WidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxLee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

Thread: 30-06 Lube

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range.

30-06 Lube

What is a good lube that I can buy on E-Bay or somewhere easy to get. I want a lube for a 30-06 that I am going to cast a 180 grain FP RCBS mold with GC's. I have a heater for my Lyman sizer if I really need to use it. But I was hoping to use a lube that does not need to install the heater. But I will if I have to.

Currently I use the BAC lube for most of my shooting. Would that also be a good lube for the higher velocity 30-06 loads?? Or is there a better choice?? Like the 2500 you can buy on E-By?? Or would the Carnuba Red that LARS45 sells be a better choice(rifle is an Encore with a 24" barrel, plus a MB)??

I am also going to start loading some cast in my 22 Hornet with a bit faster load. Would this same lube still work well for the22 hornet??

Basically I am asking what happens to the lube, or what type of lube is better for higher velocity rifles?? All my cast loads in the past have been with bigger, slower bullets and loads. Thanks, Tom.
    WEST BY GOD VIRGINIA

Boolit Master
    Get the Carnauba Red from Glen.. I use it for all my firearms now, and am well pleased...
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Grand Master

The Carnuba Red works well and very good price.

I thought about that. But would I definitely need to set up the sizer heater in order to use the Carnuba Red??

And a second question. Could I just use the Carnuba Red for my 45 Colt and 45-70 bullets as well?? I have had good luck with his BAC lube. Would the Carnuba Red just be more of a good thing?? Thanks, Tom.
    WEST BY GOD VIRGINIA

I pan lube with CR for my 35 whelen, 7x57, and 40 S&W (occasionally) with good results in all three firearms. As far as the heater goes you'd probably need it as the CR is noticeably harder than BAC. Regarding speed CR also goes by the handle of 2700. I've not come anywhere near that fast with CR but it's said it'll perform there. My top speed has been 2200 and had no leading at all. Sadly no accuracy either but that's another story and I don't fault the lube for this.

Boolit Grand Master

I've pushed Lotak soft over 2500 and you don't need a heater.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

I think supporting the sponsors on this site is not only good for them, you, the site, but meets your parameters, except the Ebay one. WLL is on Ebay, but I am not sure about the Bullshop.

White Label Lubes and Bullshop will both treat you right.

and they have proven product. buy some of each and try them for yourself to find what works for you. the price is right

Boolit Master
    I'm using 2500 with great success.

Banned

You might be surprised what BAC will do. Try it. If you don't think it's working for some reason, try Bullshop's Speed Green. BAC and Speed Green will work for .45 Colt and 45/70 as well, at just about any loading level. Carnauba Red works best at full-tilt loads, not so good for .45 Colt IME unless the pressures are really, really high.

Gear

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tom W. View Post
    Get the Carnauba Red from Glen.. I use it for all my firearms now, and am well pleased...
    Yep, works good, priced good, and easy to get (usually fast shippint too.)...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Quote Originally Posted by nanuk View Post
    I think supporting the sponsors on this site is not only good for them, you, the site, but meets your parameters, except the Ebay one. WLL is on Ebay, but I am not sure about the Bullshop.

White Label Lubes and Bullshop will both treat you right.

and they have proven product. buy some of each and try them for yourself to find what works for you. the price is right

I do not understand what you are trying to say. I am talking about Carnuba Red and BAC which are both products of White Label Lube or Lar45?? I thought they were forum sponsors?? I do not understand your comment?? And you can buy White Label lube on E-Bay?? So what are you referring to?? Tom.
    WEST BY GOD VIRGINIA

Boolit Master
    I dunno about e-bay, I just clicked on the link here on the forum.

I mounted a heater when I bought my lubrisizer, and usually plug it in a bit before I start. I lube the .30 cal, the .44, 45's.. everything that I pour for except my muzzle-loader gets the Carnauba Red.

The 30 cal I gotta finger lube, because I don't have a sizing die to fit the lubrisizer, but I do have a Lee push through.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

ummm Lar45 and WLL ( white label lube ) are one and the same ( just to clarify and so you know ) the WWL is the business name and Lar45 the profile/nick name , i have to agree with gear ( he's usually pretty sensible ) try the bac it may surprise you , bac is 50% carnuba red and 50% 50/50 ( beeswax and alox ) so it's like a half breed of two of the best , as always proper sizing is everything
    Je suis Charlie

" To sit in judgment of those things which you perceive to be wrong or imperfect is to be one more person who is part of judgment, evil or imperfection."
    Wayne Dyer
    if it was easy would it be as worthy ? or as long of lasting impression ? the hardest of lessons are the best of teachers [shrugz]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLzFhOslZPM

For a high velocity lube, I've always used 30% lithium grease in bees wax. I've target tested it against may other lubes. It doesn't prefom as well as other lubes I tried in low velocity PB loads but, above 1800 fps w/gc's it out prefomed all others including the old M&N lube that set many CBA records in the 1990's.

It takes patients to get it evenly mixed into the BW but, after that it doen't seperate out.

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by HEAD0001 View Post
    I do not understand what you are trying to say. I am talking about Carnuba Red and BAC which are both products of White Label Lube or Lar45?? I thought they were forum sponsors?? I do not understand your comment?? And you can buy White Label lube on E-Bay?? So what are you referring to?? Tom.
    White Label Lube is available on Ebay, but I am not sure about Bullshop's lube.

so the need to buy it easy on Ebay.... well, WLL is easy on Ebay. Bullshop????

but both are sponsors here, and both are readily available through CastBoolits.

so, if one can forgo the Ebay parameter for buying lube, then great lube is available HERE!

that is what I was trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by fryboy View Post
    , bac is 50% carnuba red and 50% 50/50 ( beeswax and alox ) so it's like a half breed of two of the best , as always proper sizing is everything

I thought BAC was 1 part CR, and 2 parts 50/50??

Boolit Master
    And WLL will send you lube samples to try out. They're good people.
    God gave us music that we might pray without words