Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
StainLess Steel MediaInline FabricationGraf & SonsBallisti-Cast
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Lyman 429215

  1. #1
    Boolit Master Scrounger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Area 51
    Posts
    5,344

    Lyman 429215

    I'm thinking of using a different bullet in my .44 Marlin. All this talk about the 1 in 38 twist is making me think I'd be better off with a lighter bullet. Something like the Lyman 429215 comes to mind. Before I rush out and buy one, do any of you already cast that one? Could I buy a hundred or so from you, sized .433 if possible? Or some other brand of about the same size.

  2. #2
    Boolit Master TCLouis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Middle middle TN
    Posts
    3,899

    Other light weight 44s

    I have two 429215 DC molds. One is the first mold I ever owned and has cast many, MANY thousand bullets. I can't even figure the trade that produced the second mold. I wish I could figure out which is which, I wiould like to sell the extra.

    How about the 200 or 214 grain plain based mold from Lee? Six at a time is the way to go!

    I would cast you some WW bullets from either, but do not have a sizing die over 0.431"
    When one must, one can

  3. #3
    Boolit Master Scrounger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Area 51
    Posts
    5,344

    Lyman 429215

    Quote Originally Posted by TCLouis
    I have two 429215 DC molds. One is the first mold I ever owned and has cast many, MANY thousand bullets. I can't even figure the trade that produced the second mold. I wish I could figure out which is which, I wiould like to sell the extra.

    How about the 200 or 214 grain plain based mold from Lee? Six at a time is the way to go!

    I would cast you some WW bullets from either, but do not have a sizing die over 0.431"
    If you would cast up some from the Lyman mold, I have a .433 sizer, courtesy of Lee. I also have gas checks. Send me a PM and I will send you some money and my address. If this bullet works out, I'm going to buy a 4 banger.

  4. #4
    Boolit Master

    Calamity Jake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Okla. City
    Posts
    2,192

    429215

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrounger
    If you would cast up some from the Lyman mold, I have a .433 sizer, courtesy of Lee. I also have gas checks. Send me a PM and I will send you some money and my address. If this bullet works out, I'm going to buy a 4 banger.
    Before you buy a new 4 banger, I have a used one for sale, I've had it about 10 years with about 300 boolets thru it (don't shoot my 44 much anymore)
    Not sure what size it casts, you will have the same problem with a new one.
    Comes with handles and box, $60 shipped to you.
    PM me here or: lcanary@entek.net if your interested.

    Calamity Jake
    Calamity Jake

    NRA Life Member
    SASS 15704
    Shoot straight, keepem in the ten ring.

  5. #5
    I'm A Honcho! Cayoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula
    Posts
    771

    Question

    How heavy are those boolits? Is it a SWC profile?

    Inquiring minds want to know!
    “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life” – John 3:16

    That still amazes me…I don’t care who you are or how much I care about you, I would never let you kill my son. I can’t even begin to understand how much He loves us.

  6. #6
    Boolit Master Scrounger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Area 51
    Posts
    5,344

    Lyman 429215

    Quote Originally Posted by Cayoot
    How heavy are those boolits? Is it a SWC profile?

    Inquiring minds want to know!
    Depends upon alloy, of course, but nominal weight is 215 grains.

  7. #7
    I'm A Honcho! Cayoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula
    Posts
    771
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrounger
    Depends upon alloy, of course, but nominal weight is 215 grains.

    Thank you!
    “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life” – John 3:16

    That still amazes me…I don’t care who you are or how much I care about you, I would never let you kill my son. I can’t even begin to understand how much He loves us.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Abbreviations used in Reloading

BP Bronze Point IMR Improved Military Rifle PTD Pointed
BR Bench Rest M Magnum RN Round Nose
BT Boat Tail PL Power-Lokt SP Soft Point
C Compressed Charge PR Primer SPCL Soft Point "Core-Lokt"
HP Hollow Point PSPCL Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt" C.O.L. Cartridge Overall Length
PSP Pointed Soft Point Spz Spitzer Point SBT Spitzer Boat Tail
LRN Lead Round Nose LWC Lead Wad Cutter LSWC Lead Semi Wad Cutter
GC Gas Check