Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWideners
RepackboxSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading

Thread: 3n37 in .45 ACP

3n37 in .45 ACP

I know it is probably too slow, but has anyone tried VV 3n37 in lead 45 loads?
    Lapua lists data for jacketed 200 (6.5-7.4) and 230 (5.7-6.6). It is listed by Lyman to be # 34 on their burn rate. #s 30- 33 are as follows: power pistol, n340, sr-4756, an 800x respectively. Blue dot is listed at #40. I would like to use 3n37 for higher end loads with the Mihec 452-200 HP.
    For comparison, the Mihec bullet measures .580" long while the Lyman 452460 measures .5875 long. I load them to 1.2". Incase anyone wants to run those through a program.
    As always, I'll take any loads as something to use at my own risk, but if anyone has a load listed in their manual, let me know so I can get that manual for myself. It is hard to find VV data and lead data together. I'll stop there, any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    EagleOtto
    Last edited by eagleotto; 07-06-2011 at 09:32 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

VV powders are too expensive for me. Max (or near) velocity can be obtained with Unique in this
    cartridge.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

I was given some and I agree it's too expensive. Because of that I don't want it to go to waste. I would like to use it for cast in 9mm, 40, and 45 acp. The .45 acp is proving difficult. Like I said, was hoping someone had experience with it, good or bad. I do plan on trying 6.1 gr of unique though.

I've used it a bit in 45 ACP. I worked up a couple loads with a 200gr SWC (Mihec's H&G 68 clone), and the results were satisfactory accuracy-wise. I did have lots of unburned powder, but that was to be expected, as I never went beyond middle-weight charges.

Long story short, yes, 3N37 can be used for 45 ACP, although I find 3N37 to work best in 9mm Luger, 40 S&W, and 357 Magnum, at higher velocities than the 45 ACP.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." – Benjamin Franklin

Thank you!

I was hoping someone had some data in a manual. I've gotten several, just hard to get VV and cast data together. Your experience sounds like what I expected. I was wanting to test it some, but I will ignore it for this application. Besides, I still have to test titegroup, 231, unique, power pistol, red dot and plenty more. Once again, thank you, much appreciative. I might have to pick your brain later about the 9mm and 40 loads you had success with if that would not be a problem.
    Last edited by eagleotto; 08-22-2013 at 12:30 AM. Reason: spelling