RotoMetals2Load DataWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Repackbox Lee Precision

Thread: Henry Levers and side gates

Henry Levers and side gates

Well, you guys got it. Henry is converting ALL of their legacy rifles to side gates. Will still keep the removable tube, but all will be converted to side gates in the future.
    Might want a new Henry soon....

RICE LAKE, WI ‐ American gunmaker Henry Repeating Arms is announcing a large transition in their product catalog with upgrades for their Wisconsin-made lever-action rifles and shotguns and new calibers and configurations for their H015 Single Shot firearms. In total, the announcement is replacing 29 “legacy” models in favor of newly upgraded versions and adding 3 new Single Shots to the Henry lineup.

Henry rifles float
    By popular demand, Henry Repeating Arms is replacing all steel‐framed centerfire lever‐action rifles and shotguns to include a side loading gate while still retaining the removable tube magazine based on the original Henry rifle patented in 1860. This open‐ended magazine design, first introduced with the Henry H024 Side Gate Lever Action in 2019, provides owners with the ability to conveniently load the magazine and keep it topped off through a port in the receiver and safely unload the magazine by twisting out the inner magazine tube. The transition applies to all of Henry' .30‐30 and .45‐70 rifles, .410 bore shotguns, and revolver caliber Big Boy rifles in their blued steel, All‐Weather, and Color Case Hardened finishes that do not already include a side loading gate.

"Ever since our fans and customers got a taste of a side loading Henry, the requests started rolling in immediately to include this feature on their favorite finish or caliber. These new models are going to make a lot of people very happy, and we are always going to have options for fans of our legacy configuration as well," states Anthony Imperato, president and owner of Henry Repeating Arms. Imperato continues, "The removable tube magazine is a core part of our product DNA, so that's not going anywhere, and fans of the classic brass and octagon barrel configurations will always be able to get that from us."

In addition to the new Side Gate models, Henry is announcing 2 new calibers for the H015 Single Shot Rifle with .350 Legend and .450 Bushmaster. For large game hunters in shotgun‐only areas, Henry is also releasing the Henry Single Shot Slug Barrel Shotgun in 12 gauge, which features a fully rifled barrel for use with shotgun slugs and fiber optic sights.

Boolit Master
    That's interesting! Go Henry! Made in America!
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

I would like one without a removable tube! Maybe next year.

Sign me up, 45-70 please.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by godzilla View Post
    I have mixed feelings about this.

On one hand it would create a more conventional and classic appearance, which is always a good thing for blued steel or brass and walnut lever guns.

On the other hand, being able to unload without having to cycle every round through the action is a good feature at the end of the day if you are hunting.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by godzilla View Post
    Why? I’m just curious, not trying to be argumentative.