RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWidenersInline Fabrication
Load DataSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ruger No 1 in 303 British?

Banned
    I sold a Browning custom highwall in 40-82 to an Aussie in 2015 with no problem.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    I tried some Hornady 174Gn RN bullets on Sunday. They got 2" groups, but the aiming point on the target was a 1" red dot and not as visible as I'd like with the 6x Leupold. That is the only jacketed bullet I have tried that is close to a reasonable group. The range is closed for a few weeks (we are attached to a big race track and there is a bf race week preparations, race week and clean up). I will try and get some more of these and a target with a better aiming point and try again. Once that is sorted I will concentrate on cast boolits. I only have a Lee mould at present, I will start with that.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

I have not tried the Hornady 174's in mine yet, but I did procure some recently and will try them soon. I have been using the Speer 150 gr. HCSP with pretty good luck. I have gotten them as tight as 1.5" at 100 yds for 5 shots, but the norm is closer to 2.5. I wonder if Hornady's .312 will make any difference with Speer's .311. Only trying it will tell for sure. With that being said, I LOVE my Ruger #1 in 303 British. I just killed my second elk with it the other day, and I think it is up to 5 or 6 deer (wife steals it sometimes) by now, all using the Speer 150 grainer and Varget powder. JW

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    I was using Varget as well. It is made here and sold as AR2208, but Varget everywhere else (except NZ). The range is open next week, but when I was at the big gunshop in Brisbane recently, I plumb forgot to buy the Hornady bullets.

I ended up walking out with 1000 Federal American Eagle 45ACP cartridges, at cheaper than brass prices, so all was not lost, haha!
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234