will cause.

Pat
    Great suppliers close to where you live!
    http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INPDFF?P...PARTPG=INLMK32 http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INPDFF?P...PARTPG=INLMK32 Hope that can help !

Banned

Yep-

I buy everything from Enco accept for 3 styles of boring bars they do not carry,.

Super Moderator

............Yeah and I just missed Enco's 15% off your entire order PLUS free shipping deal. Was only 2 days but I skimmed over it checking e-mail's the first day, and didn't see it until 2030 the next day. Their 'Midnight' is 2100 CA time. Bummer!

................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    ............Yeah and I just missed Enco's 15% off your entire order PLUS free shipping deal. Was only 2 days but I skimmed over it checking e-mail's the first day, and didn't see it until 2030 the next day. Their 'Midnight' is 2100 CA time. Bummer!

................Buckshot
    They had that sale a while back and I coulda got a 6" KURT vise shipped for bout' $350. I need one, but had to pass at the moment but holy COW! That's a deal.

One notable mention...

Guys realize that I haven't even reached my stride yet. I'm still going through all the tasks of setting up initial production. I have 3 CNC machines here, and only one just now programmed and fully tooled up 100%. Haven't scratched the surface.

When I get rolling full clip here, my product capability will be impressive. There won't be any long waits, and I will have much product in stock- ready to have my wife ship at a moments notice.

I've put in many hours and dollars to get organized to do this, and it will happen.
    Last edited by PatMarlin; 07-31-2011 at 12:25 PM.

Hang in there, Pat. Without the trials and tribulations you wouldn't have any good stories to tell during your "golden years".

I'm sure it's painful to have two machines setting there silent. Things will come together at some point in the near future and you'll be on your way!

Take care,

Fred

Banned

THanks Fred.

It's customers like you that have kept me going. Really. I think many guys would have walked away. I sure felt like it at times.

I've got the second lathe already making nice ejector pins, and as time allows I will be running more parts with that machine until it does everything. It just takes time. No way around it.

The third is my CNC mill that will primarily be making the ROCKDock™ and my Marlette dies. I just relocated the service panel and installed the control in it yesterday. Should have it online soon.

The great thing with CNC is I have a machine running continuously- making Checkmaker™ die parts while I'm doing other tasks.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast