Load DataTitan ReloadingInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingWidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Repackbox

Thread: Copper tubing jacket dies

Vendor Sponsor

Copper tubing jacket dies

I'll post more details soon as I am short on time at the moment but I plan to offer copper tubing jacket forming dies soon for .250 .312 and .375. With the proper reducing/sizing die this will cover a wide varitiy of calibers.

Please feel free to post intrest or any questions you may have. I'll have some pis and details soon.

Thanks and Swage On!

Brian
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Back in stock with new low price!
    Click link below!
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Star-Crimp-Die

also check in and say hello on my new face book page!
    https://www.facebook.com/BTSniper-153949954674572/

Boolit Buddy

I am interested.

Boolit Man

tube dies

Count me in pending prices and details.

I will also need prices to convert my RCBS.
    Frank

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by BT Sniper View Post
    I'll post more details soon as I am short on time at the moment but I plan to offer copper tubing jacket forming dies soon for .250 .312 and .375. With the proper reducing/sizing die this will cover a wide varitiy of calibers.

Please feel free to post intrest or any questions you may have. I'll have some pis and details soon.

Thanks and Swage On!

Brian
    I'm interested.

Boolit Master
    I'm definitely interested in a setup for .312"; just as soon as I can save up some pennies...
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Vendor Sponsor

I should have some examples from the .312 die soon. Got everything I need just need to machine a few parts first.

Here some sample pics from the .250 tubbing jacket die used in conjunction with the 257 core seating die. Results should be exactly the same in both the 312, .375 and even possibly the .500 copper tubing dies. Care will have to be given to ensure the EXACT size diameter id and od copper tubing is used with these dies as what I set them up for. Use of different diameter tubing could result in problems. I will try and find/use the standard, or most common copper tubing I can find while setting up these dies.

Attention must be given to ensure tubes are all cut to precise lengths. I will not be suppling the tools to cut the tubbing and the die will be set up for one specific lenght of jacket formed. Additional components/base punchs can be supplied to make more then one length of jacket for additional cost or you can simple trim the finsihed jacket made form original components supplied with die. Typically the max length jacket possible in my dies is around 1.5" in length.

Left to right, cut tube, formed jacket, formed bullet and nose of bullet

A .308 jacket, cut 1/4 copper tube, formed jacket, and bullet profiles!

Formed jackets on left with cut tubes on right.

110 grain .257 bullets ready to load!

Last edited by BT Sniper; 05-26-2011 at 01:45 AM.
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Click link below!

I would buy a full set of 25 cal dies, Tube dies for sure and bullet dies if available.
    "let's go. He ain't hittin' nothin'.".... "You IDIOT, he's hit everything he's aimed at!"

I'm very interested in a complete setup for .375
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Master
    I will eventually want a complete set of dies for .257", and a tubing jacket maker.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

In Remembrance
    Say BT, are those pix in post #6 complete? Just kinda looking thru this post and I've never done that type of thing, but those projectiles have that guppy mouth look about them. Can a person with those dies make them come to more of a point? Trust me I got a lot to learn about this swaging stuff. And in the .308 specifically, can a person (with the same dies) make them any weight they want? I'm not talking every flavor of the rainbow here, but I do like the heavies and I'm talking 165gr-220gr.
    Click to see what I'm doing and have available, this takes you to the VS (Vendor Sponsor) section of the site. Currently..25Rem,30Rem, 32Rem, 35Rem, 257Roberts, 358Win, 338Fed, 357 Herrett, 30 Herrett, 401 Winchester, 300Sav, 221 Fireball, 260Rem, 222Rem, 250 Savage, 8mm Mauser (AKA 8x57), 25-20WCF

Annealing Services

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...php?117-Grumpa

Vendor Sponsor

Those .257s had a .125 ejection pin. Means the meplat of the bullet was .125. I have made my 308s with .093 and will be doing teh same with the smaller calibers too like this 257 pictured. I will also be looking into even smaller options. The 308 with .093 metplat shoots under 1/4" groups for me so the need to have a ultra small nose meplat may not be so critical.

Here is a 225 grain and 180 grain 30 cal bullet made from copper tubbing. The tubing walls are typicaly .030 thick so if both sides where completly brought together at teh point of the bullet simple math would make the metplat .060 with nearly a FMJ bullet. These 30 cals pictured where .093. The bullet on far right is a 257 with the nose closed up a bit more.

BTX Star Crimp Die
    Click link below!

Banned

Results of flat out fine craftsmanship. Outstanding BT ..

Boolit Master

I'm real interested in a setup to make jackets for 9mm/357 (.355 & .357).

Boolit Buddy
    I'm interested in .375

Vendor Sponsor

I'll be happy to set you guys up with everything you need. .375 should be easy and straight forward. I got a 375 H&H I need to experiment with. The 9mm is a bit more of a challenge. I suppose all it takes is a simple reducing die to reduce .375 down to .355. Shouldn't be much to it really.

I'll be working on them soon and keep everyone posted.

Thanks

BT
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Click link below!