MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRepackboxTitan Reloading
WidenersInline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Load Data

Thread: #107 Powder at Bartletts

Boolit Master

Question #107 Powder at Bartletts

He says it is coarse flake and can be loaded using AA#7 data. That seems to be a lot like Blue Dot and if it is kinda bulky it seems to be a possible Boolit powder.

Anyone out there try any of it?

One order from him and I should be set for powder for a few years.

By the way he has some 8208 in stock . . . PRICEY, but in stock!
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Moderator Emeritus

It shoots good but is a scoop and weigh only as it ties up any powder measure made. Square shaped with sharp corners. Gianni.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Grand Master
    Gianni said it all, it flows about like hockey pucks through my Duo-Measure. It does good work in the 7.62 x 25, and weight for weight pretty much duplicates AA-7......but is tiresome to load. Scooping for small charges (7.0-8.0 grains) shows too much variance from scoop to scoop, kinda requires weighing as if it's IMR-4831. I need to do more work with it, but have given up on it for small caliber pistol applications--it's just too labor intensive and time consuming.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Deputy Albert--not a question a statement--you don't have a Belding&Mull powder measure. Your post about the powder was the tip-off.

Boolit Master
    If #107 is close to Blue Dot, then will it work in 45 Auto? I've loaded Blue Dot in 45 Auto with good results.

Ron

Boolit Grand Master
    Uncle Ray--

Nope, it's a pre-historic RCBS that came with two cylinders--hence the nomenclature.

Ron--

Dunno, sir. I did try some rather warm loads with Blue Dot and the Speer Flying Ashtrays (200 grain HP's) in 45 ACP, this about midway through the Carter Administration IIRC. Impressive stuff, and they whacked jackrabbits comprehensively. Blue Dot always struck me as a magnum shotshell and high-velocity or magnum revolver fuel, but the 45 ACP work it did was just fine.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master
    Deputy Al,

I was using Blue Dot in 45 Auto, as I remember I was getting around a 1000 fps with it. I did quite a few with 9.8 gr of Blue dot with the 452374. This was back in ' 81. I used up my pound and never did get anymore. If I could find a good Surplus equivilent though, for a good price, I would sure use it. Heck, even have a Bleding and Mull measure.

I went and checked on CastPics, (DUH!!) and there is data listed for Bartlets #107 there. Of course all usual warnings apply.

Ron
    Last edited by ron brooks; 01-02-2007 at 04:08 AM.

Boolit Grand Master
    Well, I'd like to use the #107 for SOMETHING. I bought it 4 years ago from Jeff, and I think I've used maybe 4 ounces of the stuff, tops.

Smile

I used to use that Speer Flying Ashtray and Blue Dot .45 ACP load back in the Carter Administration, too! Think I still have a few of those around here somewhere...
    "A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Deputy Al--I have never found any powder the Belding&Mull will not meter. You possibly know anyone that has one that you could try the #107 on? If there is a powder out there it won't handle I'd like to know about it.