Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackboxInline Fabrication
Wideners RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What lube to use? A newbie question.

Boolit Master

Smile For 45r . . . lube formula

I think at least one person here uses a formula much like yours.

BUT

They just go with 50/50 Moly Sta Lube and Beeswax.

Least that is what I read elsewhere and NOT in his article about cast boolit lubes(unless he added that later). Think you will find it in the article about "The boolits (sp mine) of SSK".

I use Felix Lube cause I got in on the giant batch buy (there are two characters over in some state west of TN that do everything in BIG batches). Have you ever seen their alloy/WW melting pot?
    Last edited by TCLouis; 12-30-2006 at 10:37 AM. Reason: additional info
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

lube uses

I guess that hard lube is mostly pariffin and carnuba and works at high velocity and easy to use with heat and soft lube is mostly bees wax and vasaline and is like SPG(some say samething) and is easy to make and good for pistol loads.Im using up the last of some RCBS pistol lube mixed with blue angel and lyman super moly and have been getting very good groups and no leading and not to sticky to work with and only needing light bulp heat at the start to flow very well untill Im done.Mixing in the moly is something Ill do from now on.I have some hard green lube and thinking about mixing in some of that in because moly makes the lube a little sticky.Im thinking then Ill have moly,pariffin,carnuba,beeswax,blue angel and that sould be enough.Im trying different stuff but moly and beeswax or moly and blue angel works plenty well enough.I add the hard green if it comes out to sticky or add vasaline if it comes out to hard.My last mix is a little sticky but OK and flows well. Ill put a little more hard stick lube in the mix next time.I dont really think it makes that much difference but I have fun experimenting.I think the easy way to go is beeswax and moly with enough blue angel to make it not to sticky.The moly makes cleaning a revolver a lot easier also.I clean my revolvers every time I shoot them and that make a big difference in how well they shoot.Lots of flitz and tetra bore cleaner and oil.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12