Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackboxLoad Data
Lee Precision Reloading Everything

Thread: Sig P6

Boolit Mold

Sig P6

I have a Sig P6. Most of the time the slide will not stay back (open) on the last shot. Has anyone had the same problem. If so, any suggestions? Thanks, Jerry

Boolit Buddy

I had the same problem, especially when shooting 'warmer' handloads (none over max). I finally traced it down to 2 things. First was my grip, sometimes I didn't realize my thumb was up on the slide lock.
    The second was my mag springs. They were getting old and tired, so I updated all of them using springs from Wolff Gunsprings.
    Worked like a charm !
    If your still having problems after checking these 2 items, you might want to look and see if your slide lock hasn't 'rounded' a bit where it engages the slide.

BTW, mine is a P225, but they are identical except for the hammer style.

Boolit Grand Master

Did they sell a non-P6 marked P225? I never saw one, only the two P6s that I have, which
    are the normal German Federal (I think) Police issue guns with the silly "drop indicator"
    hammer spur.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master

I would make sure the springs in your mags are in good shape. Same thing happened on my AR-15 with some used mags I bought at a gun show. Changed the springs and I never had the problem again.
    "The right of the people to keep and bear...arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country..." (James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434 [June 8, 1789])

Once the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.
    Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Buddy

I purchased my P225 locally, not off of the internet.

Even though my pistol barrel slugged out at .355" I got leading until I started sizing my bullets to .357", just a heads-up.