Reloading EverythingLoad DataWidenersRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WOW, Generosity With Customer Service

Boolit Grand Master

WOW, Generosity With Customer Service

Seven months ago my Smith goofed and messed up the cylinder on my Ruger 30 Carbine. Can't blame him really, he has been my Smith for 30 years and this is the very first thing that wasn't perfection. He ordered a replacement cylinder (his dime) from Ruger and was told it would be awhile before they did a production run for the 30 Carbine. Ok, fine. We were being very patient but it’s been 7 months.

This morning Ruger called and said they may not do the 30 Carbine again, at least not in the foreseeable future. They said that because it has been so long and may not happen at all that instead of the replacement cylinder I could pick out anything in the 2011 catalog. FREE . . .

Free is good!

I’m going to go online to the Ruger web site; Ruger makes A LOT of variations of A LOT of different handguns, geez, I don’t even know where to start, far too many choices.

So I am open to suggestions. If Ruger made you this offer what would you pick and why?

A free Ruger . . . ITS CHRISTMAS TIME IN JULLY.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Grand Master
    Probably a 375 H&H Safari Magnum. Could always use a bolt 375 H&H. Otherwise, maybe one of the new 357 bolt guns.

Boolit Master
    It would have to be a Ruger Number One in a non varmint caliber.

I'm thinking the Number One International in 7x57mm.

Boolit Master

Talking

How about a number one in 30-30 Win for cast bullet shooting.

Boolit Grand Master

hehe . . . The Number 1 was the first thing I looked at on the Ruger web site but sadly I think they meant handgun.

There is no small number of #1's I would love to have.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    327 maggie, in the frame of your choice? ... felix
    felix

Boolit Master
    HI,
    Ruger has been good to me as well, 2 replacement parts for free.
    45 LC in a Redhawk?

In Remembrance
    Well just for grins ask them if you could pick out a #1 and just pay the difference. You never know till you try.
    Click to see what I'm doing and have available, this takes you to the VS (Vendor Sponsor) section of the site. Currently..25Rem,30Rem, 32Rem, 35Rem, 257Roberts, 358Win, 338Fed, 357 Herrett, 30 Herrett, 401 Winchester, 300Sav, 221 Fireball, 260Rem, 222Rem, 250 Savage, 8mm Mauser (AKA 8x57), 25-20WCF

Annealing Services

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...php?117-Grumpa

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    327 maggie, in the frame of your choice? ... felix
    Looking over the Ruger web site I have narrowed the list down to about 8 or 10. Near the top of the list is the 327 or a Bisley 7.5 inch 45 Colt. I have a Colt but only in a Marlin. The only 327 I've seen so far is in stainless with a 5.5 inch barrel. Stainless is fine but its a bit short for reaching out touching yonder rodent.

Also looking at the Mark III Comp slab sided bull barrel. Always kinda wanted one of those.

Make up the difference between the Bisley and a #1. That's an interesting idea and tempting. $800 Bisley - $1300 #1 = a $500 Rifle. Hhmmm . . .

So far the list just keeps growing. This ain't easy.

Rick

CRPA Life Member

I'd stay away from the .327, its going to be an orphan pretty soon.

Moderator Emeritus

This probably holds no interest for you, but that new Ruger Single Ten REALLY speaks to me. Id jump on that if I had been given the same offer you were.
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

Boolit Master
    Here's my list of handguns, from that particular website too: I want an LC9, tiny little packer, I want a 41 magnum stainless Hunter, and I want a 44 special Sherriff's model with 3" barrel.

That's the wish list, I already own the Blackhawk 41 mag with 6&1/2" barrel and the 44 Special Flattop (in classic blue, naturally). Oh, and they have a stainless double action in 45 Colt with a short barrel, one of those too, please!

Uh, yes, I spend too much time there.
    Ron
    In all, the .41 Magnum would be one of my top choices for an all-around handgun if I were allowed to have only one. - Bart Skelton

Boolit Buddy
    the marks are awesome pistols. with a couple extra clips and a speedloader, you can go through a brick of ammo in down right hurry, and it is very fun. it sucks for your revolver but it sounds like they take care of their customers.

heck of a predicament to be in...

matt

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by spqrzilla View Post
    IMHO that makes it more attractive to us. Brass will be available for quite a while, peridocally, but buy 500 cases and don't look back. Hell, I'm making brass for my Nagant out of 223 cases and don't have to!

To me, and admittedly I'm something of a guardhouse lawyer, "anything in the 2011 catalog" means exactly that. #1 International, here I would come, 7x57 of course. If they waffle then you decide if you want to push or back off. The worst they can do is say "no", and you haven't lost anything.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    Flat top 44sp. This is the revolver and caliber I've been hunting for 30+ years.
    Thanx, Tim Kelley
    SFC US Army (Ret)
    NRA Life

Still have noclue!

"IN GOD WE TRUST"

Moderator Emeritus

Hands down my choice would be the .45 Bisley. But then again, I always wanted one
    "The worst wheel of the cart makes the most noise." - Benjamin Franklin

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." - Thomas Jefferson

I had a Blackhawk that was blown up. I sent it to Ruger. They condemned it but offered me a brand new gun for $200. They bent over backwards. The lady I worked with claimed they built it for me as they did not have the one I wanted in stock and it would be a while until they ran them again.. I had to wait as it went to be test fired and sighted. She could have been blowing smoke up my skirt but it is a very nice .45 Colt 5.5" BH with .452 throats and .451 barrel. It has been perfect from day one!
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by spqrzilla View Post
    Yep, and they have been saying the same thing about the 45 Colt for about 80 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean D. View Post
    Hands down my choice would be the .45 Bisley. But then again, I always wanted one
    I am leaning hard on the Bisley also. And to think not long ago I got the Miha 45 270 SAA 4 cav. hhmmm . . . Now what to do with that mold?

Those ain't sheep, they just look like sheep, those is Rugers. Decisions, decisions, decisions, life is tough!

Rick

CRPA Life Member

Moderator Emeritus

I like the Super Redhawk Alaskan in 44
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    Yeah, if you're gonna get a .327Federal Magnum, ya might as well get a .480Ruger Magnum......

Good cartridges, niche calibers, one already on the junk heap, one destined to go there.

If ya want my opinion, I don't feel either deserve the junk heap designation...but that's just me...

P.S. FWIW I've been reading the .327 Fed ain't all it's stacked up to be. ....... just another cartridge generated w/o a use .....
    Last edited by Lee; 06-30-2011 at 10:45 PM. Reason: additional opinion...
    Been paddlin' upstream all my life, don't see no reason to turn around now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast