Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Load Data

Thread: CZ 527 hornet owners

Boolit Buddy

CZ 527 hornet owners

I 'am still waiting for delivery but would like to load some ammo in preperation.Been told the CZ chamber is tight.Would new Winchester brass fit in the chamber without running it through a sizing die first.If so I could load up some trial loads and hit the ground running.Thanks Frank C.

Boolit Grand Master
    Don't know, I don't have one. However, I always like to have the gun in hand when starting to load for it, so I can set the overall length and ensure it wil feed from the magazine.

Robert

Boolit Master
    I cannot answer your question but i can tell you that those are fine shooting rifles. I had one ( my brother beat me out of it)that would shoot the Barnes X bullets into a half inch on good days and always 1 inch at a hundred.Mine was the full length stocked one and should not have done so well.
    Killed lots of coyotes with it.Once killed a bibcat running at 214 yars with it(lucky).
    Dwight

Quote Originally Posted by bandmiller2 View Post
    I 'am still waiting for delivery but would like to load some ammo in preperation.Been told the CZ chamber is tight.Would new Winchester brass fit in the chamber without running it through a sizing die first.If so I could load up some trial loads and hit the ground running.Thanks Frank C.
    I've done that with fresh brass and have not had an issue. If you load some up be sure to keep the COL under 1.710 otherwise it will not fit in the magazine. The magazine is blocked off at the rear so playing with longer bullets is strictly a single load event.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks guys,I have alot of old 22 hornet brass used in my long gone savage 24v I will wait and size that so it will just fit in the chamber and use it for reduced cast loads.Will load enough in the new WW brass to at least sight in. Frank C.

Boolit Master Baron von Trollwhack's Avatar
    Be sure to check your bore/groove dimensions also. I have two 222Rs and both run .223 in the groove and about 1/2 a thousandths smaller than nominal in the bore dimension (I do not recall the exact dimension on the latter though).

Not a problem in reloading jacketed though, both are very accurate, But you must carefully select cleaning rods, jag and brush diameters, and be sure of fit ups on these parts. Get a Possum Hollow action sleeve for cleaning too. Accuracy is the reward.

BvT
    Every lawbreaker we allow into our nation, or tolerate in our citizen population leads to the further escalation of law breaking of all kinds and acceptance of evil.
    Since almost all aspects of our cultural existence are LIBERAL in most states, this means that the nation is on a trajectory to dissolution by the burden of toleration and acceptance of LAWBREAKING as a norm, a trajectory back to the dark ages of history.

BvT

Boolit Bub
    I had a CZ 527 American 22Hornet, but I sold it a couple of years ago. Mine was bought when they were first introduced and had an overly large chamber. I had to partial size my cases, they looked kind of funny, looking like they had a double shoulder. When loaded like this, along with some glass bedding, I had excellent accuracy with jacketed bullets. I never tried cast in it. I used H110 or 296 with the Hornady 33gr Vmax. I wish I still had it.