Load DataWidenersRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: T/C Seneca .36 cal. Rifle

Boolit Master

I too have a little .32 Cherokee that is practically new. I shot it about 10 times at a raccoon match in the mid 80's and haven't had it out since then. I got the ramrod stuck in the barrel with a tight patch and a fellow shooter said he could remove it. He put the front ramrod thimble against the bench and yanked. I snapped the front thimble off but did remove the ramrod.. I have called T-C twice and twice was promised replacement screws to put the thimble back on. None have been sent. The last time I called was about a year ago. Sad to say, I won't be buying any T-C products in the future. I was going to buy a Contender until I started getting the old run-a-round.

Boolit Master

TNsailorman: sounds like you have a some problems with your Cherokee and with TC in general. I have had both situations with TC as well. At the present they are on my good list. HA. I have sent you a PM regarding the problems you are having and would be willing to offer some assistance if I can if you desire to get it going.

Boolit Master
    I bought a Traditions .32 at Sportsmans Wharehouse it wouldnt set a cap off. Took it back tried another it wouldnt set a cap off either got my money back was very dissapointed. I have been looking for a TC Cherokee for years if I ever find one at a decent price it will follow me home.
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Master

I know what you mean about the little Cherokee. They are a sweet little rifle. I have really enjoyed my .36 Seneca. I have shot muzzleloaders for years but I had never loaded a ball down the bore without a powder charge. That is until the other day. I was having so much fun shooting the Seneca that I just failed to charge it one time. I couldn't believe I had done it. I even snapped two or three caps trying to convince myself I had not done it. Well I can't say I haven't done it anymore. I pulled the nipple and trickled 5 gr or so of Goex 3F in it and touched it off. Sounded like a 22 CB cap but it did get the ball out of the barrel. They are fun to shoot!.

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.

bore

They have several Muzzle loading supplies that sell the small bore light for the front stuffers. You just drop it down the bore and let it rest on the breech face. If you can't find one that will fit, then look at the Stream lights.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Mold
    I just bought a used Seneca 36 Cal. The gun is in very good shapeI fired three rounds before I broke my jag off in the tip of the barrel. I did get it out. I have tried most gun stores in my area, no luck on a new ram rod. I have tried the internet and found some options. Heres my problem do I need the 3/8 rod or the smaller 5/16 I would like the 3/8 if it will fit. The RB i am shooting says .375 I know that is 3/8. Also does any one know who has Maxi balls in stock.. The three rounds I shot at 50 yards 30,gr black powder . I hit a 3in target all three times. I love this gun as much as all my others.

Boolit Master
    retired

Are you sure that is a .375 RB? I don't think that big a ball would fit the 36 Seneca. Does it go down the bore hard?

As far as the ramrod diameter goes, as long as it fits the bore use what you like. If you want it fit the thimbles you will have to use what fits them.

My Seneca likes the .350 ball with snug patch. I also shoot the T/C Maxi and they do real well. If you would like to try some let me know.

I've managed to get 3 36cal. Senecas over the years. One had a broken rammer... I replaced it with an aluminum arrow shaft...
    Experience is the source of all knowledge.

Boolit Mold

RB size

Quote Originally Posted by swamp View Post
    retired

Are you sure that is a .375 RB? I don't think that big a ball would fit the 36 Seneca. Does it go down the bore hard?

As far as the ramrod diameter goes, as long as it fits the bore use what you like. If you want it fit the thimbles you will have to use what fits them.

My Seneca likes the .350 ball with snug patch. I also shoot the T/C Maxi and they do real well. If you would like to try some let me know.
    You are correct. I went out and check my box of RB they are .350. When I went to one gun store today the guy told me my gun would use .375 so I assumed that is what I had when I commented on the form. That now answers my Q on the size of the rod. .375 is 3/8, that will not work. You know if I come across the maxi that would be nice. I have to remember this is not a big game gun. Thanks for the info.

Boolit Master
    retired,
    If you want to try some of the 36 Maxis pm me with your mailing address and I will send you some. When I got my Seneca I got one of the T/C Maxi mould to go with it.

swamp

Boolit Grand Master

375 are 36 caliber but for 36 caliber pistol. Some people that don't shoot MLs don't realize the differance. A couple on line places you could try to order a ramrod are cains outdoors or Track of the wolf or dixiegunworks.
    Aim small, miss small!

Boolit Master

My .36 Seneca shoots both the .35 PRB and the Maxi real well at 50 yards. By that I mean the group is small. Probably about 1.75 " or even some better. I use 35 gr GOEX fffg. However, the problem I have is the PRB shoot about 5" high at that range and I currently have the rear sight all the way down. The Maxi shoots low by about 3" with the same powder charge. I can't figure out what I need to do to get my PRBs to shoot lower. I considered getting a taller front sight. Any suggestions?

Boolit Buddy
    The local gunshow was on today and I walked out of there with an armload of bullet moulds. I thought that one mould was for a .32 or .33 round ball which I would have used for casting buckshot. When I got home I found it to be .35.

For $10.00, I don't think I am out too much on the mould. Right away I thought that it would be a great excuse to get a 36 cal rifle, which I have always wanted.

It looks like any .36 rifle is hard to come by. Are there any kits or complete guns available in this caliber? Sorry about hijacking the thread.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by grullaguy View Post
    It looks like any .36 rifle is hard to come by. Are there any kits or complete guns available in this caliber? Sorry about hijacking the thread.
    They are out there...but yes tough to find.
    they pop up most often when not looking for them.
    Jon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Just picked up a matched pair of Navy Arms Mule ears. Consecutive serial numbers - .36 is 001, and .45 is 002. 8)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12