RotoMetals2RepackboxLoad DataWideners
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything

Thread: Lyman Orange Magic Rocks!

Boolit Buddy

Lyman Orange Magic Rocks!

Hello,

Just a brief note to say that Lyman Orange Magic when coupled with a Lyman 356402 bullet sized .356 has been a good performer in 3 different 9x19 pistols. Using 4.1gr. of Green Dot with a COAL of 1.115 (nominal) these rounds fed and functioned in 2 Colt Government Model 1911’s (1991 series one blued on in stainless) 9mm’s and a Glock 17 with a Wheaton Arms aftermarket barrel.

Capable accuracy in the Glock and Stainless Colt. Excellent accuracy in the Blued Colt. Little smoke unless the air is dead calm. If the air is dead calm then smoke is moderate. The best part is that there was no leading in all three pistol barrels. The Colt barrels are known for tighter rifling where .356 9mm bullets are appropriate and the Wheaton Arms barrel is apparently of the same persuasion. In fact on all three barrels I got the desired lube star. For my .356 projectiles, Orange Magic is my lube of choice.

My experiments with the 356402 sized .357 with Jakes Moly Ceresin are still in their infancy. My mini Cougar 9mm will be tested with this combo in mid August after vacation. My M9 leaded a bit with that combo, but I think that barrel needs a chubby .358 bullet which I will have to get through Accurate or NOE. I will intend to use a different lube for each diameter .356, .357 and .358 for easy visual identification.

For the often finicky and maligned .356 projectiles they have their lube (Orange Magic) and it works. That is all.

Divil
    Last edited by Divil; 08-05-2020 at 02:46 PM.

I've always liked it.
    It's my go-to lube for .30 & .45 cal. rifles.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.