RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionWidenersLoad DataReloading Everything
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Lyman 429215

Lyman 429215

I'm thinking of using a different bullet in my .44 Marlin. All this talk about the 1 in 38 twist is making me think I'd be better off with a lighter bullet. Something like the Lyman 429215 comes to mind. Before I rush out and buy one, do any of you already cast that one? Could I buy a hundred or so from you, sized .433 if possible? Or some other brand of about the same size.

Boolit Master

Other light weight 44s

I have two 429215 DC molds. One is the first mold I ever owned and has cast many, MANY thousand bullets. I can't even figure the trade that produced the second mold. I wish I could figure out which is which, I wiould like to sell the extra.

How about the 200 or 214 grain plain based mold from Lee? Six at a time is the way to go!

I would cast you some WW bullets from either, but do not have a sizing die over 0.431"
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Lyman 429215

Quote Originally Posted by TCLouis
    I have two 429215 DC molds. One is the first mold I ever owned and has cast many, MANY thousand bullets. I can't even figure the trade that produced the second mold. I wish I could figure out which is which, I wiould like to sell the extra.

How about the 200 or 214 grain plain based mold from Lee? Six at a time is the way to go!

I would cast you some WW bullets from either, but do not have a sizing die over 0.431"
    If you would cast up some from the Lyman mold, I have a .433 sizer, courtesy of Lee. I also have gas checks. Send me a PM and I will send you some money and my address. If this bullet works out, I'm going to buy a 4 banger.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Scrounger
    If you would cast up some from the Lyman mold, I have a .433 sizer, courtesy of Lee. I also have gas checks. Send me a PM and I will send you some money and my address. If this bullet works out, I'm going to buy a 4 banger.
    Before you buy a new 4 banger, I have a used one for sale, I've had it about 10 years with about 300 boolets thru it (don't shoot my 44 much anymore)
    Not sure what size it casts, you will have the same problem with a new one.
    Comes with handles and box, $60 shipped to you.
    PM me here or: lcanary@entek.net if your interested.

Calamity Jake
    Calamity Jake

NRA Life Member
    SASS 15704
    Shoot straight, keepem in the ten ring.

Question

How heavy are those boolits? Is it a SWC profile?

Inquiring minds want to know!
    “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life” – John 3:16

That still amazes me…I don’t care who you are or how much I care about you, I would never let you kill my son. I can’t even begin to understand how much He loves us.

Lyman 429215

Quote Originally Posted by Cayoot
    How heavy are those boolits? Is it a SWC profile?

Inquiring minds want to know!
    Depends upon alloy, of course, but nominal weight is 215 grains.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrounger
    Depends upon alloy, of course, but nominal weight is 215 grains.

Thank you!
    “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life” – John 3:16

That still amazes me…I don’t care who you are or how much I care about you, I would never let you kill my son. I can’t even begin to understand how much He loves us.