RotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackboxLee Precision
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Load Data Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Issue with 45 Colt Dies

Just for fun, I went to Ebay yesterday looking for vintage 45 Colt dies. I found a set, and threw in a bid. I don't need them, but the way the issues come up on this board, I thought I would pass them along to somebody for what I paid for them.

I tripled the existing bid and within 10 minutes, I was outbid. Seems like other folks have broken the code on how the older dies often do much better work.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Master
    Lee dies will work if you do some work. The seat die needs to be opened up, the factory crimp die really works if you shoot jacketed bullets only............................ The sizing dies may need opening as well, all is doable in your home workshop with a wooden dowel, drill, and some 320 grit sand paper. If you pull a loaded bullet and measure it, that will tell you what needs to be done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12