Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingInline FabricationWideners
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What's Your Other Hobby?

Boolit Master

What's Your Other Hobby?

So what is your other hobby or hobbies besides boolit casting/shooting?

I plant trees...American Chestnuts, Paw Paws, Hickories, Butternuts, whatever is out of the ordinary, native to the U.S. and strikes my fancy.

I would like to get back into flytying...

Moderator Emeritus

Making LED lights and Knife making.
    Reloading Data Project - (in retirement)
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/reloadersrfrnce/

Boolit Master

.........there's other hobbies?

d

Boolit Mold

Wine making.

Banned

I tied flies and flyfished for years, but life happened and haven't done it in a very long time. Model rocketry, old Chevy trucks, rock crawling (trail rides, jeeping, etc.), building our house, and woodcraft keep me busy when not playing with boolits.

Gear

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    Talking to you guys! ... felix
    felix

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lancojames View Post
    Wine making.
    Did a lot of that, too, back in college when my roomate and I were both underage. Used the attic space above the acoustic tiles to make meade and apple cider by the 5-gallon jug.

Gear

Boolit Buddy

Brazilian jiu-jitsu.

Boolit Grand Master
    Fly tying and fishing. Hunting. Doing house projects to keep my wife happy.
    I just have a need to keep busy much of the time. I use these to get my mind off work.

Boolit Master
    Bowfin -- I used to fly sailplanes for about six years (flew in Georgia, Tennessee, California, Alabama, and England), but haven't done that in a while (couldn't afford it during graduate school, then got married and had kids... didn't seem prudent). It's probably the one past hobby I really miss.

Presently I pursue wild mushroom hunting, amateur pyrotechnics, all kinds of hunting, all kinds of fishing, and working with my GSP bird dog Tyler.

That and raising our two kids keeps me mostly out of trouble.

Will, now that we've seen your outstanding lights, are you going to share some examples of your knife work with us?

Best regards,
    DrB

Boolit Master
    Boating is my other main hobby, fishing as a sideline from that. but playing with the grandkids is absolutely the best!
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

Boolit Master
    Motorcycles,o guage trains and my grand kids.

Boolit Master
    Old Cars, 2 cylinder John Deeres, country living.

bowfin, I like to plant trees also. In 1992 I planted some of the big (mammoth) Hickory Nuts from the Amanas. In the spring of 1993 they sprouted and I have 10 of them about 30 feet tall and two years ago they had their first nuts. In July of 1993 we had one of our historic floods and the parent trees were destroyed.

In 1999 my wife and I were at the Octoberfest in Guttenberg, Iowa where they had an open house at the lock and damn. They had a Buckeye tree there with huge nuts so I took some. I have three of them growing at my place now but they are slow growing. The parent tree was torn down for expansion to the lock and damn.

When my youngest son was in 6th grade they planted locust tree seeds in styrofoam cups. His tree is now a good 40 feet high at our place.

Thirty years ago my wife and I planted hundreds of evergreen and oak seedlings from the state. They have turned into nice looking trees now. I like searching the old pristeen untouched timbers for nut seeds.

We live on 6acres but have run out of tree space.

Boolit Master
    I've had many hobbies over the years but only these have continued,- firearms including casting, reloading, woodworking, machining.
    Paul G.
    Once I was young, now I am old and in between went by way to fast.

The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
    -- R. Buckminster Fuller

Wink Home Theater to the Max

JBL Pro home theater, with a mix of AB Systems and BGW Sensurround amps. Using an Intgra DHC 80.2, that's 9.2 channels into 20 amps at 7600 watts. Thats driven into the three front channels, the two front high left right, and the 14 surround speakers.

What can I say, when Chicago's Museum of Science and Industry went IMAX ~ 3 1/2 years ago I acquired all of their old school stereo amps and 36 JBL Pro drivers. All in all my home theater has the same equipment as a 300 seat commercial theater.

My wife; of course; thinks I'm nuts. Certifiably insane about sound. Did I add I have a hearing loss in my left ear? My house always rumbles as the two JBL Pro 4645B 18" subs at 900 WPC go infrasonic at 15HZ.

The new "The Day the Earth Stood Still" was fantastic as Gort stepped out of the sphere.
    Last edited by lgvenable; 07-30-2011 at 12:06 PM.

Cars, motorcycle, pets, build plastic models, cycling, snow boarding... wait, I have a bunch of other hobbies that I divide my time between. I suppose those listed are the ones I am most active with.

Hunting and fishing when I get a chance, playing guitar, airsoft, volunteering with my wife’s Blue Star Moms group to help support the Troops and their families.

oh, and chasing my grandson around

Aint casting, loading shooting enough? My "spare" time is spent fixing lawn mowers, vehicles, tractors, doors, pumps, toilets etc etc. It is always something around here! When I need to get away from it I go fix things for single women that cannot help themselves.
    Jay
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Boolit Bub
    Hunting, Fishing, and a lot of metal detecting with my brother (he has found 7 gold coins in the last year)

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast