Load DataWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingPBcastco
Repackbox Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your nice rides

Hardly Abelson

This is Hardly Abelson, the real one. I built it in a motel room where I was living. See, some public defender in Ohio talked me into pleading guilty to a DUI. Said the judge was going to take it easy on me. I was sitting on private property, had enough sense to not go anywhere. Turns out the state has no authority to enforce traffic laws on private property, and that operation involves causing movement of the vehicle. I may have been snoring hard enough to cause movement! Take it easy! He took my license for 10yrs, threw me in jail right away though I was going to college, fined me out the wazoo. Anyway, here in IN, you don't need a license for a motorized bicycle and I built Hardly to get me back and forth to work for awhile. Only problem with it was the paper thin tires, always getting flats compliments of tire wire along the road. I put plastic liners in that helped some, but not enough. It's sitting on the front porch with a flat now. Oh, it'll go around 40mph.
    Last edited by madsenshooter; 07-02-2011 at 10:52 AM.
    "If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master
    Glad I'm not the only one in love with the Buick Regal, awesome 2 door hardtops! But, with a handle like mine, it's something a little different:

In all, the .41 Magnum would be one of my top choices for an all-around handgun if I were allowed to have only one. - Bart Skelton

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master

My get away car...

1995 Ford Probe GT. Loaded, everything but the spoiler...
    Last edited by condorjohn; 08-30-2011 at 10:24 AM.

Boolit Master

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by madsenshooter View Post
    This is Hardly Abelson, the real one. I built it in a motel room where I was living. See, some public defender in Ohio talked me into pleading guilty to a DUI. Said the judge was going to take it easy on me. I was sitting on private property, had enough sense to not go anywhere. Turns out the state has no authority to enforce traffic laws on private property, and that operation involves causing movement of the vehicle. I may have been snoring hard enough to cause movement! Take it easy! He took my license for 10yrs, threw me in jail right away though I was going to college, fined me out the wazoo. Anyway, here in IN, you don't need a license for a motorized bicycle and I built Hardly to get me back and forth to work for awhile. Only problem with it was the paper thin tires, always getting flats compliments of tire wire along the road. I put plastic liners in that helped some, but not enough. It's sitting on the front porch with a flat now. Oh, it'll go around 40mph.
    Must be coming back in favor. Some teenager has been riding one up and down my street this summer.

Winelover

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    I had access to one of these, the 1952 version....

http://www.whizzermotorbike.com/History.html

... felix
    felix

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Yeah, but are you armed?
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

On Heaven's Range

Well, this rig is still sitting in Phoenix AZ awaiting transport to its new home in northern Nevada, but there are some great photos of it on Ebay Go to

www.ebay.com

and search for 330579360428

If some kind soul could move one of the pictures over to this thread, it would save a lot of 'clicking' (hint, hint)!

Click on the first photo you see, which will enlarge it. Then each of the smaller photos will be enlarged in turn as you click on it. I can safely say that it will out-weigh "hardly Abelson"! Comparing the gas mileage would be an entirely different matter, however.

Looking forward to some BIGtime fun with this one.....
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

Boolit Master

262,000 + miles, my daily driver . . .
    Last edited by Three-Fifty-Seven; 06-23-2020 at 07:49 AM.
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Boolit Master

OK, enough cars already!
    Last edited by Springfield; 08-08-2012 at 11:11 PM.

Banned
    Here is my 93 Z-28 Camaro.

It has a LT4 with a D1R Procharger supercharger running 18lbs of intercooled boost. It is capable of running low 10.s in the 1/4 mi and fully street legal. The 11.5 in wide ET streets on the rear have a hard time trying to keep it in a straight line with the 6 speed manual transmission and 3:91 gears.

I guess I am too old to go slow.
    Last edited by 6bg6ga; 06-03-2012 at 07:00 AM.

Banned

Nice regal.

Boolit Buddy
    1975 Camaro

I use to Bracket drag race almost every weekend. Now that I've gotten older I just attend a couple of races a year with a few other "seniors". We have been attending the "Super Chevy Show" and the "Old Geezer's Race" at the Maple Grove Drag-way in Reading Pa since we slacked down on our schedule for the past 5 yrs. She still puts a smile on my face that an SOS pad would be hard pressed to take off. The photo below is a starting line photo from 2008. It was the first race I attended after putting the new motor in it.
    She went 10.37 at 128.74mph on this pass.

I may be getting older but I hope I never grow up !

Mike

Last edited by Smoke-um if you got-um; 07-03-2011 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Additional info
    " The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him neither harm nor favor"

Quote Originally Posted by BruceB View Post
    Well, this rig is still sitting in Phoenix AZ awaiting transport to its new home in northern Nevada, but there are some great photos of it on Ebay Go to

www.ebay.com

and search for 330579360428

If some kind soul could move one of the pictures over to this thread, it would save a lot of 'clicking' (hint, hint)!

Click on the first photo you see, which will enlarge it. Then each of the smaller photos will be enlarged in turn as you click on it. I can safely say that it will out-weigh "hardly Abelson"! Comparing the gas mileage would be an entirely different matter, however.

Looking forward to some BIGtime fun with this one.....

Nice find, Bruce!
    Last edited by ElDorado; 09-21-2011 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Changed image host

On Heaven's Range

Many thanks for moving the photo over here!

I haven't driven a Deuce in fifty years or so, but I'm REALLY looking forward to getting my hands on this one. 5-speed tranny and 2-speed transfer case will keep the clutch foot busy, I dare say.

It's a "bobbed" 6x6, wherein the rear-most axle is removed and the bed suitably shortened. It makes about the biggest 4x4 "pickup" imaginable. The bed is about 56" above ground, and the tires are 49" in diameter.

9.3x62Al has christened it, "The Hummer from Hades" (polite version) and I suspect that name may soon be painted somewhere on the rig.

Free rides at the next Nevada Shoot!
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

Boolit Buddy

Probably slower than everyone else's, but damn if it won't get there!

And the daily driver. Proud to say everything I own is 4x4 and gets used!

Teaching my gal how to run a steam locomotive,

And cleaning one of the others. Too many hobbies!
    Last edited by Gswain; 07-05-2011 at 02:00 AM.

Moderator Emeritus

Gswain, I need to know more about your train, like, EVERYTHING you have the coolest toy I've seen yet. More pictures!
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

Banned

The train is great, but foreign trucks make me a littl uneasy. It aint natural.

Boolit Buddy
    The trains aren't mine, belong to a friend of my dad's who has them on a ranch. 1.25 miles of track, 9 inch gauge, each loco weighs about 800 LBS dry, probably closer to 1800 LBS including water, tender, and engineer. Grew up around those since I was 2, always had a blast with em. They'll pull about 8000 LBS up a 4% incline, thats the max. We just finished rebuilding the 2nd one with the diamond stack.

Dont want to hijack the thread, so here is a vid link if you want to see more, not sure who made the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9bniJFAOmg

My little toy - it gives you a new perception of what "fast" is. I've also got a Yamaha R1 (motorcycle) and a 1968 Dodge Coronet R/T, but it needs some TLC along with some tranny work.

Banned

I always wanted one of those. Except Id have gotten it in charcoal. Whats your 0-60?

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast