Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Load DataWidenersRepackboxReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rossi loading gate problems

Moderator Emeritus

I had one that I needed to relieve some off the back of the gate as it was sticking open. I cleaned up the edges and moved it back as well but needed to remove a burr off of the back of the gate to let it feed well.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Jeeze, maybe I should go into a retirement business of tuning up Rossi 92's! I've done all 4 of mine, isn't really that hard.

For all but a select few the Rossis are "kit" guns. They need finish work to function IME.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Better loading today, I had the magazine full of ammo for a couple of days to "season" the spring. Filled the tube up just fine many times today.

I also cleaned and lubed the part that keeps the rounds in the tube. Shoot 100 rounds a day and you'll have a slick shooter in a couple of months. Clean and shoot it completely dry every now and then.

I've shot various test boolits and loads,now that I had a "proper" NLG mold I got some leading for the first time.

What size boolits do you shoot?

I have an older octagon barreled 357 from 2008 (IIRC). Had it to the indoor range today and had not shot it in quite a while. The loading is a little stiff and the action is not quite as slick as I would like, but it functions well with 38s and it is very accurate even though I have made no effort at all to slick it up. I shoot mostly 38s. Today I was shooting a 133 grain RNFP that came out of an Arsenal mold, the 138 Max mold, over 4.4 grains of HP38. Indoor range was only 25 yards, but it was trivially easy to get tiny groups with the tang peep and my poor eyesight. I planned to take it on a squirrel hunt tomorrow, but I reread the regs and I can't take a centerfire rifle out until deer season is over. Next time.
    When you care enough to send the very best, send an ounce of lead.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12