PBcastcoInline FabricationRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Reloading EverythingLoad DataWidenersRepackbox
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 33 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your nice rides

Show us your nice rides

Quote Originally Posted by Trey45 View Post
    Ya'll can start a car picture thread down in off topic if you guys want, this thread is for loading bench pctures. I'm digging the car pictures, but not everyone is (yes, we actually got a complaint).

well with that said would this worthy of a sticky?

This my firearms hauler!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2632.jpg  
    Last edited by beanflip; 06-30-2011 at 02:16 PM.
    I SHOOT MORE FOR LESS

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible,With Liberty and Justice for all.

Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid."
    -John Wayne

GAS--> $1.55--1-18-09

In Remembrance
    Looks like the kind of thread that would be right at home in the Our Town forum ...
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Boolit Master
    Here's my 1972 Chevelle Super Sport then and now.

[url=http://castboolits.gunloads.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=1336]

Winelover

Boolit Master
    Nice rides.

I wish I had kept a 1952 Jag XK120 fixed head coupe that I had in high school. Brit rides were cheap back then (mid 60's). I paid $400 for it and it was in great shape including wood and leather. That car would likely be worth a few hundred thousand in the same shape today. If one had only known! I do not think that I have a picture of it but I will ferret around.
    ph4570

Moderator Emeritus

I think this thread is worthy of a sticky myself, as it seems almost all of us enjoy cars, trucks, boats, planes, trains, horses, motorcycles, or whatever gets your hindparts from point A to point B.

Edit.
    I have brought this to the attention of the rest of the staff here, on moving this thread to the Our Town section, and making it a sticky, we'll see where she goes from here.
    Last edited by Trey45; 06-30-2011 at 01:35 PM.
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

Longwood
    The prop failure is phenomenon caused by a cheap digital camera in a massively overpriced cell phone.
    Last edited by Longwood; 02-04-2012 at 07:40 PM.

Moderator Emeritus

Thread moved from Off Topic, and made a sticky! Keep the rides coming.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

WWGWD

Boolit Buddy

it has a different bull bar on it now but the same 315,000miles.
    The only time you have too much fuel on board is when you're on fire.

"There are a lot of changes when it gets below -10 below F. in everything from ammo,gun, humidity, uncontrollable shaking and the strong urge to go home. "randyrat

Here is one of my rides, 1939 John Deere model A. The single front wheel makes it a N so it's a AN. It was sitting in a barn for years and I had to clean the fuel system, change all the fluids and some other tinkering. It operates at 975 RPMs, starts and runs good and its running in the picture.

They made tons of these in many configurations, promised parts for 50 years and you can still get parts from the dealer.

Banned

Moderator Emeritus

The neighbor has a Model 60, nothing else on the planet sounds like a poppin' johnny.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

WWGWD

Here is Farmall M setup for farm stock tractor pulling. The engine has more displacement, a later model head, pulling cam, electronic ignition and some work to make it lighter. I've pulled from 5000LB to 7000LB. It doesn't do too bad, recently got 4th place against some bigger $ engines. It's a game of balance and traction.

Boolit Master

1969 Dodge Dart GT.
    U S Navy Retired. NRA Lifetime Member. NMLA. SASS Member Time magazine Person of the year 2006

Boolit Master

Lightbulb

I painted this in my driveway using Brightside marine paint and a roller.

U S Navy Retired. NRA Lifetime Member. NMLA. SASS Member Time magazine Person of the year 2006

my baby

Boolit Grand Master

Last edited by imashooter2; 02-23-2016 at 09:12 PM.

My hunt mobile.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rocky peak.JPG  

Super Moderator

..............When my daughter was 16 I realized she was no longer a child. While we had horses and went on many rides and camping stuff, plus did lots as a family, I thought she and I needed a project we could work on together. Generate some solid life memories I guess.

This was the result. We bought it for $1200 and drove it home. The window glass was down inside the doors, the doors were held shut with bungee cords hooked from the door handles to the glove box opening. It had a really tired old Ford 352 Y block and granny 4 spd trans, with the shifter up through the floor, and dual glass packs under the running boards. The original front end was shot and the steering box was loose as a goose. To complete the carnival, it smoked like you were fogging for mosquitos You could turn the steering wheel a good 270º before anything happened and if you hit a bump the old pickup would take off in another direction.

I wished we'd have had a video of that trip home (all surface streets) as we laughed and giggled the whole way . When we had to stop at a light the smoke we'd laid down would catch up with us and add to that we were generating just sitting there. Once home and parked I went in to get Donna to come out and see it. When we went back out each exhaust pipe had a rather rapid steady stream of oil dripping out.

In the course of time we took it completely apart, all the way down to the chassis. Believe it or not I sold that old Y block and trans for $500 to a guy who wanted them for his early 60's Ford Pickup. The pickup was basically very straight and had a lot of parts like door handles, strike plates, and other details which will really eat up the budget. We refurbed each part. What we did to it was to have a Chrysler Volare front end grafted on, power steering, added power brakes, a BMW hood tilt kit, all new tinted glass, all new polished stainless windwing and window trim, body panel beading, clear red oak bed with polished stainless strips and bolts, new Ford 9" 3.90 rear end, shucked the stock rear springs and installed reversed eye smoothies. New stainless side mirrors, headlight and turn signal trim and new tail lights with FORD trim and blue dots.

The sunlight washes it out but the upolstery. Christian picked it all out and was all gray tweed with matching door panels. The carpeting was black and wrapped the entire cab interior from the firewall, under the seat, and up the rear cab wall and overhead. The steering column was a tilt & telescoping unit from a '78 Caddy. I made the replacement dash panel out of aluminum. It carried the speedo, volt, fuel, oil press, and oil temp guages. I also made the aluminum column bracket which carried a trans oil temp guage and tach. Christian was a bit dismayed to find out we weren't going to have air conditioning Simply wasn't in the budget.

A couple years earlier my grandmother decided she didn't need to be driving any longer so she gave us her 1969 Ford LTD they'd bought brand new and in 1995 it still only had 65,000 miles on it. So we snagged the 429 V-8 and C-6 trans out of it for the pickup. Donna said she didn't think Christian's pickup needed a V8, but I explained there simply wasn't any money to buy a different engine and trans. Oh darn!

Since it was out hanging on the hook I HAD to do SOMETHING to it (you understand?). So I went over to Waynes Engine Service in Riverside to talk to their Ford guy. He asked what I was doing with it and I explained it was going into a 55 Ford pickup my daughter was going to use for a daily driver. He said heck it already had 360 hp, but if you bring in the heads for $150 he'd port the exhaust side (they have mongo huge big round intakes) and it'd give me another 35 horses, so I did that. We then put on an Edlebrock street manifold and used the original 4 barrel carb. Custom headers were horrendously expensive (everything is for big block Fords) so we had the muffler shop mate up 2.5 pipes with dual Flowmasters and turned the exhaust out in front of each of the rear tires. We installed a new repro 4 row Ford radiator with an electric fan for it, and a seperate electric fan on the trans cooler. Even on a hot day running 35-40 mph the fan wouldn't ever turn on. That radiator cooled like an Indiana winter!

Christian drove the truck about 4 years going to college and her job. Sometimes when she'd go to town and come out of a store there'd be a couple guys looking at it and when they found out it was hers they usually wouldn't want to talk to her about it. She got pulled over 3 times by cops but not for tickets. They just wanted to see the truck (and her I guess). Never did have a problem with those blue dots on the tail lights. When she got her job as a forensics investigator with a local PD and then got married she decided she needed a more practical car. She was always afraid to park the truck on the street or take it to the beach. Lemme tell ya, when you stepped on the loud peddle it'd flat scat, and both she and I got in trouble with Donna and my mother a few times Neither of us ever got a ticket but it was sure fun tootleing down the road in it. Christian says if she EVER sees another piece of sand paper it'll be too soon.

And my FINEST project, and Donna's too. A wonderfull child and a magnificent woman and mother herself now.

.................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Buddy
    Cant pass this one up...my misfortune ought to be worth a good chuckle for someone.

Boolit Master
    1981 Regal, Chev 350, TH350, posi,
    Built from the dirt up by my own two hands, including paint work

Nose above the grill customized to have the later Grand National look, rather than the large clunky Buick emblem

Page 1 of 33 1234567891011 ... LastLast